LVL lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do this too. I apply the paper shields under the bottom lashes as normal just to protect the skin and I use my tinting brush to brush the lower lashes upwards onto the shields.

How do you separate the upper and lower lashes once tinted? Do u just remove excess tint and then pull down the lower lid to separate lower lashes from the shield? x

How do you separate the upper and lower lashes once tinted? Do u just remove excess tint and then pull down the lower lid to separate lower lashes from the shield? x

Can anyone advise? X

Once iv done my LvL I use a little brush to apply tint to the bottom lashes a little like applying mascara, I give clients a tissue and tell them to rub it off once they are home. This is what I was told to do at training xxx

Can anyone advise? X

I just wipe the tint off with cotton wool until the lashes are clear then remove the sheilds and all then the lashes are usually seperate. Its only the tint holding the bottom lashes up so once removed the lashes naturally fall back if the don't the will when the client opens her/his eyes xxx

Can you not just reposition the gel pads at the bottom once the lashes are lifted to release them and tint the bottom lashes onto the gel pad? x

Can you not just reposition the gel pads at the bottom once the lashes are lifted to release them and tint the bottom lashes onto the gel pad? x

You could try it and see if it works i always find it easier to tint from underneath the bottom lashes rather than the top but it's just personal preference i suppose xxx

Once iv done my LvL I use a little brush to apply tint to the bottom lashes a little like applying mascara, I give clients a tissue and tell them to rub it off once they are home. This is what I was told to do at training xxx

Seriously??!! Who did you train with? For anyone else reading this, never ever let your clients leave the salon with any tint on their lashes. All tint needs to be removed thoroughly.

You could try it and see if it works i always find it easier to tint from underneath the bottom lashes rather than the top but it's just personal preference i suppose xxx

I will report back once I have got my silicone pads to do lash lifting :)

I only do perming at the moment but want to try it out so seeing if just getting the shields will be ok (have asked the manufacturer) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Seriously??!! Who did you train with? For anyone else reading this, never ever let your clients leave the salon with any tint on their lashes. All tint needs to be removed thoroughly.

No need to be so rude! I am a professional So pipe down. I trained with Sarah maden at the creative academy in Manchester. People put mascara on more than I put tint on the bottom lashes, iv never had any problems either thank you :)

No need to be so rude! I am a professional So pipe down. I trained with Sarah maden at the creative academy in Manchester. People put mascara on more than I put tint on the bottom lashes, iv never had any problems either thank you :)

You can't really compare mascara to a tint.

I wasn't being rude, I was being shocked!
I just can't believe that a trainer would tell people to do that. For a start, you would not be insured should any of that tint get into a clients eye.
I'm not blaming you as this is what you were told to do. I will be ringing Nouveau today to make sure that this is not what they are telling people to do because it is highly irresponsible.

I was taught this way too. I'm mobile so I tint the bottom lashes, pack up my kit(s) and tidy up, wash my hands etc. then I remove tint just before I leave. I must admit I didn't like the sound of leaving a client to fend for herself with tint still on. As the only tint training I have is through the LVL training I didn't see any problem with what we were taught. It just seemed wrong somehow when putting it into practice on clients xx

I was taught this way too. I'm mobile so I tint the bottom lashes, pack up my kit(s) and tidy up, wash my hands etc. then I remove tint just before I leave. I must admit I didn't like the sound of leaving a client to fend for herself with tint still on. As the only tint training I have is through the LVL training I didn't see any problem with what we were taught. It just seemed wrong somehow when putting it into practice on clients xx

I wouldn't do it for fear of invalidating your insurance. Can you imagine if some cranky client decided they wanted to take the p*ss, I couldn't imagine you'd have a leg to stand on if they said you left them to take off their own lash tint.

I rang nouveau this morning and I spoke to one of the LVL trainers. She said that they definitely do not teach anyone to leave tint on and get the client to remove it. They may very well reply themselves in here now that they are aware of the situation but for anyone who was told to do this, they should ring nouveau and tell them who their trainer was as they shouldn't be telling their students this.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380715426.722879.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380715494.135782.jpgthis is how my clients leave my salon. I don't know if your all thinking I'm slapping it on like I'm painting a wall. I'm allergic to tint so I'm careful not to leave any on the clients skin I know myself it can cause irritation. I rub underneath with a cotton wool bud. Said trainer who taught me was using her mum as a model on the day I trained to whom she did what I did then handed her a tissue incase her eye water and to rub over her lashes on the day. This is what I do with all of my clients. As I was shown.

Hi everyone, I can assure you that as a company we - LVL Lashes - certainly do not advise, condone or teach our technicians to apply tint to the bottom lashes and then allow the client to remove this once they are home.

I have passed this on to our Training Management team and they will look in to the claims that have been made.

Thanks for giving us visibility of this, we will be reiterating the correct level of service and procedure to all our trainers & technicians.

Hi everyone, I can assure you that as a company we - LVL Lashes - certainly do not advise, condone or teach our technicians to apply tint to the bottom lashes and then allow the client to remove this once they are home.

I have passed this on to our Training Management team and they will look in to the claims that have been made.

Thanks for giving us visibility of this, we will be reiterating the correct level of service and procedure to all our trainers & technicians.

How would you tint bottom lashes then?

Firstly, you would need to make sure the beauty therapist is level 2 trained.

Tinting lower lashes isn't something we teach within our LVL Lashes training, however if you'd like to speak with one of our team we would be happy to discuss how you might tint the lower lashes. Call 0844 8016824.

what do you mean by you would need to be beauty level 2 trained?

do you mean that a lower lash tint is not included in a LVL treatment and as such is not covered by an lvl certificate + insurance?

I was also taught to carry out a lower lash tint as LaurenSparkles has described during my lvl course, but was instructed to remove the tint with micro brushes before the clients leaves.

Think I had better call my trainer to clarify as i do not have beauty insurance/qualifications except for lvl + hd brows. :Scared:

Hi, standard LVL Lashes training doesn't include lower lash tinting so therefore wouldn't be covered by our certificate. Do you want to DM me the details of where you trained and who your trainer was so we can look in to this with you?

Latest posts

Back