Looking for a white sculpting gel that is easy to apply?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussycatclaws

Reaction score
Hello!,

i mostly do acrylics and use CND perfect colour powders & retention liquid and have no problem with them. i also do a few sets of gels, at the moment i use NSI balance gels. i've got no problem with the body builder clear and the pinks however i'm finding the balance white sculpture gel a nightmare to work with it doesn't matter what brush i use or how much i fiddle and faff with it i can't get it level!! :grr:

when i do pink and white gels i prefer to use a sculpture white gel rather than the paint on white as i prefer the finished look.

as i'm about the throw it through the window in a tantrum (especially as it is the fidget queen aka my gran who's nails i'm doing with it!!) can anyone give me any tips on using it or suggest a white sculpture gel that has some self-levelling properties?

so far i've tried young nails, IBD and balance...i've found balance the best for not lifting but IBD were easier to use.

help please!

Cat x

for me its my ezflow gel it for sculpting, 3 different shades of white to choose from:
edge it - v natural creamy soft free edge colour
white it - soft french pink
french - a fab bright white that got the wow factor imo

Jess x

Hi, NSI White Sculptor gel is my favourite now, I used to hate it and apply brush on white then builder clear over entire enhancement. The trick is to scoop it out of the pot and start moving it around either on the nail or on a nail foil/or lid to make it more fluid. I usually do reverse method doing pink first,cure, then sculptor white. Hope that helps x

I also love the NSI Sculptor Gel. I apply my pink gel then white for tips, i get a much better and sharper smile line that way, then apply a thin overlay of clear gel - Clients love them.

i've been trying out NSI out & i'm having the same problem, was going to post about it tonight!!, anyway thanks for the tip, will try the work it more n the lid before applying

i've been using IBD extreme white which is great but finding the 4 min cure very long!!

oooooh never heard of anyone doing them that way before:suprised:

do you know if anyone has done a tutorial on it?

cat x

i've been trying out NSI out & i'm having the same problem, was going to post about it tonight!!, anyway thanks for the tip, will try the work it more n the lid before applying

i've been using IBD extreme white which is great but finding the 4 min cure very long!!

yeah the length of time time it takes to cure is one of the reasons i stopped using that one and got the balance gels.

Sculpture gels tend all to be not "so" self levelling. Its the brush technique what matters. Important is also to take the right amount of gel with one scoop. Adding and adding makes a mess. Once you get it you will love to work with sculpture gels.

Have you tried the Youngs new white sculpture gel? Or have you used the french? I love the new one! It definately has been the best white out there so far. They have a tutorial up on their website:
Young Nails

Worth to try is also Odyssey New Era White gel.

NSI Balance is a more self leveling product. They can be harder to work with for sure. If you get a white builder that should work much better.

I've mixed in some of the brush on white into white body sculptor to achieve the consistency I like. Sorted :)

thank you very much for all your help!!

After youve scooped out your gel and placed it on the form you need to sort of swirl the Nsi sculpting gel around with your brush a couple times like frosting on a cupcake, this gives it a bit of workability since it is a stiff sculpting gel, then you want to "stretch" it into place rather than pushing it into place like you're probably used to doing with a white l&p, this keeps it smooth and eliminates peaks. Another trick that works well is to keep a lint free pad saturated with isopropyl alcohol, use it to wipe and wet your brush slightly to minimize the gel sticking to the bristles. I have a video of this but im on mobile atm and can't post it, let me know if you're interested and ill try to put it up.

Yes I seem to remember them saying if you mix a bit of brush on white into the white sculptor gel it helps, till you get more accustomed to using it.

Latest posts

Back