Majicontrast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
I have a client tomorrow who is a base 5 to 6, I've got a majicontrast magenta red (which I haven't used before!!!) I going to do some directional slices, now do I use 20 or 30 vol ???

I love majicontrast colours majenta red is a great colour I had a client in last week and she was between a base 5 and 6 I used 20vol on her hair (she just had a few flashes put through) it was on virgin hair so it took quite quickly but the colour turned out great.

hth goodluck

Oh great, I'm quite looking forward to it ! I got really scared of colouring a while back but am trying to get back into it ! She's got a nice choppy cut so I thought a few diagonal 2 inch long, quater inch slices would look ok, what do you think ?

A few peekaboo flashes through the front of the hair looks good too underneath the fringe etc , majenta red is a very bold colour so dont do them too chunky unless of course that what the clients wants sometimes you have to remember less is more when it comes to the bold colours :)

ah thanks for you advice, I appreciate it x

How did this go?

I use the L'Oreal Maji ranges and I think contrast is meant to be used with 40 VOL for it's full potential.

How did this go?

I use the L'Oreal Maji ranges and I think contrast is meant to be used with 40 VOL for it's full potential.

Hi, on the maunfactures instructions they say its better if its used with just 20 vol as it can lose the colour and the hair can look transparent otherwise ,
apparently it already has something in it to lift the hair ,

but I am not saying that you cannot use 40 vol with it as some people on here do but whats the point whe 20 will do the job and will last longer :)

Hi, on the maunfactures instructions they say its better if its used with just 20 vol as it can lose the colour and the hair can look transparent otherwise ,
apparently it already has something in it to lift the hair ,

but I am not saying that you cannot use 40 vol with it as some people on here do but whats the point whe 20 will do the job and will last longer :)

It depends on the vibrancy you want with contrast... if you want it as red as in the swatch book, you would need to use 40 VOL, however if your happy to have it deeper, you can use a lower VOL.

xx

Hi, I used the red with 20 and it was wicked, lovely and bright, I do wonder if you used it with a too higher peroxide it might add to the fade, as we all know reds are buggers for fade !

I saw my client today after 2 weeks and the colour still looked vibrant

Mind, having said that...obviously if you used it on lighter hair (base 7+) you would use 20 VOL

I have only used it on dark hair, because that is what it is mainly aimed at... on very dark hair (bases 1,2 & 3) you would need 30 or 40 VOL to get the extra lift.

Contrast doesnt seem to fade much, it's one of the best reds for not fading if used right....

On natural hair, the choice depends on the intensity of the result desired,
20 vol for a subtle reflect,
30 or 40 for a more vibrant colour.

On coloured hair, it is better to use 20 volume to get the best results.

The reccomended bases to use on it are ;
On a coloured base 3-5.

On a darker colour base, the result would be more subdued.
But you must also take into account the nature of the colour applied,
the number of repeat applications, possible build-up, any reflects still present.

If in any doubt at all I always reccomend doing test peices , :hug:

Latest posts

Back