Loyalty cards - what offer do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry am no help, I don't agree with loyalty cards ..........
Clients should be loyal because of your service, not because you get every (X) service free ...... get them addicted to you and your professionalism, yes it is a competitive world, but if you are better than others, then in fact there is no competition for you, they should never leave you ... and if they do they should realise you are better, but if they find someone else that is better, then indeed, that other person is better .......
So, it's all about skills (with a dash of personality) ..... not discounts, if it is about discounts, then discount to get them in the door ....... then it's about quality.
Think of what you do as a business (then think about replacing every discount client with a full paying client), I never discount (well I have), but then all I get is cheap clients, when in fact I want quality clients.

I agree with not discounting, you can end up getting the wrong type of clientele if you do but, I do think it is nice to give your loyal clients something back as a way of thanks for their support to you be it in another way..

I don't offer loyalty discounts either, I do go out of my way to accomodate regular clients though.

I do offer a "no claims bonus" though. They get a star for each appointment they have no breakages, 5 stars = bottle of nurture oil. It really does work in getting clients to look after their nails and not push time between appointments to the limit.

Brilliant idea

Sorry am no help, I don't agree with loyalty cards ..........
Clients should be loyal because of your service, not because you get every (X) service free ...... get them addicted to you and your professionalism, yes it is a competitive world, but if you are better than others, then in fact there is no competition for you, they should never leave you ... and if they do they should realise you are better, but if they find someone else that is better, then indeed, that other person is better .......
So, it's all about skills (with a dash of personality) ..... not discounts, if it is about discounts, then discount to get them in the door ....... then it's about quality.
Think of what you do as a business (then think about replacing every discount client with a full paying client), I never discount (well I have), but then all I get is cheap clients, when in fact I want quality clients.

I do totally agree with what you are saying here that clients should be loyal due to service and about the c*** clients that you get from discount but I don't consider loyalty cards much if a discount ( well not how I run them anyway), I see them as more of an incentive.

For example, I started my business only 5 years ago. Many of my clients came to me for Facials but still went to their previous salon for other treatments out of loyalty. But since I started my loyalty cards many have now switched to me for their other treatments too. So it has worked in my favour, I just control it so that I'm not giving too much away.

The no claims idea sounds great! X

My Loyalty scheme is called " Beauty Bonds" . For every pound spent the customer receives a bond and when they have 100 bonds they receive a £10 off voucher which i now think is a bit steep but will go with it for a while and see how it goes.

I havent been in business very long so im trying to entice more clients.

I like the loyalty schemes, i know that im more likely to use a shop that does them rather than one that doesnt.

Offering a loyalty scheme is different to offering a discount. Loyalty scheme is a reward for being a good client, whereas a discount would be something for nothing.

I'm introducing a loyalty scheme from dec. 1 stamp per £10 spent, 10 stamps =£5 voucher. Its not so much that I lose out, but it's enough for the client to appreciate.

With me for every £25 spent you receive a stamp (so £50 treatment = 2 stamps). A full card of 10 stamps = £25 off you next treatment. So in effect 10% off.

I am also about to do a new Referral offer to. On the reverse of a business card there will be a "20% Off Your First Treatment with this card" offer, then near the bottom of the card it will say "Compliments of " and my client can complete their name. For every referral that spends £25 or more the existing client will get a £5 credit on their record.

Mat

...Oohhhh, they will get a stamp for referrals too. Forgot to mention that.
I had referral cards, but I just cba with too many things anymore. So I'm trying to simplify things!

Offering a loyalty scheme is different to offering a discount. Loyalty scheme is a reward for being a good client, whereas a discount would be something for nothing.

Here here.
It called a 'LOYALTY CARD' not a 'discount card'.
You are rewarding your REGULAR customers for their loyalty and commitment to you as without them we wouldnt make any money.
I agree that clients should stay with us for our service, quality of workmanship and professionalism, but by saying thank you in terms of a little saving for them, they also stay with you for your understading that money doesnt grow on trees.
I have decided to start a loyalty scheme after 4 years and will give to my regular clients as a thank you for their LOYALTY to me. They wont expect it and it wont make any difference to them, but they will see that I appreciate their ongoing custom.

What you all use for stamps? I tried to look for little butterfly stamps but couldn't find them anywhere.

I do a loyalty scheme at the moment where if you have four spray tans, you get the 5th one free. I haven't gained any new clients though but am rewarding existing clients. I am going to change it to buy 9 get 10th free as I think by current offer is too generous. I'm mobile as well so some evenings, if I do my regular tanning party I can end up working for free! Not what I want!

I have cards from vistaprint with 10 boxes on the back. For every multiple of £10 that they spend they get a stamp (e.g.if they spend £10 - £19 they get 1 stamp & so on). Once they have 10 stamps they get £10 off treatments (no change given).

Works very well for me, simple concept & clients like the fact that they are getting something.

x

I really like this idea. Was thinking of giving loyalty cards out inside Christmas gift bags to my regulars. And maybe keeping it up if it ends up working in my favor. I have lots of regulars but some will fall off every now and then... Especially my pedi clients in the winter. Maybe this will encourage people to get Pedis so I don't have to work so hard when they slack off lol

Latest posts

Back