Look false

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paula's beauty

Reaction score
I did a set of french overlays yesterday, client was happy and so was I. I saw her again this afternoon to reshape her daughters eyebrows. She was over the moon about her nails "loved them" is what she said. In conversation she also said that friends thought they were FALSE. I don't know if that is a good thing or not, its been on my mind all aftenoon and evening . Is it good that they are perfect to look false or is it bad that they don't look real. I'm thinking the later :sad:

I think some people like their nails to look 'false' there by showing they can afford to have their nails done, hence the popularity in poorly placed tips with the smile line half way down the line and unshaped tips.

I would feel the same as you in that I would like to think that my nails would be professionally applied to look natural. Maybe she thought she was complimenting you? Try not to dwell on the false comment, concentrate on the 'over the moon, loved them' comment!

im thinking her friends were jealous of her gorgeous nails... you obviously done a great job... well done you xx

I wouldn't stress if you and the client are happy. I get asked all the time if my nails are my own, just because they've got a good length and shape and don't break with every sneeze and have a good natural colour.

Its even worse when I wear a colour, some people just won't have it that they're my own!!

Like I say, as long as you and the client are happy with your work

xx

I did take some photos

Attachments

• 408.jpg
    408.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 568
  • 407.jpg
    407.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 542
I did a set of french overlays yesterday, client was happy and so was I. I saw her again this afternoon to reshape her daughters eyebrows. She was over the moon about her nails "loved them" is what she said. In conversation she also said that friends thought they were FALSE. I don't know if that is a good thing or not, its been on my mind all aftenoon and evening . Is it good that they are perfect to look false or is it bad that they don't look real. I'm thinking the later :sad:

As a rule any manicure that involves a smile line does look fake! Its just how it is. It not natural to have bright white tips is it really?! Ever seen a natural nail with a free edge to rival Simon Cowells teeth!? No!
As long as your client LOVES them then who cares!!

HTH :)

P.s Keep up the good work!

These are my porky fingers :)

My nails are natural but no one believes it! Like someone said its the white tip x

My nails are just shellac french with gems cause I cannot keep a straight smile line when doing my own nails ;) x

The nails you did look FAB! Be proud x

Attachments

• 377549_487866264567205_785921243_n.jpg
    377549_487866264567205_785921243_n.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,173
Thank you Geeks you make me feel so much better :p

They're very nice! I can see that they are natural nails and I think they look lovely.

Girl they look amazing! I totally agree with the other ladys bright white tips arn't natural :) which is why we all have buisness!

My self like really long brightest whitest nails! I know the nails I wear deffs arn't natural looking and thats just the way I like it lol

The nails look GREAT & for false nails (acrylic, gel, sculpted) they look really natural i think :)

Great Work :D

xx

As everyone else said,those look AMAZING! great job! & as fake she most def meant acrylic..so id take that as a compliment! they look flawless,great smile lines! :D

I personally love the fake look!

But you nails are beautifully done! And to the other lovely geek who posted her nails Wow theyre long!

Latest posts

Back