Lost 8kg in two weeks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyWishFish

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm so happy :green: I have lost 8 kg in four weeks, told my husband this morning and he just grunted (men), started at 60.2kg and now down to 53.2kg

Started this month trying to get healthy quit smoking, eating better the usual, couldn't quit smoking:irked: but did eat better and as a bonus I have lost weight.

Ate Special K or fruits for breakfast but still had my cuppa although I did have bio semi skimmed milk, ate a normal lunch and a normal dinner but grilled everything and replaced potatoes, chips etc for salad. I did cut out all pasta and ate brown bread instead of white and replaced reg oil for olive oil, Also did not touch anything after 8pm for digestion except tea.

Altogether I ate what I wanted except potatoes, pasta and white bread, oh and cut out coke Cola. I did carry on eating chocolate and crisps and so on but just ate one quarter of the usual ie. quarter chocolate bar, quarter packet crisps.The only reason I think it worked was because I cut the size of my usual portions in half especially at lunch and dinner. I even squeezed a chineese :lol: (cheeky) ..............dinner in on Monday night

This is a bonus the weight loss and I didnt even expect it I just wanted to give my body better food and help my digestion because I felt sluggish from eating too much I can see a change in body shape and i feel great (except for the smoking) and my skin looks tons better, so come on girls forget silly diets I guess it just takes some small changes here and there.

Well done hun xxxx

Thanks Shelly, how is the salon comming on is it this Saturday you open or have I got that wrong.

well done you keep it up x

thats brill you have done well,i will try this myself,i had a baby 5 months ago and am dying to lose the weight!too much chocie during pregnancy,so you just recommend cutting down portion sizes?xx

DaddyWishFish said:
Hi everyone,

I'm so happy :green: I have lost 8 kg in four weeks, told my husband this morning and he just grunted (men), started at 60.2kg and now down to 53.2kg
Well done. You must be pleased. Men eah! Keep it up.

Thanks everyone,

Because I have changed my eating habbits I have not really been feeling deprived of anything so I think this is a good way of going about getting healthy. Although I did this and have lost weight I can now see where I have lost it and the skin around my middle is loose so I spoke to my local gym and they said to get rid of this I just need to tone up, I hate gym's so the guy recommended that I do squats & leg lunges at home and walking a lot as well as pelvic floor muscle excersise which I could do anywhere.
Still can't give up smoking though but have tried to cut down on about five a day but it's all good.

Thanks again and those of you who are trying my method let me know how you get on.

Wow, great job! The weight loss is just a bonus, the best part is that you are living a healthier lifestyle! Now the only thing is to quit smoking! One step at a time. Go girl!:)

well done you!

Carriechatwin Hi,

yes just cut down your usual portion size by half and if you still feel hungry eat a little fresh fruit or natural yougart (sweeten with a little honey) or I have started to buy BIO vanilla flavour yougart it's yummy but make sure you dont eat after 8pm but drink lots of water through out the day. Your body takes about three days to get used to eating half it's usual portion and the extra hunger you would feel stops, this is because usually 10 minutes before we stop eating is when we should actually stop eating (does that make sense) your brain does not register the stomach is full until it starts hurting in turn telling us we have had enough, if you cut your usual portion going on the basis that it's a big plate full the extra time it takes us to fill ourselves up is the time it would take our stomach to start digesting so it's sort of a delayed reaction, you should also stop getting that feeling after you eat where you feel soooo tired and just want to flop on the sofa (you know the one usually when Eastenders starts).

Good luck with the weight loss baby fat is the pits to get rid of, let me know how you get on.

DaddyWishFish said:
Thanks everyone,

Still can't give up smoking though but have tried to cut down on about five a day but it's all good.

Have PM'd you re the smoking thing
:idea:

well done you!!!!! i been on a diet also, started last monday and got on the scales this morning only to find id actually lost 9lbs, ive over the moon, ive only got another 7lbs to target, id actually given myself 6 weeks to lose this, but with the loss this week, i reckon ill do it in 3 to 4

Congrats on your weight loss. I too cut out bread, pasta and potatoes mainly because of IBS when I really crave carbs I will eat little portions of either pasta or a potato. If you cant quite smoking, try cutting a couple out of your daily quota. Also hun, when I gave up I really wanted to and never looked back. When you are ready you will stop.

:) Val

Congratulations hun!

What a fantastic start to the summer!

DaddyWishFish said:
Carriechatwin Hi,

yes just cut down your usual portion size by half and if you still feel hungry eat a little fresh fruit or natural yougart (sweeten with a little honey) or I have started to buy BIO vanilla flavour yougart it's yummy but make sure you dont eat after 8pm but drink lots of water through out the day. Your body takes about three days to get used to eating half it's usual portion and the extra hunger you would feel stops, this is because usually 10 minutes before we stop eating is when we should actually stop eating (does that make sense) your brain does not register the stomach is full until it starts hurting in turn telling us we have had enough, if you cut your usual portion going on the basis that it's a big plate full the extra time it takes us to fill ourselves up is the time it would take our stomach to start digesting so it's sort of a delayed reaction, you should also stop getting that feeling after you eat where you feel soooo tired and just want to flop on the sofa (you know the one usually when Eastenders starts).

Good luck with the weight loss baby fat is the pits to get rid of, let me know how you get on.
You've really inspired me. I recently lost 2 stone the hard way (shakes and more shakes) so your way sound brilliant. Going to start tomorrow. Thanks a million. xxx

I'm so glad to hear that you have all been inspired please please keep in touch to let me know how you are all doing. A friend told me something today that most people dont know but about half of us who go on the scales actually are not the amount it says we are because it's not correct, so check your scales girls you could be better off than you thought you were.
And as for the smoking still on about five a day so not going too bad trying to stop by the end of the month.

Kimmi I used to do slim shakes last year what a waste of time left me sooooo hungry so well done to you, good luck chick.

well done im jelous wish i could loose the tummy afte having my son i was huge keep up the good work il keep trying lol:lol:

Kimmi Rocks said:
You've really inspired me. I recently lost 2 stone the hard way (shakes and more shakes) so your way sound brilliant. Going to start tomorrow. Thanks a million. xxx

Kimmi, You know you've got to dump Johnny if you're serious about dieting. Last time I saw him he was running his own chocolate factory.

Latest posts

Back