Luxury Ped/Man verses Paraffin wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry33

Reaction score
Which do you do Luxury Manicures and Pedicures that include exfoliation, masks, heated mitts or booties. Or Paraffin wax Manicures and Pedicures?

Im a part time mobile therapist and i have found that my manicures and pedicures are very popular. As I only work part time and set up about 6 months ago i thought i would just start out offering manicure,french manicure,pedicure and french pedicure.But now i want to expand on this and cant decide on which to opt for.

Do you think it would be easier as a mobile therapist to offer the luxury man/ped rather than go for the messier option of paraffin wax?

as i work from my home salon my clientelle much prefer the luxury manicures & pedicures ,exfoliation\thai mani ect ..as opposed to paraffin wax treatments ,there is only a few of my clients that have arthritis or joint stiffness(once refered from g.p) like the paraffin wax treatments .most clients and friends of mine adore the luxury range.

I think offering luxury mani's and pedi's would be better for you because you will need to heat the paraffin wax up and be careful when getting it back home again because it will be melted and could tip over in your car.

I used to do paraffin wax mani's/pedi's in a salon I used to work in and I found clients felt unsure about the heat that the paraffin wax had to be at so it could melt. I now have my own business and offer luxury mani's/pedi's because I think they are just as nourishing and still soothing for joints because of the heated mittens/booties!

Something I have learnt is to use either mitten/booties liners or some plastic body sheets cut up as opposed to cling film because the cling film sticks to everything and its hard to get the hands/feet into the mittens/booties!

I hope that's helped you and I haven't just waffled on! xx

Latest posts

Back