Love these but don't know how to to them!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacytree

Reaction score
How do you think you do the ones on the right? I know it's Gelish and I think it must be toi and maybe neons. But I don't know how you'd get that movement in it. It's not marbelling or is it? Arghh! help!!!!

Attachments

• 534482_10150895702035876_2006735944_n.jpg
    534482_10150895702035876_2006735944_n.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 661
It looks like water marbling

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

It looks like water marbling

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek
Really! Can you do that with Gelish? I just think they are so pretty.

i agree, sure looks like water marbling to me also...

How do you think you do the ones on the right? I know it's Gelish and I think it must be toi and maybe neons. But I don't know how you'd get that movement in it. It's not marbelling or is it? Arghh! help!!!!

I am pretty sure it is marbling. I tried it, and didn't like it with Gelish. Comes out all lumpy/bubbly and looked awful. Don't like the look

Tried this too. Just didn't work out either! I think it just looks a mess with Gelish! Sorry that sounds off, don't mean it too

Perhaps it's just about practice then, like with any skill... I've had then done before (with Shellac, so maybe the product plays a large part too) and they looked/felt gorgeous. The woman did say she had been doing it since she first got Shellac though.

Tried this too. Just didn't work out either! I think it just looks a mess with Gelish! Sorry that sounds off, don't mean it too
Doesn't sound off at all. We all like different things. I'm not very keen on marbling to be fair. But I like how this is clear and wispy!? Sorry I can't think of a better word. How do you all think they made it clear at parts? Please. TOI, structure of spreading it further apart?

Some of them don't look like marbelling. The blue one with the tie-dye swirls looks like etching, and the red one with the black and white bursts looks like what I call "drag nails"

Some of them don't look like marbelling. The blue one with the tie-dye swirls looks like etching, and the red one with the black and white bursts looks like what I call "drag nails"
It's just the 5 on the right that through me Chickafish. I think I'll just need to experiment. ;)

Last edited:
The black one with the multi-coloured swirls is def etching aswell.

Could they be the marbled effect with out water.

What I mean is by adding a few dots of the different colours then swirling them together with a dotting tool or tooth pick. (hope I have explained it well enough lol) xx

Could they be the marbled effect with out water.

What I mean is by adding a few dots of the different colours then swirling them together with a dotting tool or tooth pick. (hope I have explained it well enough lol) xx

The maroon-ish/white one looks like it was done that way, but the rest look like water marbling. :)

Thank you for the hints.

Me and my kids (5yrs and 7yrs) have just had a go.......and they look fab. I'm slightly concerned that the kids are better than mine though! haha :wink2:

Attachments

• 539240_451184978255475_477483239_n.jpg
    539240_451184978255475_477483239_n.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 154
I have done Marbling with Gelish and it looks fab and is really easy :biggrin:

When I do water marble I use normal polish. Do them nails first then when it's totally dry you can use top it off.

I wore it with no problems for 3 weeks and so have a lot of my clients.

Thank you Snuggles. That sounds like a good idea.

Latest posts

Back