Lower back pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
Hi

I have noticed lately that I am getting lower back pain! I'm not sure if its beauty related but I would do a lot of back massages and nail extensions and I no my posture isn't great during these treatments!

Just wondering if anyone has ended up with back pain because of your beauty job and what have you done that helps it? When I put heat against it it helps so I may need to invest in one of those heated back braces but I don't want my back getting any worse as I'm only 23

When you are working you need to make sure your posture is right. This can take quite a while but sit or stand as you were taught to on your course. Make a conscious effort to do this and after a short time it will be second nature to you and this will help you.

It may also be the chair you are sitting on while doing nails. Do you have a proper chair at the right height or are you using just any old thing?

I have lower back pain, aggravated with certain treatments done it the wrong postion or straining too much, I get it from walking for a long time in flat or flatish shoes too for some reason needed physio last year :cry: it worked thou :) Found while doing waxing to bend the legs and kinda lean into the postion and not hunching when doing nails xx

Hi

I have noticed lately that I am getting lower back pain! I'm not sure if its beauty related but I would do a lot of back massages and nail extensions and I no my posture isn't great during these treatments!

I think you've answered your own question there. It's very easy to get into bad habits with posture. You have to make a real conscious effort to make sure you're standing and sitting correctly. Also you may find it helpful to strengthen your abdominal core muscles - this will help to support your lower back. Have a look at this Best Core Exercises - Ask Personal Trainers - FREE Exercise Videos Best Fitness Information & Advice

The important thing is to deal with it now before you end up in chronic pain.

Latest posts

Back