Looking for recipes to make Custom CND colors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeni Giles

Reaction score
My students once again are picking my brain and want more than it contains:eek: They would like some recipes for colors using the CND Bolds collection. I've shared the few I had to make a rose color, varied shades of lime greens and fushia. They want MORE!! Please, please help me out, I know they'll follow this post so your help is greatly appreciated.

This is when I'm glad for my geeky friends, TIA!!

I hope you dont think im being rude but as an educator & grand master shouldnt you already know them???

There is a booklet that comes with CND Custom Blend sets that gives u the formulas...

Once again please dont think im being rude to you, im not, im just intertesed in how much educators are taught.

I do have those, they want MORE, yes they've learned the booklet, and have experimented but would like a few more "fun" recipes. Not offedned or upset, just need more info from people who get to "play" in the real world.

Not just the normal custom blend colors for lengthening the nail bed, or a basic blend- we've got those well under control. They are asking for variations or ideas that would appeal to a broader (younger) clientele; the ones who want their nails to be noticed as being done.

Last edited:
They are certainly keeping you on your toes mate!!
Which is definately a good thing.
Sorry you know, I know Jack about CND but hope you get some great ideas:hug:
It's fab that they are so interested and want to take their ideas further tbh x

I have toes??? Oh wait, had those done sporting a lovely bright blue (CND Bold Blue) and a custom pink with glitter- I guess that's my problem, I like to stay up to date and try new stuff so I've created 3 new little knowledge monsters.

Truthfully I'd rather they suck my brain (or what's left of what I call a brain) dry than just sit like bumps on a log, I know they'll be ready when they graduate, since they are already asking questions that professionals seldom think of. They are awesome.

I have played with the custom blends and made a few interesting colours, did make a note of some of them (somewhere in the salon), i will try to dig them out and PM you, they may be ok.....Quite bright bold colours....

I have played with the custom blends and made a few interesting colours, did make a note of some of them (somewhere in the salon), i will try to dig them out and PM you, they may be ok.....Quite bright bold colours....
Hey, don't PM..... Share share share! Purleeease! :green: xxxxxxx

I sat for hours with the customs ..... drove me mad ...... I was trying to obtain a camoflage for a nail biter .... then thought Hmmm what else can i come up with... most of them were just a mess but some came out as quite nice colours ......

do you have the booklet that used to come with the old custom blend kit there are loads in there......like coral etc also there are a few mixes in the booklet that comes with the old metro kit which is a bit more sparkly which younger clients may well like....do you have them???

Thats the one i got Sian ..... i did them and then just had a play for the rest...... I used my metros that was interesting lol

do you have the booklet that used to come with the old custom blend kit there are loads in there......like coral etc also there are a few mixes in the booklet that comes with the old metro kit which is a bit more sparkly which younger clients may well like....do you have them???
yes, have those , nude, tan, mocha melon, jade,apple...

my brain is just tired (or missing again) and I thought maybe I'd borrow a fresh one!

haha lol.....mine certainly wont be no use to you sorry!!!! it is frazzled as well!!
xx

I am sorry I can't help you because I have only just started using creative,
but why don't you set them a task/homework to see how many different colours they can make and a recipe to go with it!
just an idea.

Latest posts

Back