Make up must haves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My make up must haves are

Benefit Moon Beam - I couldn't live without this !!
Mac Studio Fix Foundation
Clarins Cream Blusher
Mac Eyeshadows

Anything else like mascara, lipgloss i will use any brand as ive not yet found one that i MUST have at all times ! :lol:

Thanks to Angie (aka Bagpuss) I have finally mastered the whole "eyeliner" look.

I used to try pencils and liquid eyeliners with no success and was getting really frustrated with it.

Then Angie recommended that you use eyeshadow with a slanted brush and just gently swipe it above your eyelid.

HEY PRESTO, a perfect line every time and you can use it with any colour eyeshadow.

I've been playing and for a softer look, I use the eyeshadow dry and for a dark, more intense look, I slightly wet the brush before dragging through the eyeshadow and it becomes really creamy and has the same effect as liquid eyeliner.

Marlise

glad it worked for you...xx

i use bodyshop makeup brushes

and makeup by iman, sacha and fashion fair

although i did get a free eyeliner and mascara by rimmel which are fab and look great all day

ps i swear by barry m dazzle dust, £4.50 a pot. brill

Hiya
I do permanent makeup..its fantastic for that get up and go perfect look

I love love love makeup and use the whole skin/makeup range CHANEL

I use line and seal at the clinic..and will soon be selling it

I'm looking into i'd bare minerals makeup

if you would like some info on permanent makeup email me

Jenx

Mineral make-up is the best! For everything! (Except mascara and lipgloss)
I use it on my self, on my clients, for bridal make-up. It stays on until you take it off and the skin underneath is in perfect condition! It works on everyone!

I have recently discovered Benefit make up and skin care and it is fantastic (well for me, anyway). I have ditched my foundation for You Rebel which is a tinted moisturiser with really good coverage and makes me look a tad fresher! Can't be bad!

i love channel at the moment, and the new ysl brush on foundation ... i do like thick creamy foundations as my skin is so pants....(no i dont have the old orange mask look).
i love channel pro lumiere and poudre
benefits...dallas and dandelion
mascara....max factor
smashbox...little box of eyeliner pallet....dont shift for anyone those eyeliners
models prefer lip liner
models prefer baby pink lipstick then ysl lip glosses
and for nights out i love boujious shimmer eyeshadow pots think i have all the colours......
and laura geller optillusion powder for the face

i love channel at the moment, and the new ysl brush on foundation ... i do like thick creamy foundations as my skin is so pants....(no i dont have the old orange mask look).
i love channel pro lumiere and poudre
benefits...dallas and dandelion
mascara....max factor
smashbox...little box of eyeliner pallet....dont shift for anyone those eyeliners
models prefer lip liner
models prefer baby pink lipstick then ysl lip glosses
and for nights out i love boujious shimmer eyeshadow pots think i have all the colours......
and laura geller optillusion powder for the face

You a QVC fan Joanne?:)

My absolute must haves are:

Yves Saint Laurent Touch Eclat
Stila Convertible Colour
Benefit Highbeam
Benefit benetint lipbalm

I also have loads of Lancome Juicy Tubes but they are not necessarily a must have! I use various mascaras and eye liners and am always on the look out for a new foundation as I find my skin gets used to a foundation and it dosn't work as well after a while?? Stila Illuminating Foundation has been mentioned on this thread and as I love stila im going to try some of that!

My 'can't live without's' are -

Stila tinted moisturiser
MAC Blot Powder
Bobbi Brown bronzer
MAC blusher in Pink Swoon or Benefit's Just kidding
MAC Lingering eyebrow pencil - the best EVER!
MAC eyeliner - the one that doesn't shift.
Nars eyeshadow
Benefit mascara
Nars or Clinique lipgloss

Not a make up item as such but my main really cannot live without item are my Jemma Kidd tweezers - tried all the brands, tweezerman, laura mercier and these are truly the best!

Have a variety of make-up, but EVERYTHING looks better with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm on the skin first....I could not live without this, and will even go bare-faced occasionally, but not without my Beauty Flash Balm! The Clarins Eye Revive is good too.

I have oily skin

Smashbox Foundation Primer
Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation
Smashbox Creme Eyeliner Palette
Lancome Mascara, currently using their Flextencils which i am loving!
Smashbox Brow Tech
Chanel Blush
Mac Eyeshadows
Cellex-C
Skoah's Kick It Cream which is the BEST pimple cream ive ever tried, and geeks, i have tried them all

Love these products, i am one of those who believes the better the make-up, the better the result, most of the time. When going without make-up (whenever im not at work or out at night etc.) i would not be able to live without my Cellex-c, Biotherm's Detoxifying Cleansing Foam (which is a wonderful texture, between clay and mousse), and Boitherm's BioPur Melting Moisturizing Matifying Fluid.

Blinc mascara - superb!
Jemma Kidd eye brushes - beautifully made and they make eye make up so easy to apply.
Prescriptives Beaming Silver eye pencil
Chanel pencil sharpener (the only one I have found which doesn't knacker the pencil)
ID Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil

That's about it!

My 'must have' is my BellaVi mineral foundation. It's a local product here in Tauranga, New Zealand, but it's manufactured in USA. It's absolutely brilliant. It's not drying and gives full natural dewy coverage. It makes my skin look great. I have never found a foundation that covers so well and looks so natural. My clients LOVE it once they have tried it on their skin and it sells really well! I could go on raving about it forever....

I have had my eyeliner tatooed on and love it! I've never really been able to wear eyeliner, because it always smudges and looks messy after a few hours. Plus, I was always going around with red eyes, and now that I'm not using eyeliner (and ditched the mascara as well), my eyes actually look white- for the first time in years!

Donna

LOL.. these replies are funny! Stupid little girl.. LMAO.
I agree I dont think it was a name call, more like herself.:green:

Yes marlise.. the font is really small maybe too small to read or some.. like me, I'm struggling and my eyes are 20/20! LOL

Raw beauty.. Touch Elclat is the gold cover up pen? you click the end and it comes out!
(I think)

I have heard of mineral foundation and really want to try some.
But I havent a clue if it will make my skin even dryer and/or what shade?

:eek:

Has anyone got some?

Tsia,
I have used a few mieral foundations as I used to suffer from acne as a teeny-bopper, but now my absolute most favourite thing in the world (placed in ranking position above boyfriend, family and friends) is Mac's Mineralize foundation... it's chuffing genious! It's still liquid rather than powder versions & it's a perfect finish (covers blemishes, but not cakey like Studio-tech, not too dry, not too dewy) and it repairs your skin while you wear it due to the natural conent. The minute i stop using it -out of curiosity for new products- spots are back... grrrr... it's the only thing that has 100% cured my skin, and it's uber radient! woo, i should be on commission! he he, I use NC35- the 'NC' shades are nicer than the 'NW' ones... HTH xxxx mwah! xxx

I absolutely love Dior lipglosses, really nice for going out, gorgeous shades, lovely and sparkly.
Think im going to be giving that mineral foundation a try Kerry-Ann as I have really sensitive skin.
Was wondering if anybody knows of a product I could buy that gives my skin (well just cheeks) that nice dewy look?? Ive bought highlighters, shimmers but none have quite the same effect. Also, does anybody know of any good concealers for spots, stick ones though as the liquid ones dont give good enough coverage. Thanks.xx

Does anyone know where I can go try the mineral foundations please??

Or is it a buy online product only?

I love Lipglass by MAC
and I too use a powder with a wet brush for eyeliner
white eyeliner too

I absolutely love Dior lipglosses, really nice for going out, gorgeous shades, lovely and sparkly.
Think im going to be giving that mineral foundation a try Kerry-Ann as I have really sensitive skin.
Was wondering if anybody knows of a product I could buy that gives my skin (well just cheeks) that nice dewy look?? Ive bought highlighters, shimmers but none have quite the same effect. Also, does anybody know of any good concealers for spots, stick ones though as the liquid ones dont give good enough coverage. Thanks.xx

Mac do a cream blusher which is really dewy - I have 'sweet william', and when i use it over my Mineralize foundation it looks lovely and .... erm... 'Just Had Sex' look!... he he he, no better way to describe it! Concealer, I am obsessed with Cliniques 'all about eyes' which i buy in the lightest poss colour for under my eyes, and then slightly darker colour to cover spots, it's fab & thick so keeps them covered all day. Ive tried a million and one concealers and they always seem too runny or a bit pathetic, this one's hard-core :lol: HTH xxx ps- Becky what shades of lip gloss do u buy from Dior? I always get stuck 4 choice and so dont end up buying ANY ! xxx

Latest posts

Back