Looking for someone to make my website ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi ladies (and gents)

Just a quick one.

I'm looking for someone to make my website. I did one on free webs and just find its a bit tacky (please dont take offence if you have one)

I would like to get a professional one done and wondered how to go about it and also,if someone else is doing it for me then how would i have a say in how it is? I am quite fussy lol

Any help would be fantastic

thanks guys xxxx

My friend builds professional websites as a job, if u let me know what u want I could ask him how much he charges? [PM Me]

Last edited:
Ruth Mills does them :)

Hello there

My husband does websites for anyone that wants one.

all he needs is all the info you want on it pics etc

Take a look at my website which he has done for me :)

Untitled Document
please give feedback too thanks

Last edited:
Ruth Mills on here has done a few web sites for the geeks and they have all been happy with the results, very reasonably priced too hth

Lavender rose the link you have given says web page can not be found hun hth

I'm currently working on a site for someone, but should be available in a week or so if you are interested.

Hi there
my website is R&R Mobile Beauty Therapy - you should get my web designer - she was great - had great ideas and really good price and everything done via emails.
Her email address is [email protected] - I would highly recommend her.
Lou x

how would i have a say in how it is? I am quite fussy lol

You are the client, so you call the shots, some companies will want to meet, most will handle your requirements via email/phone.

Make sure you get the specification in writing, ensuring no hidden extras like hosting domain name etc.

Lavander rose, I love the website..

You have kept the colour scheme going from salon to website. Also you have clearly set out opening hours, have a map to show you where it is and a picture of the actual salon.
By you doing this, I would go to you simply because you have taken the hard work away for me in finding (and seeing) the place, in turn makes me feel relaxed.....kind of the feeling id get at your salon. (Hope that makes sense).

I love it!

Certainly not taking anything away from any recommendations thus far, but I think GoDaddy.com has an outstanding value and easy to manage websites. To me, it's important that YOU are the webmaster and YOU are in control of your colors, your "look", your changes. Just my two cents on the subject based on prior experience with web designers and webmasters. Hugs, kelly

Hello klyz

Thankyou so much for your comments about my website, its very endering to here positive feedback. :hug:

my hubby will be pleased too he has all the credit should go to him :)

You would be very welcome anytime in my salon.

I have had a lot of clients through the website I only opened up in Febuary and its going well, apart from the rent being a bit high, but i love what i do and it gives me so much pleasure knowing that I am there for my clients.

I am glad that you liked it and thankyou again.

This thread is about finding someone to build a website... unless you are trying to gain new business? :wink2:

Yes I know that, I just wanted someone's opinion on those websites so I could tell them something.

And no I am not trying to gain new business. However if someone wants to spend some money with me then that's fine by me. So good idea and thanks.

Btw your Website looks good :roll eyes:

Ok here's my opinion from what i have seen,

Gieves the salon - Very Masculine looking homepage. I do like the colours though.
I think it needs pictures. I think the writing is way too small and I was struggling to read it and keep my interest up to be honest.
I got bored reading it, it is hard going on the eye, so i gave up .

The other one , didnt grab my interest at all so i didnt bother reading it tbh. The writing was bigger so thats better.

Thats not to say I know anything about websites by the way,i am just giving you my humble view for what i can see. Its not the content , its the context.
This is just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back