Male Back Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbee

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a male client booked in for a back wax in a weeks time, the thing is although I am confident in my waxing (have been doing it for 4 years) I have never had a back to do. Any advice would be appreciated on the technique etc...

I was thinking that I will trim the hair firstly so it is not too long and then wax using the same principals as for anywhere else on the body, would this be ok??

Thanks for all you help and advice.

:eek:

hi for back wax its same as any other warm waxing technique as in applying the wax with the hair growth and removing against however since the hairs on the back can be long if you want you can trim them first but still leave them long enough for the wax to grip to. also the back has lot off sweat glands making it prone to sweat so before hand i would apply talc also hairs can grow in different directs so just break it up to sections but its very straight forward you will have no problens

Hi,

I have a male client booked in for a back wax in a weeks time, the thing is although I am confident in my waxing (have been doing it for 4 years) I have never had a back to do. Any advice would be appreciated on the technique etc...

I was thinking that I will trim the hair firstly so it is not too long and then wax using the same principals as for anywhere else on the body, would this be ok??

Thanks for all you help and advice.

:eek:

Check out this brilliant waxing tutorial done by the wonderful Andy (Axion)... back waxing is clearly explained.

http://www.salongeek.com/beauty-tutorials/40519-gorilla-warfare.html

Good luck.. you will be fine. :hug:

When I wax my boyfriends back it doesn't usually require trimming as he has it done regularly.
I waxed a friend of mine and the trimming took longer than the waxing! He had very LONG straight fine hair all over his back. He said that no one had ever trimmed him before, once he's been done he said that it was a lot less painful this time, I don't know if that has anything to do with the trimming.

The backs not too bad to do, its a nice flat area to do. You have to watch out for the directions of the hair as they can be a bit all over the place. xx

i always wax down the center of the back first down to the base of the spine and remove.

i then do one side then the other.

with the middle part removed it them gives you a clean line to work from.

hth

i always wax down the center of the back first down to the base of the spine and remove.

i then do one side then the other.

with the middle part removed it them gives you a clean line to work from.

hth

Great tip! xxx

Latest posts

Back