L'Oreal Majirel 5.0 not covering grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Steph12

Reaction score
been using loreals 5.0 on a lady for a few years with no problems until last time i coloured her hair quite a few stubben grey hairs on the parting wouldnt cover at all .
does any one else get this problem with loreal colours
next time i was going to put 5.3 + 5.0 together to see if thats helps can any one surggest any thing else please

Bluerinse

Reaction score
been using loreals 5.0 on a lady for a few years with no problems until last time i coloured her hair quite a few stubben grey hairs on the parting wouldnt cover at all .
next time i was going to put 5.3 + 5.0 together to see if thats helps can any one surggest any thing else please
Try 4.0 and 5.0 ? Or 4.0 and 5.3 and drop down to 10vol

I never found coverage good with majirel x

Theden

Reaction score
Are u using 5.0 or 5 ?

Steph12

Reaction score
hi no just 5.0

Theden

Reaction score

JosephJunior_

Reaction score
If you add 5.3 it's not going to make it stronger, it will just go warmer, stick with 5.0 it's the strongest, but try making the mix resistant, for example. 50g 5.0 + 55g 6% this should work well, don't recommend dropping to 10vol, especially cause Loreal don't make one and don't recommend it. Plus if you need lift it won't work

wonderwoman

Reaction score
Id stick with 6% with 4.0 + 5.0 equal measures. Why havent you tried supreme. Or try converting to matrix dream age for resistant greys, the colours lift nicely and are very fashionable. xoxo

Theden

Reaction score
If you add 5.3 it's not going to make it stronger, it will just go warmer, stick with 5.0 it's the strongest, but try making the mix resistant, for example. 50g 5.0 + 55g 6% this should work well, don't recommend dropping to 10vol, especially cause Loreal don't make one and don't recommend it. Plus if you need lift it won't work
I rang the educator last week and she said to try adding .3 and it worked x

Steph12

Reaction score
Thank you for all ur help will try these

Heavymedicine

Reaction score
Can anyone tell where i can buy loreal majirel in sydney ?

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Can anyone tell where i can buy loreal majirel in sydney ?
Hi heavymedicine....welcome to the site, however you have not filled out your profile to show if you are a Hair professional.
If you are not then I am afraid our pros won't answer you as they don't want consumers working with pro products they have not been trained in.
If indeed you are then please update your profile and I am sure one of our Aussie hair geeks will help you soon.

Cheers!

magentahair

Reaction score
5.3 6% 45mins for total coverage, l'oreal dont make a 3%.

Heavymedicine

Reaction score
I am not a hair profesional.. Can hair dressers only buy the loreal majirel products ?

mollie1985

Reaction score
I am not a hair profesional.. Can hair dressers only buy the loreal majirel products ?
This is a professional site therefore professional products and if you did manage to purchase it you wouldn't know how to use it please have respect for people who have spent countless hours and money on training !

jazmine

Reaction score
I was L'Oreal trained originally ( now wella) of suggested you go equal parts colour equal parts oxidents. Do L'Oreal still do the intense bases ? They might be worth a go :) good luck

Latest posts