LOVING this PHAB new concept!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PHAB sounds like a wonderful regulatory opportunity for our industry. Will there be a marketing campaign in the UK to make consumers aware of the standard?

It would be fab if there was something to give recognition to good salons/therapists/nail technicians.

As soon as PHAB have a database of PHAB salons they will launch a consumer website and there will be a marketing campaign to make clients aware of it.

So apply now and be first on the list!

Nail designer with a twist;)

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as PHAB have a database of PHAB salons they will launch a consumer website and there will be a marketing campaign to make clients aware of it.

So apply now and be first on the list!

Thanks Nataliya x:hug:

Geeks who applied, anyone heard back yet? X

Geeks who applied, anyone heard back yet? X

I did the initial form and was told I could apply for the Gold Standard. I just need to get the client references. However, I had some queries first because I run a salon on my own and wanted to know how/if I would be listed on the consumer site when it goes live. The response was as follows:

"As far as an entry in the salon category goes, you will need a minimum of 2 productive staff...so you will not qualify as yet, so you will not be able to appear in the salon listings when they go live....however soon we will have a category of independent/mobile salon professionals (because of high demand) and that is when you could apply and we will then (on the consumer site) be able to have an area where independent salon professionals can be listed"

Since membership will be on an annual basis, I think I will wait until the various consumer website pages are up and running. (I know the timescales for the consumer website will be adjusted for salons, but I don't know about individuals).

I am not being negative, but until then, there is no business benefit for me and I need to be sure of what I spend my money on these day.

I don't understand why you have to have "2 productive staff", the dictionary definition of "Salon" is

1. An establishment where a hairdresser, beautician, or couturier conducts business
Rules are rules, but it makes it less attractive to me if I am already put in what feels like a second class category. I wonder what percentage of the industry is a one man band like me? I bet its pretty high.

I'd love the trophy, but £225 :eek:

I understand that PHAB are in a chicken and egg situation - they can't go live with the consumer website until they have enough funds from membership - but a live website would encourage more members because we can see what we are getting and we don't want to be missing from the list.

Don't shoot me JMHO :hug:

I did the initial form and was told I could apply for the Gold Standard. I just need to get the client references. However, I had some queries first because I run a salon on my own and wanted to know how/if I would be listed on the consumer site when it goes live. The response was as follows:

"As far as an entry in the salon category goes, you will need a minimum of 2 productive staff...so you will not qualify as yet, so you will not be able to appear in the salon listings when they go live....however soon we will have a category of independent/mobile salon professionals (because of high demand) and that is when you could apply and we will then (on the consumer site) be able to have an area where independent salon professionals can be listed"

Since membership will be on an annual basis, I think I will wait until the various consumer website pages are up and running. (I know the timescales for the consumer website will be adjusted for salons, but I don't know about individuals).

I am not being negative, but until then, there is no business benefit for me and I need to be sure of what I spend my money on these day.

I don't understand why you have to have "2 productive staff", the dictionary definition of "Salon" is
  1. An establishment where a hairdresser, beautician, or couturier conducts business
Rules are rules, but it makes it less attractive to me if I am already put in what feels like a second class category. I wonder what percentage of the industry is a one man band like me? I bet its pretty high.

I'd love the trophy, but £225 :eek:

I understand that PHAB are in a chicken and egg situation - they can't go live with the consumer website until they have enough funds from membership - but a live website would encourage more members because we can see what we are getting and we don't want to be missing from the list.

Don't shoot me JMHO :hug:

I'm in the same boat - a successful one man band. I too would want to be listed on the consumer site otherwise I would feel as you say 2nd class in the Gold category. Nothing but Gold and a listing on the consumer site would benefit me. I would love to support PHAB but I already have a full diary and would only join up for the acknowledgement I think would properly reflects my skills, effort and commitment to the beauty industry.

I am afraid I will have to be patient too.

I got this a day before I qualified as CND Shellac Education Ambassador!

I feel Phabulous and very proud.

My clients have a piece of mind, guarantee of pristine services, excellent customer care, best award winning products!

I totally advise anyone to invest £99 for this application.

Let's advance the state of the industry together and bring disappointed clientele back to the salon, together we will show them that nails can look healthy and attractive.

Thanks everyone who helped and guided me through this exceptional journey to success!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1305413274.046345.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1305413274.046345.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 33
Some time or other, dear friends, we good nail technicians have to stop being apathetic, stop being negative and get behind something that will eventually lead to recognition. No good being late to the party. This is the first thing that I think could really have an impact. Don't sit on the fence.

For 27 years I have been waiting for something like this to come along .. and with Samantha to help and guide PHAB on the nail technician side of things and the standards required, she will help to make it work because she is on your side.

Too many people see all the negatives without looking at the long term big picture. Go for it and do not hesitate. We will grow with it as it evolves.

Agreed. I like this! I'm going to research it here in the U.S.

Latest posts

Back