Losing my home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that's great Nails, congrats on finding a new home so quickly! Good luck with the move, I'm pleased for you and your family 😀xx

Hope you manage to get something sorted soon :hug:

I didn't want to dwell on it to be honest, no point getting upset about something that I can't change.

I emailed my landlord for a list of houses in my area, they sent me it but none of the houses are available haha what was the point in sending me them.

To be honest I'm glad to be rid of the housing association, they are useless . Took them a year to fix damp & black mould and still haven't fixed my leaking roof I reported 7 months ago lol and left me without hot water for 6 days 2 weeks ago.

Just keep thinking of the positives. My oh is taking a week of work next week so we can get in a decorate :)

Excited for a new adventure x x

Good luck with everything. A new broom........ Xx

good luck in your new home :) x x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

Congratulations! I was just reading through and so glad to see a happy ending.

I'm really pleased for you hun, now you can start planning for the future xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Getting aggro off my step dad now, saying I should be going to the council asking to be re-housed. Saying I'm stupid for private renting and wasting so much money. Anyone would think I'm a child and don't have clue. They don't see the full picture where we will be in one of the best areas in the city, right next to the kids school and near the oh family as they help us out so much with our kids and my mum and step dad don't lift a finger to help out in anyway.

They want me to stay in this house till I'm ordered to go and go for compensation from the housing association. He even suggested I get rid of my 5 month old retriever haha no chance. I have too much stress in my life already let alone staying in a house and would be taken to court to move. Don't need that over my head. They think if I go to the council then I will be housed in a nice area blah blah but I don't see the reason I need to. We can more than afford the rent for the private house, and I don't need to be housed by my council as I have no need for a house when there are people desperately waiting for one who cannot afford to go private.

They even suggested I move into their house whilst I wait to be housed, I would rather eat my own hand as they are so controlling. They have just put a right downer on everything. I was excited to move to a new house and get ready for Xmas and now I'm all disheartened again and no doubt I will get the silent treatment as I'm going to sign for the new house tomorrow. There is only so much stress one little person can take :)

I'm so glad you've found a place, sounds like it's going to be great too! Don't let anyone put you down, you're doing what you need to do and many people woukdbt just let things get on top of them, very strong! Well done you xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Congratulations on finding a new place. From the sounds of it you will be much better off. I think you and your OH knows what would be best for you and your family. It's always exciting moving into a new place and getting to decorate a new home.

Just found out that I am entitled to a home loss payment of £4700 minimum and £1200 in moving and reconnection costs to my new property. The happily missed that info out. After the way I have been treated I am on the phone on Monday and getting my money! X x

[QUOTE=Nails

Go girl!

Sending you a big hug, stay strong and do not let this knock your Xmas spirit, enjoy the rest of the time you have in the property.

I'm unsure on how other councils work however, my mums friend went through the same thing and she had her landlord give her written notice which she took to our local council and due to her having children they had to find her a property. Hope this helps. My fingers are crossed for you xxxxxxx

Ooh so angry, housing association are saying they will give me no help in moving etc.

I was going to be nice and leave the heaters etc but now the whole lot is going with me, going to be ripping up the decking and fences this week, going to pick each plum state stone up from the front garden so they can't have it. Sounds petty but I'm raging! Even lifting up the slate tiles in the kitchen. Will peel off the wallpapers as it cost a fortune so they can't use it. Determined not to give them a single thing now. They can have the house as they have it to me, an absolute hole.

Anyone need decking, blinds, curtains, wardrobes, fences, heaters give me a shout haha x x

I'm glad you have found somewhere for you and your family to live.
It is probably annoying that you have spent so much money on your house but that's the thing with council owned and housing association accommodation.
They are there for people on low incomes and who need extra support.
You yourself admit that you can afford to private rent. You have also spent a lot of money doing the house up.
Without trying to sound mean, if you can afford all this then I don't see why you need and expect extra help.
Maybe you did when you first arrived but you obviously don't now so, in your case, the housing association were there for you when you needed them and now it's time to move on and you can stand on your own two feet.
I'd be looking at it from another point point of view. You should be proud that you are now able to pay your own way and don't need to rely on anyone for handouts. You may even be able to get on the property ladder and own your own property.
I'd look at it as an exciting new chapter in your life. You should feel proud of yourself.

It is probably annoying that you have spent so much money on your house but that's the thing with council owned and housing association accommodation.
You yourself admit that you can afford to private rent. You have also spent a lot of money doing the house up.
Without trying to sound mean, if you can afford all this then I don't see why you need and expect extra help.
Maybe you did when you first arrived but you obviously don't now so, in your case, the housing association were there for you when you needed them and now it's time to move on and you can stand on your own two feet.
I'd be looking at it from another point point of view. You should be proud that you are now able to pay your own way and don't need to rely on anyone for handouts. You may even be able to get on the property ladder and own your own property.
I'd look at it as an exciting new chapter in your life. You should feel proud of yourself.

Yes we can afford to go and private rent and pay the rent, which I have done myself for 4 years in my current property.i haven't lived off handouts. I didn't say we would be financially stable privately renting we have enough of the OH wage to cover the rent etc. we live off one wage as I am now looking for full time employment. There is no way we can afford to go for our own mortgage and privately rent so will privately renting for years to come now.

If I need help to move and help to get into the new house then I am more than entitled to help from the housing association. It is not my fault that I have to move out of the house. At least I pay my rent, I'm not on benefits and I am self employed and now looking for another job. I don't sit on my butt all day, I work my butt off pay all my taxes and NI all my council tax and rent myself so why should I not be entitled to help. We are not entitled to any help from anywhere else but if I didn't work and just sat on my arse all day then I would have it all handed to me.

I have to pay out over 2k to rent this new property, removal costs and everything else that goes with it so yes I do expect a little help from the people who are kicking me out of my home, they have not helped me in anyway they have just served me my notice and told me to go. They agreed to all the home improvements on the house fully knowing the term of my tenancy which I didn't find out until Friday. I have 2 children and Xmas round the corner and luckily I have brought my children their Xmas presents as I cannot afford to buy anything else for anyone or do anything so I am now stuck.

Totally agree with you on this one, Housing benefits, Council Properties and Housing Association homes are for people that need the financial help because they are on low income or on benefits. Not for people with their own Businesses spending thousands on doing a rented property up.

We all like our homes to look nice but the most obvious lesson here is NOT to waste your money on someone elses property. Save as much as you can and then buy your own home. Putting money in someone elses pocket makes no sense at all, we have all been forced to rent at some stage of our lives and paying rent is lining someone elses pocket, Why oh Why improve their property as well increasing the value of the landlord's posessions?

I would be careful with removing all the F&F you are planning to. You have already said that you have no proof of payment for these improvements, Who is to stop the landlord from saying you left the house in a worse state than when you arrived and charging you with vandalising his property. Don't do anything you will later regret. Move on and put this behind you.

In my opinion these HA homes are not homes for life, the same as Council Houses, people move in and never leave which just adds to the problem of others not having anywhere to go and having to be on such long waiting lists.

Good luck with your move and look forward to a new beginning. Will you be in before Christmas. How exciting. Christmas in a new home !!!

Totally agree with you on this one, Housing benefits, Council Properties and Housing Association homes are for people that need the financial help because they are on low income or on benefits. Not for people with their own Businesses spending thousands on doing a rented property up.

We all like our homes to look nice but the most obvious lesson here is NOT to waste your money on someone elses property. Save as much as you can and then buy your own home. Putting money in someone elses pocket makes no sense at all, we have all been forced to rent at some stage of our lives and paying rent is lining someone elses pocket, Why oh Why improve their property as well increasing the value of the landlord's posessions?

I would be careful with removing all the F&F you are planning to. You have already said that you have no proof of payment for these improvements. Who is to stop the landlord from charging you with vandalising his property. Don't do anything you will later regret. Move on and put this behind you.

In my opinion these HA homes are not homes for life, the same as Council Houses. people move in and never leave which just adds to the problem of others not having anywhere to go and having to be on such long waiting lists.

Good luck with your move and look forward to a new beginning. Will you be in before Christmas. How exciting. Christmas in a new home !!!

I haven't spent thousands at all, over the past 4 years I have done up the property to a normal standard due to the fact that my tenancy agreement was meant to be for 10 years. I have carpeted, furnished and re done the garden as the house was given to me in such a state that i wouldnt let a animal live in it let alone my children. I was lied to about the tenancy.

Yes I may own my own business but am I making any money from it? No I am not hence having to go back and work full time and leave my dream job and all the hard work I have put into it.

With regards to the fixtures they re my own, the HA have a list of what was in the property when I signed so I will be taking them with me. I paid for it so it is mine. I will go to the electrical suppliers and go and get receipts for them. I can't vandalise a property and its contents if there was nothing in there from the start.

I have spent so so much money on my house and just had the kids room all re- fitted out again costing me over 1k. Have spent the best part of 8k doing my house and garden up as the house was a hole when I moved in. I am taking everything with me including all the fencing and decking as I will not leave a single thing in the house for them to have.

I now have to find a home and find the money to do it all up again which I don't have which means I have to give up my salon and find a full time job to fund the move and deposits for a house as I'm too quiet in the salon at the mo and just about covering my rent. So bloody peed off right near Xmas aswell. Just got things in life finally sorted and going the right way.

:(

Sorry I have obviously misunderstood...... I read that it has already cost you 9K (8 +1) To me that is 9 thousand more than anyone should spend on a rented property, especially a housing association property. (Maybe on a private let with a REALLY long rental agreement otherwise NEVER)

Sorry I have obviously misunderstood...... I read that it has already cost you 9K (8 +1) To me that is 9 thousand more than anyone should spend on a rented property, especially a housing association property. (Maybe on a private let with a REALLY long rental agreement otherwise NEVER)

Sorry the amount was wrong, The reason why I had done up the house was because I was told I had the house for 10 years otherwise I wouldn't of touched it if I knew it was temporary accommodation. I wouldn't of made it my children's home and my home if I didn't have it long term. I wasn't told any of this until Friday. When I signed for the keys they told me 10years that is why I am so angry as I'm losing everything when there was no need to if I wasn't lied to about the property. X x

I've learnt my lesson, but now struggling to find anywhere to rent now that will accept my puppy retriever as the house I have just put down the deposit for has fallen through so I'm back to square one and in the s**t so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back