Loyalty cards - what offer do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieBeautique

Reaction score
Hi

I have been wanting to get some loyalty cards made as things seem to have gone a little quiet over the past few months. I'm just not sure what offer to use. Don't want to do myself out of too much money but again want it to seem a good deal for the client.

Can anyone share what loyalty offer they use please? xx

I have them on the back of my business cards - have 9 treatments get 10th of your choice half price x

I have 6 hearts on my cards and after the 5th is initialled they get half price on 6th. I like this as 6 seems achievable to a client and even if they had my cheapest service 5 times id have made over £100 from their custom so would be happy to knock £10-£30(min-max) off their 6th treatment then they start again! Xxx

I have 6 hearts on my cards and after the 5th is initialled they get half price on 6th. I like this as 6 seems achievable to a client and even if they had my cheapest service 5 times id have made over £100 from their custom so would be happy to knock £10-£30(min-max) off their 6th treatment then they start again! Xxx

I offer smaller services than this so most people book in for 2 treatments at a time anyway. I would not recommend giving a treatment for free though, especially if you're freelance as you need to cover your costs as a minimum. Also mine are butterflies haha :) x

Ive just started a loyalty scheme. It works by every time a client comes in for a treatment, i write down on there record card how much they have spent, when they reach £100 spent, they will then recieve £5 back. They can then redeem the £5 or keep saving it until they have enough for a treatment. I think this will work better than giving clients a free treatment after a few visits, otherwise i could be spending a day doing free treatments! Its gotta be worth your while, so the more money they spend with you the more rewards they get. Also writing on their record cards saves you spending on loyalty cards, and some clients are bound to forget to bring them in, so you can keep a record how much they have spent yourself.. I do have T&C thats they cant use money off in December, nor can it be used to buy retail products.

Hope this helps

I have cards from vistaprint with 10 boxes on the back. For every multiple of £10 that they spend they get a stamp (e.g.if they spend £10 - £19 they get 1 stamp & so on). Once they have 10 stamps they get £10 off treatments (no change given).

Works very well for me, simple concept & clients like the fact that they are getting something.

x

Spend £25 for more on a visit and after 9 stamps receive £25 pounds of a treatment X

Ive just started a loyalty scheme. It works by every time a client comes in for a treatment, i write down on there record card how much they have spent, when they reach £100 spent, they will then recieve £5 back. They can then redeem the £5 or keep saving it until they have enough for a treatment. I think this will work better than giving clients a free treatment after a few visits, otherwise i could be spending a day doing free treatments! Its gotta be worth your while, so the more money they spend with you the more rewards they get. Also writing on their record cards saves you spending on loyalty cards, and some clients are bound to forget to bring them in, so you can keep a record how much they have spent yourself.. I do have T&C thats they cant use money off in December, nor can it be used to buy retail products.

Hope this helps

I really like the sound of that loyalty scheme!

My cards say..

To thank you for your loyalty.
Get this card stamped every time you have a treatment, when you have 6 stamps you will receive 25% off your next treatment.

I think this works well as it encourages low spenders to have a different, more expensive treatment.
You will only get £2.12 off an eyebrow wax but £11 off a luxury facial.
The eyebrow wax only client will have a facial or something to get more value from the card and be encouraged to try more things.
The monthly facial client will treat herself to a luxury facial to use her card.
I think it's win/win.

I do, collect 5 stamps and get 20% off your next treatment.

With nails I don't do loyalty cards as most of my customers are regulars so I would lose money doing a loyalty card when they are already loyal customers! Beginning to wonder if I'm tight now :-s xx

With nails I don't do loyalty cards as most of my customers are regulars so I would lose money doing a loyalty card when they are already loyal customers! Beginning to wonder if I'm tight now :-s xx

Don't try to fix something that ain't broken! ;) x

Hope this helps

What a great idea.:biggrin:

I use the Vistaprint.com loyalty cards. After their 5th full service they get their 6th service for free. Yes, there are times I do a number of freebies...BUT this is all tax deductible under promotions...I collect the completed card and goes into my tax box. Next year I may consider the 10 full services instead.

If they have 5 punches on their cards they have spent $175 dollars with me. I think they should be rewarded for keep coming back (Thank you Shellac!). They get a free service and I get the tax deduction.

I also have a referral reward. When my client recommends someone to me who books and HOLDS their appointment, my client gets a free appointment...each and everytime they do it. The NEW client may do the same. I tell them the only catch is they must refer someone who lives locally. They help me build my business and they get the reward...we both win!

Right now I'm doing a purse/handbag exchange. Bring a purse - take a purse...The purses not taken at the end of the month will be donated to the needy.

We've recently completed a diaper drive for the needy babies in the area. My clients did a GREAT job collecting disposable diapers. We collected over a 1,000 diapers in one month. When they brought in a bag of diapers and they got a discounted service. I got the much needed tax deduction.

Last month we did the same for teenage jammy bottoms. They brought in new jammy bottoms and received a discounted service. I was happy to make that delivery this week after a month of promotion. The non-profit organization I am working with were very grateful. The jammy bottoms will be distributed later at Christmas time.

My cards say..

To thank you for your loyalty.
Get this card stamped every time you have a treatment, when you have 6 stamps you will receive 25% off your next treatment.

I think this works well as it encourages low spenders to have a different, more expensive treatment.
You will only get £2.12 off an eyebrow wax but £11 off a luxury facial.
The eyebrow wax only client will have a facial or something to get more value from the card and be encouraged to try more things.
The monthly facial client will treat herself to a luxury facial to use her card.
I think it's win/win.

I think this is a good idea aswell.maybe you guys could help

i do the same offers all the time i.e book 4 full body massage and get 5 free so how would you suggest i do rewards?

These people already get a freebie and they come weeky and my non sugical facial and microderma facials get pay for 3 get 4th half price.

So not sure how to reward as they get this anyway...but i think they get used to it so dont realise they are getting rewarded if that makes since.

But i would be grateful for any advice... Its so good to bounce ideas xx

Sent from my GT-I5510 using SalonGeek

I use the Vistaprint.com loyalty cards. After their 5th full service they get their 6th service for free. Yes, there are times I do a number of freebies...BUT this is all tax deductible under promotions...I collect the completed card and goes into my tax box. Next year I may consider the 10 full services instead.

If they have 5 punches on their cards they have spent $175 dollars with me. I think they should be rewarded for keep coming back (Thank you Shellac!). They get a free service and I get the tax deduction.

I also have a referral reward. When my client recommends someone to me who books and HOLDS their appointment, my client gets a free appointment...each and everytime they do it. The NEW client may do the same. I tell them the only catch is they must refer someone who lives locally. They help me build my business and they get the reward...we both win!

Right now I'm doing a purse/handbag exchange. Bring a purse - take a purse...The purses not taken at the end of the month will be donated to the needy.

We've recently completed a diaper drive for the needy babies in the area. My clients did a GREAT job collecting disposable diapers. We collected over a 1,000 diapers in one month. When they brought in a bag of diapers and they got a discounted service. I got the much needed tax deduction.

Last month we did the same for teenage jammy bottoms. They brought in new jammy bottoms and received a discounted service. I was happy to make that delivery this week after a month of promotion. The non-profit organization I am working with were very grateful. The jammy bottoms will be distributed later at Christmas time.

Wow excellent idea i am just in the middle of arranging a beauty fashion day

which is a few buisnesses coming to my place doing demos promos etc and we are doing bits for breast cancer so it would be good to come up with an idea like yours for that... I must get the thinking cap on and the lauch it on the day..

Any ideas girls????

Sent from my GT-I5510 using SalonGeek

Sorry am no help, I don't agree with loyalty cards ..........
Clients should be loyal because of your service, not because you get every (X) service free ...... get them addicted to you and your professionalism, yes it is a competitive world, but if you are better than others, then in fact there is no competition for you, they should never leave you ... and if they do they should realise you are better, but if they find someone else that is better, then indeed, that other person is better .......
So, it's all about skills (with a dash of personality) ..... not discounts, if it is about discounts, then discount to get them in the door ....... then it's about quality.
Think of what you do as a business (then think about replacing every discount client with a full paying client), I never discount (well I have), but then all I get is cheap clients, when in fact I want quality clients.

Sorry am no help, I don't agree with loyalty cards ..........
Clients should be loyal because of your service, not because you get every (X) service free ...... get them addicted to you and your professionalism, yes it is a competitive world, but if you are better than others, then in fact there is no competition for you, they should never leave you ... and if they do they should realise you are better, but if they find someone else that is better, then indeed, that other person is better .......
So, it's all about skills (with a dash of personality) ..... not discounts, if it is about discounts, then discount to get them in the door ....... then it's about quality.
Think of what you do as a business (then think about replacing every discount client with a full paying client), I never discount (well I have), but then all I get is cheap clients, when in fact I want quality clients.

Amen to this post...It seems everyone is so eager to give discounts..I give none .. If you want my work you pay full price :biggrin:

I don't offer loyalty discounts either, I do go out of my way to accomodate regular clients though.

I do offer a "no claims bonus" though. They get a star for each appointment they have no breakages, 5 stars = bottle of nurture oil. It really does work in getting clients to look after their nails and not push time between appointments to the limit.

Latest posts

Back