Losing weight with your dog

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairflair'xo

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I've read stories in magazines about it, I've noticed my staffy is getting a bit too plump bless her, I've recently moved into a flat with no garden (she used to have a huge garden to run around) so her walkies are now more for toilet breaks than excercise! :( I also need to lose a few pounds and thought we could go on nice long walks together...anyone do this and what are your thoughts? Xxx

I think that's a lovely idea - my shih tzu has put a few pounds on because she's been on steroids for a couple of months and it's made her soooo hungry . . . we're planning on doing lots of walkies, just wish the rain would stop so we can get going!!

Good luck with yours and hope your staffy enjoys herself!! They are such good company bless them xx

Yes! I've lost loads of weight over the past year and my dog as been with me along the way! She is has always been walked but now she gets walked, off the lead ever day! She is much fitter, also with working dog breeds (mines a staffie cross and super lively) they need a good walk every day or can develop behaviour issues, my dog has calmed down a lot since being walked for longer and on lots of different routes. good luck xxx

Has anyone done this? I've read stories in magazines about it, I've noticed my staffy is getting a bit too plump bless her, I've recently moved into a flat with no garden (she used to have a huge garden to run around) so her walkies are now more for toilet breaks than excercise! :( I also need to lose a few pounds and thought we could go on nice long walks together...anyone do this and what are your thoughts? Xxx

i am in exactly the same boat i moved into a back to back house and i walf my staffy before work and when i get home the local park is just down the street and like you for toilet time rather than exercise so Sundays and Mondays are our long country walk days

my Staffy has also put on some "Xmas pounds". in the warmer weather strangely he loves swimming at the local lodge with the ducks this is a great way for him to get fit and build his muscles

cant wait for a nice long walk tomorrow morning :) xx

Great to see others like the idea :D sun is shining down south this morning...gonna head out soon! Xxx

We got Riley 2nd January this year, although I'm not over weight I'm incredibly unfit! He's a collie cross viszla and he is full of energy all the time!! Although he's my mums dog (I live at home) I do love taking him up the hill once sometimes twice a week! And I feel much better for it, the views in the Cotswolds are pretty awesome too! This is Riley: ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393145325.325346.jpg

It's a great idea, Staffies love a good run neonates through to adults!

Why not take the dog for a run around the local park or quiet streets in the morning?

me and my dog have been putting on the pounds - this is a great idea

Ameys beauty Riley is lovely xx

Ameys beauty Riley is lovely xx

Thankyou! He looks black in photos but he's got strange brown viszla hair all over! We've been on a good trek up the hill and down a very steep slope where he got excited n knocked into my dad so he slid uncontrollably down for a metre! Was very funny! Xx

Forgive me for being ignorant as I'm not a dog owner but I would have thought that you HAVE to exercise dogs anyway? Isn't that an integral part of being a dog owner?

V
Forgive me for being ignorant as I'm not a dog owner but I would have thought that you HAVE to exercise dogs anyway? Isn't that an integral part of being a dog owner?

Yes you do, but there are certain breeds that don't need much or can't manage much excersize, for example pugs I think can't be walked for too long as it's bad for their hearts, and bull dogs, dont think I've ever seen one running lol. Some people may choose to adopt and older dog who only needs a short walk each day but lots of love at home/in the garden! But other breeds need hours a day. Responsible dog owners will check this out when buying a dog and see what fits their life style x

Of course they do, mine is much older now and prefers to sleep most of her day away, so although she's getting regular walks to keep her healthy (and to pee lol) it's not enough to shift the weight she's gained from the move, I can assure you she is incredibly well looked after
X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393253386.908272.jpg
Flat out after this mornings walk hahaha xxx

She's my little princess :) I treat her as if she was my child lol, lots of cuddles! Xxx

Latest posts

Back