L'oreal Platinium

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyemunique

Reaction score
Hi guys

I wonder if you can help me. I am still doing my NVQ level 2 and we have been doing work on colouring and bleaching. I used to have my naturally dark brown hair lifted with foils to a really nice ash blonde all of the time at a salon and they used to use L'oreal Platinium. I am just wondering what this actually is? I went to the warehouse today and saw it on the shelf and looked on the back to see what it is and how it works but I am still not sure. It comes in a giant pink tube and feels like a cream. Is it a bleach? Does it need mixing with anything? Also, how much do you use? Do you recommend it just for foils or for full head too?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but at college we use Kadus and although the products are fine, you can't walk into a warehouse and buy them off of the shelf, so I am having to buy different products to practice with. I have been colouring peoples hair with the majirel colours and love those which was why I wanted to stay with L'oreal for bleaching too. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, do L'oreal do colour courses? If so, does anyone know how you find out about them and also how much they tend to cost.

Many thanks.
Natalie
xxx

hi im not a hair geek but my sister works for the loreal academy in manchester and im always a model for their courses. The platinium is great and i have had it used a few times some for hightlights and also full head to get the white blonde look. im not going to try and imagine how you work it as i know nothing about that side but they always run courses you can book onto yourself, i am thinking of doing a basic cutting course after speaking the the academy manager as a steppings stone to decide if i like hair, they courses are great they get your models for the practical sessions for you too.

anyway hths x

Hi, loreal Platinuim is a lightening paste comes in two differnet tubs , one is for lifting lighter hair (in a pink tub)
and one is for lifting darker hair (the blue tub) the great big pink squishy plastic tube is developer
and is to be mixed with the tubs of paste ,
there will be different strengths of this for different colour hairs basically it is a gentle bleach with conditioning properties
:)

Hi, loreal Platinuim is a lightening paste comes in two differnet tubs , one is for lifting lighter hair (in a pink tub)
and one is for lifting darker hair (the blue tub) the great big pink squishy plastic tube is developer
and is to be mixed with the tubs of paste ,
there will be different strengths of this for different colour hairs basically it is a gentle bleach with conditioning properties
:)

Thank-you for that. I saw the blue and pink tubs in the warehouse today but didn't realise that was what you mixed with the platinium in the squidgy tube. The blue and pink tubs aren't very big though are they? Do you just need small amounts of that? I found it hard because the writing on the tubs is French. Ha ha. x

Hi, it says.......
mix in any ratio from 1:1 to 1:3 paste to nutri developer to suit your desired consistency without affecting the lightening power :)

Ps, google in Loreal platinuim , it does come up ok , but I can't seem to get the loreal link to work ,

I have used L'Oreal Platinium for the past 5 years and I have to say my career would have been compromised many times without it. Five years after it's release it's still the best lightener on the market.

Platinium works by maintaining the hair's lipid level (In very basic terms this is the amount of moisture the hair retains). Most bleaches literally eat the hair up, ripping through it and causing it to dry out. Platinium is able to successfully lighten the hair without causing much damage.

In addition it can lighten more than 7 levels. I have a client with naturally black hair (2.0) and Platinium blue (in foils) gets her hair to a pale yellow which can be toned ash blonde. Platinium Blue is also brilliant for stripping dark permanent colour from the hair.

You must use the Platinium developer in order to achieve the results and creamy texture for application.

The only hair type not suitable for use with Platinium blue is fine textured hair. It tends to lighten it very quickly and the hair can lose it's elasticity. However Platinium pink with the 30 volume developer is ideal for this fine hair type. You can also use Platinium pink on the scalp as it has no ammonia. In general I would use the platiniums as follows:-

Platinium Blue Lid

Bases 2.0 - 6.0 with 40 volume (in foils only)

Platinium Pink Lid

Based 7.0 - 9.0 with 30 volume (in foils)
with 30 volume on scalp
with 20 volume on scalp.

Also, it's expensive but a little goes a long way. Don't crumble off tons of the paste and mix up with the developer as you will waste it. Use a little at a time and you will find the tubs lasts ages.

hi, how do u measure the ratio when mixing platinium? please xxx or do you just mix it to a creamy paste like normal bleach??xxx

Latest posts

Back