Making a temporary toe nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loualarta

Reaction score
I have a client that is missing a big toe nail on one of her feet and is interested in having temporary ones made. I have read through many threads and like the sounds of geegs one where you put solar oil on and build a nail with l&p then remove it. What I wanted to know was that this lady only has a tiny stub of nail and the rest is bed/skin, so how do I apply the l&p if it cant touch the skin because of risk of overexposure. If anyone has any idea Please help. Thankyou

I was wondering this myself when i read it the other day.
I thought maybee i had not read it correctly,looking forward to the responses,good thread hun!

Over exposure? Uh haven't heard that...BUT....do have LOTS of experience in this issue. Two ways of doing it. You can do it like I do and just apply L&P, directly on the skin and build a perfect toenail. Stays on great and looks beautiful!

The second way, which I do on myself cause it's way easier, apply a tip to the top of the toe and basically do an overlay on what use to be a toenail.

Do everything just like you do on a fingernail. Remove oil from whats left of her toenail, prime, then sculpt away. This is fabulous for clients that have ingrown toenails too! Hope this helps. If you have any questions, Private message me and I'll be glad to help! Good Luck!!! :hug:

luv2getnailed said:
Over exposure? Uh haven't heard that...BUT....do have LOTS of experience in this issue. Two ways of doing it. You can do it like I do and just apply L&P, directly on the skin and build a perfect toenail. Stays on great and looks beautiful!

The second way, which I do on myself cause it's way easier, apply a tip to the top of the toe and basically do an overlay on what use to be a toenail.

Do everything just like you do on a fingernail. Remove oil from whats left of her toenail, prime, then sculpt away. This is fabulous for clients that have ingrown toenails too! Hope this helps. If you have any questions, Private message me and I'll be glad to help! Good Luck!!! :hug:

Maybe it's too early,but would you go into more detail please,i don't understand.
Thanks

luv2getnailed said:

yep thats how i did it she had say hail a nail on het toe and i applied a tip like a finger.I was really worried for weeks about doing it as i hadent done one before but it looked really good.

If I apply a tip I cant pop it off for her can I? I want to make her a few so that she controls when she can take them on and off. The tech she used to go to did it like this for her last year for her hols, she spent a lot of time in the sea and eventually the tip came off and she lost it, if she had had another few in her room it wouldnt have been a problem as she just could have stuck another on. This is what I want to achieve.

Hi guys, I dont know if the pic on the following Nail Gallery Page is as severely damaged as the one that you're referring to, but it looks pretty bad to me, please see the 'permanently damaged nail' before and after. Jackie did the repair on a client recently and I must say I was gobsmacked with the result. If you want to know more, send her a pm (jackiemc), I'm sure she'll be happy to run through it with you.

Seanny said:
Hi guys, I dont know if the pic on the following Nail Gallery Page is as severely damaged as the one that you're referring to, but it looks pretty bad to me, please see the 'permanently damaged nail' before and after. Jackie did the repair on a client recently and I must say I was gobsmacked with the result. If you want to know more, send her a pm (jackiemc), I'm sure she'll be happy to run through it with you.

Thanks I will do that later. Wow what a transformation!!

I have done some amazing temp toe nail with bio gel and sculpting forms...it comes away easy after use but you just cant tell that it is fake when its finished...it makes an amazing confidence boost to our clients at this time of the year cos they usually dont/wont wear open toe shoes.

i do a ladies toe nails. she has had her big toe nails removed due to ingrowing. I use sculpts right up to the edge of the rough bit of hard skin that is left and it works really well. she is so pleased and now wears sandals which she did'nt before. They stay on for weeks but i have made a couple of spares she carries round with her just in case. her husband thinks its hilarious!!

i've done a few of these sucessfully i do it a little different though !

I take a strip of silk and place it on the toe nail.

I snip the silk with scissors either side of the side walls so that the silk is on the nail bed like a nail and where u have snipped it is sitting on the skin 'holding it in place'.

Then overlay with gel and cure......wipe and cut off the silk thats on the sidewalls.....buff the created 'nail' and overlay in french / colour whatever.

I will try and do a pic later as its hard to describe.

BUT iT WORks.:green:

amb x

MINKUS said:
i've done a few of these sucessfully i do it a little different though !

I take a strip of silk and place it on the toe nail.

I snip the silk with scissors either side of the side walls so that the silk is on the nail bed like a nail and where u have snipped it is sitting on the skin 'holding it in place'.

Then overlay with gel and cure......wipe and cut off the silk thats on the sidewalls.....buff the created 'nail' and overlay in french / colour whatever.

I will try and do a pic later as its hard to describe.

BUT iT WORks.:green:

amb x

A pick would be great. thamks amber

Latest posts

Back