Loyalty scheme help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie_pie

Reaction score
Right I'll give a little background so you can help me decide, I only trained in manicure, gel and acrylic extensions earlier this year and recently just done a shellac conversion course, I'm mobile but really really quiet, the majority of my customers are one offs for weddings etc so they very rarely come back unless they have another special occasion, I want to introduce a offer to bring them in but can't decide if a loyalty card of a percentage off maybe the 3rd or 6th treatment, or 10th treatment free? Or if I should go for the refer a friend and get a percentage off their next treatment, which worked well for you? Xx

From a professional point of view they sound great and I'm sure they must work for a lot of people as there are a lot of threads on here about them. From a consumer point of view I hate loyalty cards, everyone is on the band wagon and everywhere wants you to have one most shops, petrol stations, hairdressers. I've got cards coming out of my ears and I don't like them but feel I have to accept them. It also doesn't keep me loyal lol. Personally ild go with refer a friend and have plenty of pictures of your work available online for people to be able to look at and judge your work. Maybe spend the money on flyers specially designed for Christmas business then keep your records up to date of clients personal details so you can contact them with future promotions? X

Although not everyone likes to have extra cards to fill their purse I think most salons find them useful and most people like to have them, to know their custom is appreciated and rewarded. I would say think about any reward long and hard before you decide though, make sure it's an amount you can truly afford but also it has to be of real value and worth it for the client too.

I'm also new and building my client base.

I've personally found 'recommend a friend and both receive 10% off your next treatment' a great marketing scheme.

I tell everyone at their appointment and also have it on the bottom of my business cards x

Thank you, I think I'll go for the refer a friend and get 15% off your next treatment and see how it goes. I already have business cards but think I'll print off some little leaflets advertising the offer and staple them to the business cards and do some door to door drops x

Good plan! ;) xx

I've also pondered about this ! I had loyalty cards for my spray tans before .. They came with the kit haha! And it was buy 6 get 7th free.. It never worked! Only one client benefitted and she had actually forgot all about it and was booking in anyway!

I'm considering the refer a friend scheme but how would you work it? Would they book in and once they receive the treatment they get % off that treatment and the original friend the next treatment ? X

Yes, I give the new customer 10% off their first treatment.

Then I make a note on the persons card who referred them so I remember to give them the discount when they next come in x

Latest posts

Back