Lumigan for eyelash growth/eyebrow growth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Hi guys a few people have said to
me that there are loads of their clients who have problems with sparse eyelashes from years of inserts and flash lashes and glue etc.

Also sparse brows from over plucking. Has anyone got experience of this?

I'm looking to see the size of the problem as a few if you have suggested a Lumigan clinic or session in existing clinics to prescribe this for clients?

I'm not a supplier if the product but have used it on a growing base of clients who have has great results so far.
Not sure if it would be worth going ahead with this sort if business model or not?!

Any thoughts?

Do you have a lot if clients who are worried about lash loss or sparse brows?

Sparse brows and lashes are a massive problem for women and I'm sure that many of them would go for this treatment. It would all come down to cost and how often they had to pay out………..and they would want to see before and after photo's before they booked. Not just of young girls but women from 50 upwards.

I had a client recently in her 60's who'd been using something that made them grow back and she was thrilled. Only trouble was that yes, they'd grown back but not in the main part of the brow, but lots below, so they had to be removed anyway.

It's not all about over plucking; it's a hormonal thing and you'll often see women from 40 upwards that have lost the last third of their brows.

Tell us a bit more of how it works. How many treatments and how much would they expect to pay per treatment? How long until they start growing back?

If you can crack this Adam; you'll be on a winner. x

I was going to take part in trials for this product at
Southampton hospital until I read that it can change the colour of your eyes to brown.

Patients receiving treatment for Glaucoma realised that their lashes were growing as a side effect.

The generic product costs pennies but once Allergan got their hands on it and marketed it for the express purpose of lash growth it costs £95.00.

Ok, let me stop here .. I am talking about LATISSE and you are talking about LUMIGAN. Sorry lovely.

Having written this, and as it is related to your thread, I am going to post it anyway :wink2:

xxx

Southampton hospital until I read that it can change the colour of your eyes to brown.
That's the reason that I didn't try it on my lashes. I quite like my eyes being blue. x

Patients receiving treatment for Glaucoma realised that their lashes were growing as a side effect.

The generic product costs pennies but once Allergan got their hands on it and marketed it for the express purpose of lash growth it costs £95.00.

Ok, let me stop here .. I am talking about LATISSE and you are talking about LUMIGAN. Sorry lovely.

Having written this, and as it is related to your thread, I am going to post it anyway :wink2:

xxx

Hi,

Yes the product is almost the same as latisse, it's the branding that is different.

Ok, the side effects of a change in eye colour when used as a treatment for glaucoma are true. It's a potential and relatively common effect.

When used for eyelash or eyebrow growth the risks are less. I supply extra thin brushes when I prescribe Lumigan so that it can be put on with precision,

The idea is to dampen the brush and put on the top lash only in tiny amounts so none of it runs anywhere. That way the risks of it getting in the eye are greatly reduced.

You're figure of £95 is a bit far off actually! There are two 'bigger' companies and many 'high end' salons doing it for£200 plus!

We charge £80 per treatment and it has been popular due to the results people get. Around 86% get the results of 25% longer and 106% thicker lashes.

However, the price does not just include a quick 'markup' on the actual cost of the medicine. As with all medical aesthetics the insurance, the consent process, the consultation as well as the prescribing process including delivery and fees goes into how the final cost is calculated. Not looking for sympathy as this is business but we make little margin on it, it's an 'add on' to treatment plans.

And yes Kim we do want more older women to see the benefits as a lot of our clients are young girls wanting killer lashes for the weekend!

Ps we'll be doing a eyebrow photo diary soon with a client who is having great results.

So it seems there are a lot of maybe older clients with lash/brow problems!

I forgot to add that the £80 works out as around £40 per month maintenance, which compared to the inserts, false lashes and maintenance on false lashes probably more than breaks even for some women x

I actually looked in this last year. As lashes are my main business I am always extremely interested in anything that I can market to my clients to promote lash or brow growth.

However, I got slightly freaked out at the thought of something that has a side effect that can actually change the colour of the iris. My understanding is that this effect is irreversible.

I asked my clients their thoughts on this (bearing in mind that they already invest huge amounts of money in trying to get the look of longer lashes). The feedback as to whether or not they would be prepared to use this product was a resounding "NO" as there were too many uncertainties surrounding both the side effects and results.

I actually looked in this last year. As lashes are my main business I am always extremely interested in anything that I can market to my clients to promote lash or brow growth.

However, I got slightly freaked out at the thought of something that has a side effect that can actually change the colour of the iris. My understanding is that this effect is irreversible.

I asked my clients their thoughts on this (bearing in mind that they already invest huge amounts of money in trying to get the look of longer lashes). The feedback as to whether or not they would be prepared to use this product was a resounding "NO" as there were too many uncertainties surrounding both the side effects and results.

There needs to be a proper discussion if side effects as the main published ones relate to Lumigan as an eye drop not a topical application...

Latest posts

Back