Magis foil or Shellac wraps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmizzbest

Reaction score
Hi folks
Can anyone tell me if you can use Magis foil wraps to remove Shellac instead of the actual Shellac wraps??? What's the difference please?? I didn't train with Cnd so am not familiar with all their products but they seem so much better value on the website!!!!!

Julie xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks
Can anyone tell me if you can use Magis foil wraps to remove shellac instead of the actual shellac wraps??? What's the difference please?? I didn't train with Cnd so am not familiar with all their products but they seem so much better value on the website!!!!!

Julie xxx

Yes you can and yes they are cheaper and I do use them for everything BUT Shellac removal.

Shellac is a premium service and a branded high-end service and in line with that branding and the fact that the Shellac wraps, in my opinion do a better job, I always use the Shellac wraps to remove Shellac.

The Shellac wraps hold more product, they do not leak all over the place, the Acetone does not swim all around the skin of the client but is targeted in one area, The acetone does not evaporate and the client can enjoy a drink or use her mobile while the product is lifting from the nail and ... the client pays in full for the Shellac wraps in the price of her removal .. so there isn't a single argument against using them. :green:

I tried the Shellac wraps today for the first time. I had some with my kit so thought I would try them.
Unfortunately there were only 9 wraps in the sealed pack :cry:
Anyway I used some cotton wool with some foil wrapped round for my one finger. Worked the same to be honest and it's the same sort of thing-cotton with foil.
Whilst I was applying the shellac wraps my daughter was watching me and said 'Ooh they look like little nappies for your fingers' Lol

I tried the Shellac wraps today for the first time. I had some with my kit so thought I would try them.
Unfortunately there were only 9 wraps in the sealed pack :cry:
Anyway I used some cotton wool with some foil wrapped round for my one finger. Worked the same to be honest and it's the same sort of thing-cotton with foil.
Whilst I was applying the shellac wraps my daughter was watching me and said 'Ooh they look like little nappies for your fingers' Lol

There is no foil in Shellac remover wraps and there is allot more freedom and less mess; plus they look way cool as well as totally professional. imho

i find the Shellac remover wraps hold more Acetone thus removing the Shellac quicker, there has been a few questions on the Shellac group saying that there struggling removing Shellac and it takes longer then 10 minutes and they were not using the remover wraps. The integrated pad on the Shellac remover wraps provides maximum acetone absorption so it can easily soak down the tiny tunnels and not just evaporate like with foil and cotton wool or other alternative removal methods as well as providing all the other points that Gigi made! :) x

Yes I use the shellac wraps for shellac removal, magis for everything else. I think the cnd wraps look really professional and cute and the client finds them easier to do things while they are on x

Many thanks for the tips folks, I have used shellac removers up to now and always found them effective but didn't know the difference.
I love this forum :)))

wrapping shellac wraps on your own fingers is slightly hilarious to be honest lol

wrapping shellac wraps on your own fingers is slightly hilarious to be honest lol
Very NOT easy ... Therefore I have enlisted help and taught my old man how to do it!! Yet another thing my SLAVE has to do for me, he says! I've told him his next class is entitled "perfectly painted toes"!! :green:

Haha bless our husbands. My husband is a dab hand at spray tanning and waxing (although I haven't let him loose on my lady garden yet :eek:). He knows so much about the beauty business. Trouble is once he has done something once he thinks he's an expert.
I think I might let him minx my toes in a few weeks and see how he does. I might even post some pics!
He seems to liken everything to 'his' jobs. Spray tanning is like spraying boats, waxing is like applying putty (I only let him use non-strip wax). I'm sure he will say minx is like applying wallpaper!

Haha bless our husbands. My husband is a dab hand at spray tanning and waxing (although I haven't let him loose on my lady garden yet :eek:). He knows so much about the beauty business. Trouble is once he has done something once he thinks he's an expert.
I think I might let him minx my toes in a few weeks and see how he does. I might even post some pics!
He seems to liken everything to 'his' jobs. Spray tanning is like spraying boats, waxing is like applying putty (I only let him use non-strip wax). I'm sure he will say minx is like applying wallpaper!

This made me laugh SO much. The boy I am seeing now would probably rather die than ever spray tan or wax me. Maybe that means he's not the one :sad: lol i joked about painting his toenails pink whilst he wasn't looking one day and i thought he was going to have a cow!

My father, on the other hand, knows a lot! He let me practice facials and waxing and manicures on him while I was in school. And he has been one of the most helpful people while starting my salon. I seriously think my dad would let me apply gel nails on him if for some reason I really needed to lol I'm his baby girl! :green:

oops, totally off topic :green:

Hi gigi. I know this is an old thread but im just catching up. I have just recently tried the magis wraps on a client that usually has the cnd wraps and several of her nails have chipped after two days. She has v. Dry skin and brittle nails and im convinced this is a result of me saturating her in accetone with the magis wraps? Ive done the training and im using the system in full in every other way. I wont be using the magis wraps for shellac removal again!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

My hubby highlights my daughters and my hair - and does minx perfectly without any training (I am still strugliing). So am trying to persuade him to go on a manicure and pedicure course so he can help out - do Minx and also what would be very helpful is to do the shellac removals. He is very resistant to this - but I know I will get him to do it!

xx

Latest posts

Back