Make up must haves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone recommend a good Black eyeliner that doesnt 'smudge' under onto my eyebags??

Either use pencil eyeliner, blend it, then set it (powder over cream rule) with black eyeshadow. Use an slanted stiff bristle eye liner brush for this.

Or you can just apply powder eyeliner (as described above) without the pencil eyeliner underneath. This is the more subtle way to go, and the other method produces a more dramatic effect.

Play around with it, creativity is what makeup's all about :green:

White eyeliner? Please forgive me stupid little girl...:lol: Is this will make your make up look naturer than black eye liner?? cheers, xxx:hug:

WhiteEyeliner_Model.gif

The white eyeliner it does look natural it looks nice i like how i do my white eyeliner this picture is abit dramaticbut i have small eyes and it makes them look really nice. Have you not seen jlos video for jenny on the block she wears it on the video and i saw it years ago and went and bought some. lol. You can only wear the white on its own but what i do sometimes is wear the white where the woman on the picture wears it then put black eyeline in the corners of my eyes and flick them out slightly so it s a cat eye look. the whites of Your eyes look brighter but you can have it looking really dramatic by layering the white by putting more and more on :)

Was you talking about m writing being hard to read? af so. sorry :p

WhiteEyeliner_Model.gif

The white eyeliner it does look natural it looks nice i like how i do my white eyeliner this picture is abit dramaticbut i have small eyes and it makes them look really nice. Have you not seen jlos video for jenny on the block she wears it on the video and i saw it years ago and went and bought some. lol. You can only wear the white on its own but what i do sometimes is wear the white where the woman on the picture wears it then put black eyeline in the corners of my eyes and flick them out slightly so it s a cat eye look. the whites of Your eyes look brighter but you can have it looking really dramatic by layering the white by putting more and more on :)

Was you talking about m writing being hard to read? af so. sorry :p

Thanks hun, I will have a look tomorrow in town to try the white one, cos I found that black eyeliner look a bit heavy for me, I prefer natural looking make ups...:)

No, I wasnt talking about your writing, was on about me that dont know about the white eyeliner, sorry :hug:

I have worn white eye liner for years, it just opens them up a bit.
I love my Channel Foundation,
Benefit boing concealer,
Benefit Hula bronzer,
Lancome mascara,
Benefit blusher,
Nars lip creme (chelsea girls),
Benefit lip liner,
Chanel lip gloss,
Estee lauder eye shadows,
And not forgetting my really cool lancome lip brush.

Mac eyeshadows
nutrimetics mascara
black liner
nude lip liner
lipglosses (always shimmery)

YSL Touche Eclat. Can't leave home without it!

I definately agree on this one!!!v I love love love love it!!! eyeliner wise you should try Shsiedo's liquid eyeliner. Its the best thing since sliced bread!! lol!! Its around £23 but once you've got the brush applicator you just buy the refills for £13!! Comes in a applicator similar to Touche Eclat but a really lovely brush applicator. :lol:

I definately agree on this one!!!v I love love love love it!!! eyeliner wise you should try Shsiedo's liquid eyeliner. Its the best thing since sliced bread!! lol!! Its around £23 but once you've got the brush applicator you just buy the refills for £13!! Comes in a applicator similar to Touche Eclat but a really lovely brush applicator. :lol:

I would love to wear liquid Liner but I just can't do it no matter how much I practice. Is there a knack (sp) or something?

It's a concealer. Hides dark circles under the eyes really well (I should know. I'm starting to look like Harry Redknapp!!:lol: ). Gives a lovely even skin tone.

It is a concealer for just the eye area. But you can also use it around the outside of your nose and to frame your lips. It works super on lips as it makes them look fuller!!!

Dont use it to try and hide spots cos it just makes them look far worse!!

HTH

I would love to wear liquid Liner but I just can't do it no matter how much I practice. Is there a knack (sp) or something?

It's so much easier with the shsiedo eyeliner because its more like a pen.

But you should close your eye, and stretch the skin slighty with one hand. When you draw on the eyeliner, draw it onto where your lashes meet the skin. Almost as if your drawing the line on your lashes, This way when you open your eye, the line is lovely and thin and you dont get a gap!! I think the mistake most people make is trying to do it with their eye open.... then it goes all over the place :eek:

HTH chick!!

It's so much easier with the shsiedo eyeliner because its more like a pen.

But you should close your eye, and stretch the skin slighty with one hand. When you draw on the eyeliner, draw it onto where your lashes meet the skin. Almost as if your drawing the line on your lashes, This way when you open your eye, the line is lovely and thin and you dont get a gap!! I think the mistake most people make is trying to do it with their eye open.... then it goes all over the place :eek:

HTH chick!!

Thanks hun. How do you finish it though, do you flick it up or accross or what?

Or you can just apply powder eyeliner (as described above) without the pencil eyeliner underneath. This is the more subtle way to go, and the other method produces a more dramatic effect.

Play around with it, creativity is what makeup's all about :green:

I started to use a black eyeshadow as my eyeliner (Revlon), as I was feeling that the pencils were too harsh. I much prefer the smudgy blended look than a harsh line. I use it with a smudger brush (Virgin Vie do a good brush).

Guerlain to a nice dark brown eyeshadow with glitter in it that I sometimes use as eyeliner too.

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my 'can't live without'. The equivalent in the compact is good too.

Touch Eclat, Urban decay glitter liners - fab must have products too!

I've just bought Bare Escentuals Mineral foundation, and I'm quite impressed with it.

I love Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and Revlon Colourstay.
Urban Decay eyeshadows
Bobbi Brown Blusher
Lancome Juicey Tubes

Mascara - Max Factor Masterpiece

Foundation - not yet found my perfect one!

White eye liner pencil and Powder based eye liner.

Lip gloss - any

Still trying to find the perfect lipstick that does not come off after 5 mins or stains my lips.

Light brown brow pencil - any make.

At the moment, having jut run out of my Prescriptives foundation, I have found:
Lo'real Infalliable foundation
Lo'real Infalliable concealor
YSL Touch Eclat
Stila Highlighting Creme
Christian Dior 'The Perfects' Eyeshadows
Clinique Rudey Nudey Lipgloss
Bourjois Chocolate box bronzer (cant remember the proper name)
Christian Dior Mascara ( not sure which one though)

Been to Debenhams today...come back with a right goody bag....just ask the ladies on the counters and they will give you some samples...i have the Chanel one now to try out...without having to buy a full size to fine it doesn't suit. xx

Anyone recommend a good Black eyeliner that doesnt 'smudge' under onto my eyebags??

I use a great one by MAC, it's a pencil and give's you a few seconds of 'workability' if you want to smudge it slightly for that smokey look, before it sets. I have it in black and a slightly shimmery brown and they are the best I have used for not smudging. Can't remember the exact name but I'm sure if you go to a MAC counter they will know which it is.

HTH :)

But you should close your eye, and stretch the skin slighty with one hand. When you draw on the eyeliner, draw it onto where your lashes meet the skin. Almost as if your drawing the line on your lashes, This way when you open your eye, the line is lovely and thin and you dont get a gap!! I think the mistake most people make is trying to do it with their eye open.... then it goes all over the place

Thanks to Angie (aka Bagpuss) I have finally mastered the whole "eyeliner" look.

I used to try pencils and liquid eyeliners with no success and was getting really frustrated with it.

Then Angie recommended that you use eyeshadow with a slanted brush and just gently swipe it above your eyelid.

HEY PRESTO, a perfect line every time and you can use it with any colour eyeshadow.

I've been playing and for a softer look, I use the eyeshadow dry and for a dark, more intense look, I slightly wet the brush before dragging through the eyeshadow and it becomes really creamy and has the same effect as liquid eyeliner.

Marlise

Thanks to Angie (aka Bagpuss) I have finally mastered the whole "eyeliner" look.

I used to try pencils and liquid eyeliners with no success and was getting really frustrated with it.

Then Angie recommended that you use eyeshadow with a slanted brush and just gently swipe it above your eyelid.

HEY PRESTO, a perfect line every time and you can use it with any colour eyeshadow.

I've been playing and for a softer look, I use the eyeshadow dry and for a dark, more intense look, I slightly wet the brush before dragging through the eyeshadow and it becomes really creamy and has the same effect as liquid eyeliner.

Marlise

I too have started to use powders as eye liners since hitting my mid thirties - you can achieve so many different looks with different colours it is great!

Latest posts

Back