Lorrainelola's waxing question number 127

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
Here we go again, ok, so I invested in the hot wax.
Thought I would have a play before 2 eyebrow waxes tomorrow. Heated uo lovely, went on lovely (by the way I was practising on my legs at this point) came off lovely.........left bits of blue wax on my leg, not so lovely. I had tested the temperature on my wrist and when I took wax off it had left 2 little bits of wax sort of embedded into my wrist :irked:

Ok I thought, less of the legs, lets get those underarms sorted. Wax went on lovely, came off lovely, left blooming little bits of wax on me again.

I am poo poohing myself about tomorrows eyebrow waxes now. Help? Please.

I used a bit of oil beforehand before I applied the wax. My warm waxing is getting much better though lol.

Lorraine x

The actual question is. what could i be doing wrong?

What wax are you using? Are you applying it in a neat shape? Sometimes I find if I dont do that it can leave little sticky bits behind!

Hello :lol:

OK. Passionate is right, you need to apply hard wax neatly or it will leave stray little bits behind. Focus on getting your application even with nice edges :green:

With regard to what happened to your wrist, sounds very strange... did you by any chance forget to apply oil to your wrist before applying the wax?

With regard to any blue stain, you should be able to simply wipe that off with oil on a cotton pad.

I think you should come and see me one day asap and we will get your application technique sorted :hug:

Try not to stress about the eyebrows, as long as you don't apply wax to hair that isn't meant to be coming off, you will be fine! One more word about eyebrows though - hard wax prefers coarse hair, if the clients eyebrows are downy you *may* be better off with warm wax. (Although mine are downy and I still hard wax them :confused:)

Like a lot of things we learn by trial and error. Try not to worry, it is still very early days for you :hug:

Last edited:
You did better than me! When I put the hot wax on my eyebrows (to practice before a client) I got the stuff stuck in my eyebrows and id i'd of taken it off i'd of taken my whole eyebrow off! I ended up waiting till it was really hard then picking it out LOL!!! Needless to say its creme wax on eyebrows for me at the moment till I can do my own again and get them right!

I think it is down to the neatness of the wax and the edges like Zoe says - still a work in progress here ;-)

Hello :lol:

OK. Passionate is right, you need to apply hard wax neatly or it will leave stray little bits behind. Focus on getting your application even with nice edges :green:

With regard to what happened to your wrist, sounds very strange... did you by any chance forget to apply oil to your wrist before applying the wax?

With regard to any blue stain, you should be able to simply wipe that off with oil on a cotton pad.

I think you should come and see me one day asap and we will get your application technique sorted :hug:

Try not to stress about the eyebrows, as long as you don't apply wax to hair that isn't meant to be coming off, you will be fine! One more word about eyebrows though - hard wax prefers coarse hair, if the clients eyebrows are downy you *may* be better off with warm wax. (Although mine are downy and I still hard wax them :confused:)

Like a lot of things we learn by trial and error. Try not to worry, it is still very early days for you :hug:

I always feel better when you put me back on the right track, thank you.
I didn't put oil on my wrist before testing the wax on it, oooooops.

Re the eyebrows I am going to use the warm wax, which I am getting better with, until I can perfect my hot wax technique. I think retirement will come before that day :rolleyes:

I love this job but some days I just lose all confidence, then something goes right and I feel good again. x

You did better than me! When I put the hot wax on my eyebrows (to practice before a client) I got the stuff stuck in my eyebrows and id i'd of taken it off i'd of taken my whole eyebrow off! I ended up waiting till it was really hard then picking it out LOL!!! Needless to say its creme wax on eyebrows for me at the moment till I can do my own again and get them right!

I think it is down to the neatness of the wax and the edges like Zoe says - still a work in progress here ;-)

Just noticed you are in Reading, I'm just outside Reading. Perhaps we should practise on each other?

Just noticed you are in Reading, I'm just outside Reading. Perhaps we should practise on each other?

I think thats a fab idea..i'll PM you!
xx

Latest posts

Back