Losing heart-started a month ago and had only 3 clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonita_beauty

Reaction score
Sorry to seem like a moan but I have advertised my mobile beauty business everywhere I can think of and I’ve only had 3 clients! Do I give up and just accept I failed or will it honestly get better? How long did it take to find clients? Any ideas on how to get clients?
Thankyou in advance
Xx

When you say "everywhere I can think of", can you give some examples; like how you're advertising / how you're setting up the post boosts? :) That way I can help you more, if there's something you might be missing.:)

It takes ages to build up a client base when you first start out, there is a really good pinned thread on the business forum that has ideas on advertising

There’s a new dentist/hairdressing salon/supermarket opened up in your town but you’ve not booked an appointment/visited there yet...why not?
See yourself as a potential client and ask yourself what makes you choose to try out a new business?

Most of your potential clients are already going somewhere else so:
a) do they know you exist and
b) why should they try you?

When you say "everywhere I can think of", can you give some examples; like how you're advertising / how you're setting up the post boosts? :) That way I can help you more, if there's something you might be missing.:)
I’ve dont leaflet drops, Facebook, yell.com put posters up in local community centres and added myself onto google maps can’t think of what else to do lol x

I’ve dont leaflet drops, Facebook, yell.com put posters up in local community centres and added myself onto google maps can’t think of what else to do lol x

Okay :) Let's go over a few things within these points. Do you post on your facebook page and instagram pages every day (even if you don't have photos to upload you can post about other relevant things)? When you upload a photo, do you boost that post to the relevant audience? Have you run a competition yet? Do you offer incentives for people to recommend a friend (for example they get a complimentary so-and-so if their friend books in, and their friend gets the same. :) I also make sure to post on the social media during peak hours. Before-After type photos are very popular and always get a lot of engagement for me, but I don't know what sort of services you offer. These things helped me, and I became busy in a few months.

Do friends and family to get photos of your work and recommendations and social media shares

I joined a couple of local networking groups and communities on Facebook. Women in Business/ entrepreneur groups. I go to their coffee mornings and hand out flyers, offer special rates if they’re members of that group or attended a specific networking event. It’s terrifying, but physically going out there and meeting people face to face for me has been invaluable.

I’ve also made “friends” with local beauty businesses so that if they’re fully booked or need to refer a client somewhere, they can refer to me. I’m now at a point where I can direct clients to them (for either services I don’t do or when I’m fully booked)! Community over competition.

I am the same! i started 4 months ago and had a regular 2-3 clients a week which i was happy with but it has completely dried up now. I blame the summer and people being away on holidays but i also struggle to get new clients. i am running a summer promo at the moment and no interest at all. I post nearly every day, whether its pictures or funny nail-related memes, and always list the appointments i have free.
I have also tried advrtising on gumtree, nextdoor neighbour, and leafletting!

Summer and around Christmas are my busiest times. Look at the thread as other geeks have said. It takes a long time to build, I’ve been doing this for 10 years (3 from my home salon) I still get people saying to me “I didn’t know you were here”

Latest posts

Back