Make up smudges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle30

Reaction score
Hi geeks, wondering if anyone would know why I get black smudges under my left eye on my cheek? I use waterproof mascara not heavy or anything and black kohl or liquid eyeliner, I also curl my lashes for a good 20 seconds before applying. Thanks guys :)

One of the main reasons for smudgy eyemake up is not taking it off thoroughly the night before, or if you're using waterproof, the emu remover will be oily so you need to make sure that you have removed all the oil form the lashes.
xxxxxx

Mine always smudge. My eyes are naturally oily and they can water which causes me no end of issues. I've tried every mascara and some are worse than others. Sometimes I don't even wear any as I get sick of it. When I do wear it I regularly check for those damned panda eyes.

My only advice I can give you is to keep a compact in your handbag and regularly blot, only other thing you can do is wear extensions. Also try something other than a Khol ie a smudge free pencil or liquid/ gel eyeliner as this can smudge too. Hth a little and welcome to my club :D

Ok thank you for your help :)

Primer might help and you can use it under the lower lashes too.

I had the same problem. I started using Dreamweave mascara. It DOES NOT MOVE! It's one of those mascaras that coat the lashes with little tubes (have a look on their website, it explains it better than me). Brilliant stuff, no smudges, flaking nothing. To remove it, I just use warm water and gently pull my lashes and it just slides off. Also, Make Up Forever aqua liners really do not budge either. hth :D

I had the same problem. I started using Dreamweave mascara. It DOES NOT MOVE! It's one of those mascaras that coat the lashes with little tubes (have a look on their website, it explains it better than me). Brilliant stuff, no smudges, flaking nothing. To remove it, I just use warm water and gently pull my lashes and it just slides off. Also, Make Up Forever aqua liners really do not budge either. hth :D

Totally agree, wonderful mascara

One of the main reasons for smudgy eyemake up is not taking it off thoroughly the night before, or if you're using waterproof, the emu remover will be oily so you need to make sure that you have removed all the oil form the lashes.
xxxxxx

I thought emu was some kind of amazing new brand for a minute, then I realised you meant eye make up remover!

I have to add this now because I've just tried the most wonderful eyeliner and mascara. It's by Blinc and it does NOT move until you want it to.

I really really liked the eyeliner, it's a liquid one, which I use all the time as I prefer the finish, but it's fabulous for not smudging. The mascara is the same type as mentioned above, ie tubes the lashes.

Speak to Lynne Baker as she has info on the products.hth

Latest posts

Back