Majirel Mix Intensifiers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamaur man

Reaction score
Hi Geeks.

Can Majirel Mix Copper Red be used as a full head application.

Yet again I have been asked about Rhiannas Red hair.

What would you say can be the lightest natural level you could use this color on without pre-lightening to achieve the so called Rhianna look.

My potential client is dark, base 3 to 4. I told her that her hair will have to be pre-lightened to achieve this look, but to be honest I don't want to go there. Her hair is very fine and she will just end up with naff hair.

I usually use my igora concentrates, but the Majirel mix copper red is the color nearest to Rhiannas color.

I am right to assume Majicontrast cannot be used for full head applications.

Any advice will be much appreciated, although I am almost certain this case will be a definite no no.:irked:

Thanks.
xx

i've personally only ever used them mixed with another colour, never on there own.

They are fine for full head mixed with majirouge or majirel.
Majicontrast mfi's say not to use on a full head.

I'm sure someone else with a bit more experience will be able to help you more. X

I'm having problems getting the Rhianna red, and so many people are asking for it now, mainly the shwarzkopf live generation !!! So, as I only use L'oreal I am very interested to see what others reply about this....

For her bright red, I use crazy colour fire. But her reds more toed down now.

Try the Majirouge Mix 0.600 (Red), 0.400 (Copper) or 0.460 (Copper Red) as a booster. These can be used on full head application.
0.600 + 6.66 is a great intense red. Or 0.460 + 7.62 is quite nice.

Wow thanks for all the info guys.

Love you all loads. xx

I had bright red rihnnah hair 3 days ago but now im pruple again :D anyways what i did was bleach bath it with a 9 to get it upto a base 10 then applied koleston 77/46 and 0/45 mixer, then mixed crazy colour fire with 6% (i know youre not suppsed to use peroxide with crazy colour but it lasts a lot longer and it is more vibrant) it came out bright rihhnah red, i loved it but be warned, it will fade within a week, so a crazy colour will need to be applied every week, but not with peroxide, i only use peroxide for the first application :)

The other day i did 6.66 with red mix tone, with slices of majicontrast red and majenta red on a base 4, it came up gorgeous, and the slices gave it that extra intensity, she was very pleased! xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

The other day i did 6.66 with red mix tone, with slices of majicontrast red and majenta red on a base 4, it came up gorgeous, and the slices gave it that extra intensity, she was very pleased! xXx

That sounds great too.
All you geeks are giving me so many ideas and its messing with my head.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi Janie.

I forgot to say, did you weave the 6.66 with red mix tone, or did you slice them too just like your majicontrast red & Magenta red slices.

I always assume a slice means using the foil or meche section without weaving it.
My client wants her whole head done.

Thanks.

why dose the majicontrast reds say not to be used as a full colour??
i have been using it as. ps you all dreading the day the client says "i want to strip my hair back blond" i had this last night 7 hours of it and still not finished :lol:

Hey, yeah i sliced alternate red and majenta through the whole head, then applied the 6.66&0.600 to the rest of the hair, like doing a full head foils with full head tint between!

And yes slicing is the section with out the weave :)

Is your client a natural or tinted base 4 by the way?

xXx

why dose the majicontrast reds say not to be used as a full colour??
i have been using it as. ps you all dreading the day the client says "i want to strip my hair back blond" i had this last night 7 hours of it and still not finished :lol:

Yeah Loreal recommend that majicontrast should be used in meches or foils for partial colouring techniques only, i assume that its because of its powerful high lifting ability for the darker bases?

Ive only ever done as per instructions and I would imagine that by using it as a full head application that you dont get the same intensity as you would in foils or meche???? :lol:

xXx

I believe, with any color line, the reason they dont reccomend a full head application, or solo use, is because in a nutshell, pure or triple pigments are designed to attach themselves to other colors. They dont have the grab on their own. Now thats not to say I have never tried it...lol I have also mixed in non oxidative stains such as punky colors......and yes it does give it much more vibrancy. It just isnt meant to last.
To get my red, I lifted out to a 7 or 8.....applied the non oxidative red stain, then color overtop to refresh the red with a half and half mix of 66/45 and /45 boost:green: It has lasted like a dream

Hi Geeks.

Can Majirel Mix Copper Red be used as a full head application.

Yet again I have been asked about Rhiannas Red hair.

What would you say can be the lightest natural level you could use this color on without pre-lightening to achieve the so called Rhianna look.

My potential client is dark, base 3 to 4. I told her that her hair will have to be pre-lightened to achieve this look, but to be honest I don't want to go there. Her hair is very fine and she will just end up with naff hair.

I usually use my igora concentrates, but the Majirel mix copper red is the color nearest to Rhiannas color.

I am right to assume Majicontrast cannot be used for full head applications.

Any advice will be much appreciated, although I am almost certain this case will be a definite no no.:irked:

Thanks.
xx

I have used majicontrast copper red and magenta red as a full head tint application in the past, and it's fine! just stains the skin - so make the client aware of this.... and goes without saying, only use with a maximum 30vol developer

I have used majicontrast copper red and magenta red as a full head tint application in the past, and it's fine! just stains the skin - so make the client aware of this.... and goes without saying, only use with a maximum 30vol developer

Surely using it on clients against MI's would invalidate your insurance?

Last edited:
Hey, yeah i sliced alternate red and majenta through the whole head, then applied the 6.66&0.600 to the rest of the hair, like doing a full head foils with full head tint between!

And yes slicing is the section with out the weave :)

Is your client a natural or tinted base 4 by the way?

xXx

Ah yes, she is a natural base 3 to 4 and wants the full head rhianna type red.
I may suggest to her what you have done. I cannot pre-lighten her hair without wrecking it. :eek:

As it goes, my client has got just a few magenta red sections through her fringe, and I told her I could not put the Majicontrast copper red on her whole head, but she said "oh it will be alright".

I must admit, I was tempted, but I just can't do that.
I think I will do alternate meches as posted above.

Thanks for the info though. Its always good to know what other geeks do.

Have you ever been to Noosa. I have a relative who lives on the sunshine coast. Beautiful part of Queensland. :):)

Go for it, my client and i were both so pleased with the result, put extra contrast slices on the parting and through the fringe (if she has one) so they really stand out. No need to pre lighten so the result was super glossy aswel xXx

Go for it, my client and i were both so pleased with the result, put extra contrast slices on the parting and through the fringe (if she has one) so they really stand out. No need to pre lighten so the result was super glossy aswel xXx

Hi Janie.

One more question.
Is the 0.600 just another name for the Majirel Mix Red.
I have seen two color charts and one has the Majirel Mix colors, and the other has numbers 0.600, 0.400 and 0.460
Which chart is the latest one.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back