LVL lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just called the nouveau beauty group and spoken to a lovely lady that clarified as I am a level two qualified beauty therapist I am covered to tint the lashes as I have been doing.

She also said that anyone that does not have a prior tinting qualification will NOT be insured to tint the bottom lashes.

Thanks NBG xx

Great, glad you got clarification. If anyone has any questions at all - lash related - just DM and we're more than happy to help :)

I have just called the nouveau beauty group and spoken to a lovely lady that clarified as I am a level two qualified beauty therapist I am covered to tint the lashes as I have been doing.

She also said that anyone that does not have a prior tinting qualification will NOT be insured to tint the bottom lashes.

Thanks NBG xx

So to avoid confusion as NBG have just stated that they do not advise, teach or condone any technicians to LEAVE the tint on the lashes and allow the client to remove it at home, yet you have just said that you have rang up NBG and that you as a Level 2 therapist are covered to tint the lashes as you have been doing?

So which procedure is correct??

Even if you are trained level 2 nvq to tint lashes you should never leave the tint on for client to remove themselves. It takes minutes for tint to develop and remove, Angelina is quite right and doing this is just asking for trouble from a potential lawsuit.

Hi, standard LVL Lashes training doesn't include lower lash tinting so therefore wouldn't be covered by our certificate. Do you want to DM me the details of where you trained and who your trainer was so we can look in to this with you?

I have sent you a PM with the details of my training.

I think maybe there needs to be some sort of mailshot to LVL graduates of the affected training centres to clarify that the lower lash tint is NOT part of LVL for certification/ insurance purposes....as I know there will be others in the same situation as me. This is irregardless of whether it is done correctly!

I don't want to invalidate my whole insurance so I'm taking it out of my treatment.

Hi, PM'd you by return - thanks.

I have sent you a PM with the details of my training.

I think maybe there needs to be some sort of mailshot to LVL graduates of the affected training centres to clarify that the lower lash tint is NOT part of LVL for certification/ insurance purposes....as I know there will be others in the same situation as me. This is irregardless of whether it is done correctly!

I don't want to invalidate my whole insurance so I'm taking it out of my treatment.

I done my training a few weeks ago with Carey in London and we were very clearly told that lower lashes were not included in the training and we would need to do the eyelash tint course to be able to do it (unless you were already trained) :Love:

As it says the lady I spoke to I told her what I do and she says that I am ok to do as I was shown.

The tissue is predominantly used incase a clients eyes water, which they often do after being tinkled with after 30/40 mins. The majority of the tint is wiped off when I swipe beneath the bottom lashes however they can wipe the excess off with the tissue if necessary.

There's no point asking me 20 questions I am only practising what what preached. Ring NBG if you have an issue :)

LaurenSparkles is only going off what has been taught in professional training and talking directly to the distributors/trainers. Usually that would be the best place to get your information?!

Having said that, it would seem obvious to me that tint needs to be carefully + throughly removed by the therapist not the client... it almost goes without saying - which is why people are questioning, checking there is not some crossed wires ???

Although it is only a small amount and only on the lashes, there is still a risk it could be transfered to the skin or eye. Also by telling the client the tissue is to wipe excess tint then their will perceive they still have tint on their lashes.. just needs one person to get upset over this to damage your reputation.

Given that it takes minutes to remove the tint v *potential* for problems if not done I wouldn't have thought it was worth taking the risk. Protect your business.

If it every came to a claim against you, the insurance company could use this very thread to show that your peers + distributor told you not removing tint was not correct procedure.

If you have received conflicting information in this business I would always go with the less risky option, even if it only a minute risk or a percieved risk, particularly if there is not real cost or downside to the less risky option.

Last edited:
Hi,

After reading all the posts on Salon Geek, I am responding to clear up a few concerns that you may have.

Tinting
In training we show you how you can tint the top set of lashes after you have placed the lifting balm on and then the volumizing Fix. You can then apply your tint. Like any procedure you are carrying out please be careful (I am sure you all are) when working around the eyes. You do not need to place a huge amount of tint over the lashes, just enough to cover them and then remove carefully. We do not cover lower lash tinting on training. You can, by all means, do this yourself IF you are qualified to do so and YOU should also check this with your insuring body.

Should you wish to tint and are qualified to tint the lower lashes and insured to do so we suggest it is best to do this after you have finished the LVL procedure and carry it out to your insurer’s specification.

Solutions
These should only be placed from the roots to a quarter of the way up the lashes please do not coat the whole lash in the solution.

Bonding
To prevent from drying out please keep stored in a cool dry place. In training we show you how to remove the white seal to get the bonding from the container easily, this needs to be replaced after use.

Product Manufacturing
Here at Nouveau HQ we aim to bring you the best products on the market with some of the ultimate training available. Our products are not just shipped in from any country with little to no respect of what we use. We actually have them made here in the UK with personal trials and testing and what you won’t be aware of is the constant trialling of formulas. We want to bring you the best we can and constantly strive to improve on what we already have.

Please remember you have your manuals and they state clearly what you can and can’t do. We are also at the end of the telephone and more than happy to help (0844 8016835). Please try not to confuse each other – call us instead. It is a pleasure to help any time you need it. As a company, we like to we are one big family and once you are trained with us we are always here for you whether you trained 2 years ago or last week!

I hope this clarifies a few issues for you all, and please call us if you should have any further problems.

Kind regards
Steve Douch
Make-up artist and Lash Trainer for Nouveau Lashes Ltd

After reading all the post on this thread I would like to add I did my LVL training on Monday with Sarah maden at Manchester and we was told if we weren't nvq 2 qualified under no circumstances are we insured to tint bottom lashes! I had a fantastic day and since have carried out 5 treatments and love the results. Can I please try and return this thread to somewhere we can share pics and info with each other as I really want to share some of my results and get some feed back off fellow geeks ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381529843.126593.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381529857.295182.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381529868.451046.jpg

what do you mean by you would need to be beauty level 2 trained?

do you mean that a lower lash tint is not included in a LVL treatment and as such is not covered by an lvl certificate + insurance?

I was also taught to carry out a lower lash tint as LaurenSparkles has described during my lvl course, but was instructed to remove the tint with micro brushes before the clients leaves.

Think I had better call my trainer to clarify as i do not have beauty insurance/qualifications except for lvl + hd brows. :Scared:

I think because standard tinting is taught in level 2 x
So you would need to be level 2 qualified to tint xx
Hope i make sense lol

After reading all the post on this thread I would like to add I did my LVL training on Monday with Sarah maden at Manchester and we was told if we weren't nvq 2 qualified under no circumstances are we insured to tint bottom lashes! I had a fantastic day and since have carried out 5 treatments and love the results. Can I please try and return this thread to somewhere we can share pics and info with each other as I really want to share some of my results and get some feed back off fellow geeksView attachment 45118View attachment 45119View attachment 45120

Good idea :)

I cant share pics yet
But i cant say I'm so excited for my course to do LVL on 12 th nov :)
Xxx

I know Delish I was just clarifying what we was told hunni. I really enjoyed my course and have done 5 this week in salon another 4 already booked xx

I know Delish I was just clarifying what we was told hunni. I really enjoyed my course and have done 5 this week in salon another 4 already booked xx

Ooooo thats great x
Glad your getting custom x
How was the result x i love looking at these pics as everyones are different aren't they ? X

Every single treatment has had a fantastic result! I get sooo excited before I start a treatment.

Every single treatment has had a fantastic result! I get sooo excited before I start a treatment.

He he he thats great, think ill be the same as you ! X
Oh an i want to tell x
I purchased my LVL kit today at the nouveau stand and i got vat free so really made up with that x
It will be waiting at the college for me :)

I bought my kit at the pb manchester show yesterday an got it vat free im made up xx
But its got up to £249 instead of £199 xx

I know I had to pay £249 I missed out by a few days at the old price :-( worth the money though. When are you doin your training? Is it at Leigh with Sarah? I can't wait to see pics!!

I know I had to pay £249 I missed out by a few days at the old price :-( worth the money though. When are you doin your training? Is it at Leigh with Sarah? I can't wait to see pics!!

I must have too :(
Ye its in creative academy manchester x
And im doing it 12th nov x
Cant wait x got my box ready for all my kit to go in lol xx

Latest posts

Back