Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real techniques brushes are in already. I just picked up the core collection and the stippling brush. I'm off home to play lol

Graftobian... I'm looking at the website, it's a us site I think. What is it I'm actually looking at for brides? Any recommendations which product to buy to give it a go x

Have a look here. They offer a good pallette for Graftobian as well as some other really nice bits and bobs!

Can anyone recommend a nice concealer? Something that will cover pretty much everything..blemishes, scars, dark circles ect?

Thanks Emma x

Can anyone recommend a nice concealer? Something that will cover pretty much everything..blemishes, scars, dark circles ect?

Thanks Emma x
For your kit or just for yourself?

I have a temptu concealer wheel for my kit, just because I haven't found a concealer that I love enough to buy lots of shades of yet.

For myself, I have Laura Mercier's secret concealer which I quite like so far (I just bought it).

For your kit or just for yourself?

I have a temptu concealer wheel for my kit, just because I haven't found a concealer that I love enough to buy lots of shades of yet.

For myself, I have Laura Mercier's secret concealer which I quite like so far (I just bought it).

Thank you for coming back to me :)

It was for the kit really....I want to make sure I have something in there for brides that have broken out just before the big day (pretty much like I did) I wanted something with a good coverage and staying power, I know one of my main concerns when I was getting married was that my make up would fade off quite early on in to the evening and the massive spot that appeared would be more visible......

I have not started yet, I am just sorting my kit and products out, trying to make a list of make up that I want to buy on top of what I already have.....

This whole post has been fantastic....so so so many brilliant tips especially about foundation for brides i.e foundations that photograph well ect!!

I am not too sure if people have seen these but I have found Ruby Hammer eye shadows excellent, I have only used these on myself so far and they have lasted all day. I apply them in the morning before work and they still are on at 7.30pm ish when I get home...They are inexpensive so I was shocked to find that they lasted so long. Lovely range of colours aswell...

It was for the kit really....I want to make sure I have something in there for brides that have broken out just before the big day (pretty much like I did) I wanted something with a good coverage and staying power, I know one of my main concerns when I was getting married was that my make up would fade off quite early on in to the evening and the massive spot that appeared would be more visible......

I have not started yet, I am just sorting my kit and products out, trying to make a list of make up that I want to buy on top of what I already have.....

This whole post has been fantastic....so so so many brilliant tips especially about foundation for brides i.e foundations that photograph well ect!!

I am not too sure if people have seen these but I have found Ruby Hammer eye shadows excellent, I have only used these on myself so far and they have lasted all day. I apply them in the morning before work and they still are on at 7.30pm ish when I get home...They are inexpensive so I was shocked to find that they lasted so long. Lovely range of colours aswell...

I don't like the same for under eyes and for spots, i find that they need different sorts of coverage. For spots I like MAC Studio Finish. For under eyes I used to like Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer but they changed the formula, so I now prefer Illamasqua under eye concealer.

I like the dermablend concealer, I have both the wheel and the palette, it's great to have so many different shades and you can mix away to get the perfect one too. I don't use this for under the eyes though, I tend to use Clinique airbrush, it is slightly light reflecting, but also has enough concealer in it to cover up and dark circles, they do this is an few shades, and I think they are definitely worth investing in for your kit.

Also, my favourite foundation brush is a boots No 7 one, I have a couple of MAC foundation brushes, but the No 7 one is my favourite, so I always save this for the Bride!

Oh I've just thought of something else that I would never forget on the bid day - eyeshadow primer. Someone's probably already said it, but eyeshadow primer!

Urban Decay's primer potion is awesome and ELF do a good one as well which works really well for about a tenth of the price. I like MAC's paint pots as well as a primer.

Lisa Eldridge does a great YouTube tutorial for concealing spots using Dermablend by Vichy so I tried it and it's great. Waterproof too and a great price. x

Thanks everyone for your help!! I'll without a doubt be looking at the suggestions.

I had a look at dermablend...looks excellent...I think I'll buy the trial kit and have a play around.. I will have a look on you tube aswell xx

I'm on the hunt for a decent new translucent setting powder. Something that doesn't go powdery on the face iykwim!

Not impressed with the few i've tried so far, ok but nothing special, so would love to hear some recommendations!

This thread has been very helpful, I'm covering make-up at college right now, I love the elf make-up, their face primer is amazing!
I love the youtube videos from gossmakeup. He explains things very clearly!
My fav make-up books are by Rae Morris, could you guys tell me your favs and say why you like them?
Thank you.

I'm on the hunt for a decent new translucent setting powder. Something that doesn't go powdery on the face iykwim!

Not impressed with the few i've tried so far, ok but nothing special, so would love to hear some recommendations!

I'm a big fan of rimmel's loose translucent powder :)

Elf do a hd powder that I love, really makes the face flawless. And it's cheap as chips.

Laura Mercier is the best that I've tried. MAC Prep+Prime is good too, both very finely milled.

This thread has been very helpful, I'm covering make-up at college right now, I love the elf make-up, their face primer is amazing!
I love the youtube videos from gossmakeup. He explains things very clearly!
My fav make-up books are by Rae Morris, could you guys tell me your favs and say why you like them?
Thank you.

I love watching Lisa Eldridge on You Tube, she uses all kinds of everything and creates some beautifully natural looks I also love gossmakeup, his product reviews I find really useful.

I use Mac's Prep & Prime, which I really like, but I also use the natural collection's loose translucent powder, they do it in 'cool' and 'warm' it goes on really well and has good staying power and the last time I bought it, it was on 3 for 2 in Boots! Enjoy your make-up shopping:D

Thanks ladies. I'm loving this thread. I wonder if the mods would do a separate geek board for MUA?

Loving all the tips!! I would love an MUA forum!

I could throw a lot of tips in but it's mainly for extreme, drag looks ( full coverage) face! Blend blend and blend, if your starting in make up, blend white and black, if you can do this you can blend any colour!

Latest posts

Back