LVL lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take some money with you cause there is a few bits that they suggest you buy that aren't in the kit. I.e plastic trays that you can set all your stuff out in an a few other bits. I spent a fortune whilst I was there lol xx

Take some money with you cause there is a few bits that they suggest you buy that aren't in the kit. I.e plastic trays that you can set all your stuff out in an a few other bits. I spent a fortune whilst I was there lol xx

Oh no!! Lol
For the price of the kit you should get absolutely everything shouldn't you x
I think i know what tray you mean x
The demonstrator at PB was using one xx
Thanks for the heads up x

I know what you mean! You only get blue/black tint so if you want any other colours..... They use micro brushes but you need them....... The plastic trays....... If I think of anything else ill let ya know xx

I know what you mean! You only get blue/black tint so if you want any other colours..... They use micro brushes but you need them....... The plastic trays....... If I think of anything else ill let ya know xx

Ok thanks! X
Dont you get the micro brushes in the kit? :o xx shocking i think x

Ok thanks! X
Dont you get the micro brushes in the kit? :o xx shocking i think x

You do get 30 micro brushes. You don't get tint though but you can buy this anywhere. I use Refectocil and I only ever use black. Blue/black can leave a purple tinge so I never use it after lvl. Also, you rally don't need the trays. I've done LVL for about 3 years and I've never had the need for a tray :)

You do get 30 micro brushes. You don't get tint though but you can buy this anywhere. I use Refectocil and I only ever use black. Blue/black can leave a purple tinge so I never use it after lvl. Also, you rally don't need the trays. I've done LVL for about 3 years and I've never had the need for a tray :)

Wow 3 years xx i thought it was fairly newish x well not new but u know what i mean x lol x
Ye i have tints anyway as this is one of my current treatments i offer x

We got the white plastic micro brushes that fit into the end of your LVL tool but they say get the long plastic ones as they are easier to use when removing product. You don't need the trays but I like them and keeps everything nice and tidy xx

Hi,

After reading all the posts on Salon Geek, I am responding to clear up a few concerns that you may have.

Tinting
In training we show you how you can tint the top set of lashes after you have placed the lifting balm on and then the volumizing Fix. You can then apply your tint. Like any procedure you are carrying out please be careful (I am sure you all are) when working around the eyes. You do not need to place a huge amount of tint over the lashes, just enough to cover them and then remove carefully. We do not cover lower lash tinting on training. You can, by all means, do this yourself IF you are qualified to do so and YOU should also check this with your insuring body.

Should you wish to tint and are qualified to tint the lower lashes and insured to do so we suggest it is best to do this after you have finished the LVL procedure and carry it out to your insurer’s specification.

Solutions
These should only be placed from the roots to a quarter of the way up the lashes please do not coat the whole lash in the solution.

Bonding
To prevent from drying out please keep stored in a cool dry place. In training we show you how to remove the white seal to get the bonding from the container easily, this needs to be replaced after use.

Product Manufacturing
Here at Nouveau HQ we aim to bring you the best products on the market with some of the ultimate training available. Our products are not just shipped in from any country with little to no respect of what we use. We actually have them made here in the UK with personal trials and testing and what you won’t be aware of is the constant trialling of formulas. We want to bring you the best we can and constantly strive to improve on what we already have.

Please remember you have your manuals and they state clearly what you can and can’t do. We are also at the end of the telephone and more than happy to help (0844 8016835). Please try not to confuse each other – call us instead. It is a pleasure to help any time you need it. As a company, we like to we are one big family and once you are trained with us we are always here for you whether you trained 2 years ago or last week!

I hope this clarifies a few issues for you all, and please call us if you should have any further problems.

Kind regards
Steve Douch
Make-up artist and Lash Trainer for Nouveau Lashes Ltd

Hiya, could someone explain why the solution should be only applied from the root to a quater of the way up? I've not trained with LVL, I did Salon Systems course and have done lots of lifts with great results - covering the whole lash with solution. I just wondred why the other method is done and if it works better/different? Always interested when it comes to lash lifts I just love them!

Hiya, could someone explain why the solution should be only applied from the root to a quater of the way up? I've not trained with LVL, I did Salon Systems course and have done lots of lifts with great results - covering the whole lash with solution. I just wondred why the other method is done and if it works better/different? Always interested when it comes to lash lifts I just love them!

Because the ends of the lashes are older hairs so more prone to over processing the lashes if you were to do the full lash. Plus we don't need to lift the tip of the lashes, only the roots for the lift. By just lifting the root area will lift the entire lash x

I only did my LVL training just yesterday and I am confused about patch testing.
During the class we were told we only had to patch test once on new clients then every year on regular LVL clients or 6 months if unregular LVL clients. In my training manual it say on EVERY client EVERY LVL appointment so I called head office to find out and they said every time if they aren't coming between every 6-8 weeks but if the are then only need to patch test the once. What is everybody else doing?
Also it says in the manual to patch test for the adhesive bond. Really? We wasn't told this on class and I didn't receive bond in my pre course patch test kit. thought the bond was designed for the skin and harmless!
Where do you buy Colourstart patch kits from or do you just mix up the tint fit patch testing?
I'm hearing too much different information it has confused the hell out of me. Patch testing for LVL seems like a right pain in the backside to me!

Thanks Karen Minx

That makes sense. Im going to try that method. x

Hi Karen minx I don't patch test bonding. I do 1,2 and tint. The sachets will last 2 wks purely for patch test. I just dot a bit of each product and leave for 24 hrs. I a client is only having the treatment a couple of times in a year personally I would test each treatment. If they are regular I would do perhaps every couple of treatments to be on the safe side. Hope this helps? I did my training 3 wk ago, have you many treatments booked in?

You can buy colour start patch tests from Ellisons or salon direct xx

My understanding of patch testing is every product used in the treatment, so this includes glue....make a note of what side you patch-test what (behind ear) then you know what element of the treatment the client has reacted to.

I run an ongoing treatment patch-test system on my consultations meaning I patch test all new clients. If regular each subsequent treatment fulfils the requirement to patch-test again...get them to sign and date at end of treatment as a negative patch test and in 8 weeks they are back again. If it has been more than 4 months since your last recorded treatment re-patch-test. Saves a lot of hassle and you have supporting paperwork for regular patch-testing

I do this with all my patch test requiring treatments

hth x

Hi Karen minx I don't patch test bonding. I do 1,2 and tint. The sachets will last 2 wks purely for patch test. I just dot a bit of each product and leave for 24 hrs. I a client is only having the treatment a couple of times in a year personally I would test each treatment. If they are regular I would do perhaps every couple of treatments to be on the safe side. Hope this helps? I did my training 3 wk ago, have you many treatments booked in?

Thank you hun. Do you not patch test number 3 the moisturising serum? I didn't bother with this one before my class has they didn't provide a plaster and I was a bit confused with so many patch tests I just did the main 2 balm and fix which unfortunately I did react to so I'm unable to have the treatment myself. I guessed the number 3 is the same stuff they retail?

I haven't got any treatments booked in has I'm fully booked for a few weeks with nails already and I need to find the time to do my 6 practice sets! How many practice sets did you do before advertising and charging full and did you charge for practice sets?

I went straight in advertising. Got told not to do special offers as people then don't want to pay full price. I did all my staff and family and have another 4 booked in but not really pushed it yet. I love doing them!! I don't patch test 3 and was told no need to? But suppose no harm in doing so. Was told to charge no less than £50 but I charge £45 and going to recommend they buy the serum, to make a bit extra. I think I'm going to stock their mascara too I got some on day of training and it's fantastic. Where did you train?

I didn't charge staff and family I did 4 sets but only used 2 sachets of each then patch tested clients who were interested in the treatment with product I had left just in case they decide they want it doing in the near future that way your not wasting product.

I didn't charge staff and family I did 4 sets but only used 2 sachets of each then patch tested clients who were interested in the treatment with product I had left just in case they decide they want it doing in the near future that way your not wasting product.

Can you do that I thought it had to be done 48/24 hours before? There was a lady on the training class who said they patch test most clients when they come into he salon incase they want tinting in the future and she wasn't corrected or told differently by the tutor. It seemed the tutor was quite laid back regarding patch testing yet the manual is hot on doing it every time!
I trained at Milton Keynes Hun thankyou for your help. Will have to try and line my models up close together so I'm not wasting sachets!

I trained at Leigh and our tutor said to us just go back and patch test everybody then they are done? I think 24/48 hrs is a minimum of before they can have the treatment? I would start advertising then own a sachet and ask every client if they want testing just in case they decide they want it doing. Once you have done a few it's a really easy good earning treatment to do, I love them xx

Own?? * open a sachet xx

Latest posts

Back