Losing confidence-haven't done nails for months

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YvonneW2011

Reaction score
So as the title says really. The last set of Acrylic nails I have done on a live client was in November. I just can't get anyone in. I was fully booked with people before Christmas but they ALL cancelled at the last minute. I practice loads on myself and tips etc and I was getting quite confident but now I'm thinking if anyone books in I'll forget my steps and muck them up. I qualified in August last year so I have a looooong way to go until I'm at the stage where I'm happy with my work. How do I get clients in without going ridiculously low on prices like other salons/mobile therapists in my area, ie for a full set. I'm itching to get practising again!

How about approaching local businesses and offering reduced price sets for their staff ( say one in a chemist, one in a clothes shop, one in a bank etc ) and asking if in return, you could leave business cards with them to advertise?

Or perhaps speak to the local school mums and see if you could put a pamper session together for them? Mini manicures, samples of nail art etc and put a smaller chrarge on it? xx

I created a page on facebook. I then post the page link occasionally onto other pages that are titled 'For Sale XXXX' or ones like it. People can see it. Click on your page. View your nails & ask questions & book in from their... This turned things around for me overnight. Once you do good work for one then the rest is word of mouth & the page continually being updated with new art images & the rest is history :)

By the way I'll send you a link to my nail page on facebook so you can see how things could look for you :)

Latest posts

Back