MAC make-up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has gone from helpful to argumentative.
Leaving but good luck to newbies I sincerely wish you all the best in whatever you choose ❤️

Sent from the catphone

Hi,
I am a therapist but now mainly MUA. I have variety of HIGH end or PRO brands in my kit as staples, especially foundations. Most of my other kit is also high end or pro but I do use No7 mascara as I replace often and find it performs fantastically well compared to more expensive brands. Also Sleek eyeshadows in the brighter/glitter range as these are really pigmented but a lot cheaper as I only use them occasionally.
there are hero products in every range so go and try some out, but as skin varies from person to person, race to race and age to age, finding a one size fits all foundation is going to be impossible.
I would suggest tailoring your make up business to your kit at the moment e.g. create a prom/bridal kit for starters. You'll need at least a light, medium and darker shade that you can then mix and match to suit most skin shades, same with concealer. Experiment with samples you can obtain or cheaper brands - look for no or low SPF if poss. Then a warm and cool blush, use light concealer/foundation to highlight/contour. 2-3 neutral/pink/coral lipsticks, trans powder, a couple of bronzers - mix to create more, 3-5 neutral eyeshadows or a palette - Sleek do a natural one, brown and black liner and mascara and a few key brushes.
Once you have done a few jobs, reinvest in your business and build from there.
It isn't easy but nothing worthwhile ever is.Also ensure your prices reflect your experience, expertise and products.
HTH xx

This may be a tad off topic but I found this helpful when I started out and still use it when I'm trying to get a particular shade in a different brand. It's a foundation matrix. You put in your own or your clients skin type into the site and it will compare foundations across the spectrum that match that skin tone type. Check it out. I've tried it on myself a fair few times when I've had enough of MAC as it's no longer suitable for my own skin. I now use Nars sheer glow and absolutely love the formula.

http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix?fm=shade

x HelloSORRISO x

Kim , don't take this the wrong way , but in my opinion there is no such thing as a cakey foundation , just an incorrectly applied one. It is quiet full coverage so if you apply too much then it will if corse cake up. I apply this foundation with a paddle brush and buff into the skin with a duo fibre , I find using 2 brushes gives the best finish and you can control how much product you using :) this technique will not work for dry skin however so be careful with what skin type your working with :)

How do you apply it on dry skin?

How do you apply it on dry skin?

for dry skin, i usually prep really well and will exfoliate the skin if necessary, i use pretty much the same technique then really to be honest but instead of doing circular motions with the buffing brush , i brush everything down in light short stroke, this stops micro exfoliation of the skin (where you can see all the dry bits of skin standing up)

Hey I want to try mac face and body foundation - in the shop (which is 3 hours away) I got colour matched and was a c6 - but they were out of stock - but kindly gave me a sample

What I want to know - for those of you who use it - which are your most popular shades and can anyone advise me why its not on the mac uk website?

Where do you buy it online?

It's too far for me to go to shop again

Hey I want to try mac face and body foundation - in the shop (which is 3 hours away) I got colour matched and was a c6 - but they were out of stock - but kindly gave me a sample

What I want to know - for those of you who use it - which are your most popular shades and can anyone advise me why its not on the mac uk website?

Hiya, where do you live? I was told of a mac lady in fenwicks a lady there delivered to my area and surrounding in North Yorkshire! Xx

Hiya, where do you live? I was told of a mac lady in fenwicks a lady there delivered to my area and surrounding in North Yorkshire! Xx

o that sounds fab so convenient im in the wild west of Northern Ireland lol

Good tips guys! What pressed powders does everyone have in their kit?!
Iv never seen anyone mention GLo Minerals make up on here..has anyone used it? - in particular their pressed base?

debenhams and house of fraser and i think a few others like selfridges have mac online maybe check if it's there if you liked the colour in the sample

There's only 2 products I truly love from mac that I haven't found a replacement I like more yet and that's face and body and pro longwear concealer. Still not sure what I'll do when my supplies of p.l concealer run out as I don't buy mac anymore. I keep searching for a concealer that covers as well and doesn't crease!

That's just my personal stash anyway though. I've removed all mac products from my pro kit.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app[/QUO

agree! both amazing products

f & b knocks years off my skin and the concealer is only one I have found that truly gives coverage but doesn't look like its there or emphasise lines

Latest posts

Back