Majirel ineffective on white hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viola

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first ever post so be gentle with me!

I have been using Majirel (ionene G incell) # 8,0 with 20 vol oxidant (6%) on my regrowth for some time now and have been extremely happy with the result (it gives a gorgeous dark blonde/caramel shade with fabulous shine).

However I have noticed that my grey (white) areas are not covering well at all. I ensure I am leaving the colourant on for the recommended 35 mins (and must confess to leaving it on longer, is that ok?) but to no avail my white regrowth remains white.

Any suggestions where I am going wrong?

Thank you, Viola x

i dont use loreal so cant comment, however in wella when it is a high percentage of white i wud often shift up to the double bases, like instead of an 8/0 i wud use an 88/0, and also if the grey hair has come in more resistant it might be worth trying 9%. without seeing the hair it hard to tell, but that the best advice i can offer without seeing mit for myself. . x

You could try pre softening the hair. Apply liquid peroxide neat to the stubborn resistant areas of grey and dry this into the hair before applying your chosen colour on top. This allows the cuticle to open so the color can penetrate better.

Yes I'd pre-soften with 20 vol first. It maybe that the 8 is not really dark enough to cover resistant white. You could drop down to a 7. Otherwise check out the new supreme range for grey cover by loreal.

Hi, thanks to everyone for their advice...I am a little scared of dropping down a shade to 7 as I really like the dark blonde effect number 8 has on my hair. Do you think I am wrong to be nervous, will the 7 give a similar shade to the 8?

I have read in another part of this forum someone advising someone who has problems covering white hair to use higher than 20 vol (is this advisable with Majirel as the instructions recommend 20 vol?)

Sorry for all the questions and being so demanding x

you will get less coverage with 30 vol. They may have thought it would open the cuticle more, but it wont. It would just look even more wishy washy. You can leave majire on for 45 mins to get a stronger effect. It wont hurt your hair doing this and can really make the difference.

Viola , could you please fill in your profile for us as it's a bit confusing because its says you are not a hairdresser ? :confused:
x minky

No def dont use 30 on it, Id definately pre soften first and then use the 8.

Latest posts

Back