Male requesting groin massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josie34

Reaction score
Call me cynical, but I'm afraid I don't do male groin and glute massage. I'm not a deep tissue therapist, I only offer Swedish.

Had a male today acting astounded that I refused to massage his groin. He wanted to be naked on the bed. I explained politely that he may wish to use a male therapist or a sport massage therapist but sorry, I don't do groins or buttocks on male clients. I'm a freelancer working from home. Though I spent years in salons, and not once in all the time I worked in a salon did anyone do groin massage on males.

Does anyone else refuse to do this? Just curious.

Was this on the phone or was it actually during an appointment?!

You done the right thing, lots of weirdos out there perhaps he was hoping for a happy ending! Yak!

Refuse it, I'm sure it doesn't even exist under "normal" circumstances. You did the right thing hopefully he will go away and not come back! Never once have I been for a massage and it's my favourite thing ever so I've been to loads has the therapist casually said "would you like me to massage your groin". Plain and simple it's weird he needs to get on his bike!! Xxx

Refuse it, I'm sure it doesn't even exist under "normal" circumstances. You did the right thing hopefully he will go away and not come back! Never once have I been for a massage and it's my favourite thing ever so I've been to loads has the therapist casually said "would you like me to massage your groin". Plain and simple it's weird he needs to get on his bike!! Xxx

You know, I wonder about some men. I asked him to remove his clothes but keep his underwear on...standard for most therapists, I'd assume. It's what I've always done. The last salon I worked in never once allowed therapists to massage either naked men or groin areas. All I asked him to do was keep his underwear on. I'm getting to the stage where this kind of thing makes me really angry. I have many genuine male clients who have absolutely no problem with what I do and what areas I massage. It's stated quite plainly on my adverts and on my website what areas are massaged. Grrrrrr!

And this is why some women won't treat any men. Cos every now and again we come up against creeps.

This is exactly the type of weirdo that causes female therapists to be reluctant to treat me and other males :-(

To ask during the appointment is weird. I'm always careful to find out what a therapist will and won't do before booking.

And this is why some women won't treat any men. Cos every now and again we come up against creeps.

True. As a freelancer, I get many requests for sexual massage. It's kind of starting to wear me down.

This is exactly the type of weirdo that causes female therapists to be reluctant to treat me and other males :-(

To ask during the appointment is weird. I'm always careful to find out what a therapist will and won't do before booking.

In my experience it's as though they hope to just fall lucky. I've only ever had one guy on the phone specifically request a groin massage. The others have hoped to get one at the appointment. Most of them just say, OK, when I refuse and we get on with it, and all is fine. This one was emphatic about getting naked. When I suggested he seek out sports massage, he said, 'Yeah but they're really expensive!'

I was very professional and didn't call him what I thought of him. T***!

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience it's as though they hope to just fall lucky. I've only ever had one guy on the phone specifically request a groin massage. The others have hoped to get one at the appointment. Most of them just say, OK, when I refuse and we get on with it, and all is fine. This one was emphatic about getting naked. When I suggested he seek out sports massage, he said, 'Yeah but they're really expensive!'

I was very professional and didn't call him what I thought of him. T***!

Yeah sounds like a total creep. If I was wanting for example intimate waxing if be very careful to ensure te therapist was happy to do it first. We're not all pervs after a happy ending. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
what a creep!!! I had that request when id just started my furst job and I gotta say I was really uncomfortable massaging men for a long time after it. It's so degrading and an insult to our profession. Maybe could you do a quick consultation on the phone when they book and try work out if they sound ick. ask what the main areas of discomfort are and then somehow let them know that on the leg you only massage up to mid thigh or wherever and see what they say. you could say "just to make you aware I only do Swedish Massage and this means I only go midway up the thigh and leave the buttocks out. " I'd imagine most normal guys would appreciate your freelance and need to be careful. better than ending up alone with some creep in a scary situation.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using SalonGeek mobile app

what a creep!!! I had that request when id just started my furst job and I gotta say I was really uncomfortable massaging men for a long time after it. It's so degrading and an insult to our profession. Maybe could you do a quick consultation on the phone when they book and try work out if they sound ick. ask what the main areas of discomfort are and then somehow let them know that on the leg you only massage up to mid thigh or wherever and see what they say. you could say "just to make you aware I only do Swedish Massage and this means I only go midway up the thigh and leave the buttocks out. " I'd imagine most normal guys would appreciate your freelance and need to be careful. better than ending up alone with some creep in a scary situation.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, I do say all that. this guy was late 50's, early 60's very very chatty and pleasant. He mentioned his aching calves, and that's all. I guess I fell for it. But how was I to know? It's like I say, I think a lot of them just want to get through the door first, then try their luck.

I never, ever treat male clients without my husband in the house.

I never, ever treat male clients without my husband in the house.

Completely understandable and at the same time such a shame it had to be that way.

If it happens again just say " are you ready for your groin massage...ill just get big dave he does those" lol

I work out at the gym a lot and after leg day I really appreciate a leg & glute massage. I always remove my underwear for treatments - facials or massage. Im more comfortable and relaxed and also it is a lot easier to do a glute massage with no underwear then with boxers.

Some guys do suffer groin injuries but this is usually related to sport injuries and would be declared at booking / consultation. And even then they would usually look for a sports therapist.

In this case of op I'd have ended the treatment if I had even 1% the client wasn't genuine.

I work out at the gym a lot and after leg day I really appreciate a leg & glute massage. I always remove my underwear for treatments - facials or massage. Im more comfortable and relaxed and also it is a lot easier to do a glute massage with no underwear then with boxers.

Some guys do suffer groin injuries but this is usually related to sport injuries and would be declared at booking / consultation. And even then they would usually look for a sports therapist.

In this case of op I'd have ended the treatment if I had even 1% the client wasn't genuine.

You take your pants off to get a facial done?!

Why is that such a shock? I sleep at home naked, i find it so much easier to relax and am more comfortable.

The usual salon / spas I visit use a duvet for facial clients to snuggle under. I certainly wouldn't wear trousers or socks under it, so why bother with pants? I want to relax and ideally fall asleep so like to be as comfortable as possible.

Noooooo. I wouldn't feel happy snuggling under a duvet knowing the previous occupant had taken his pants off. :eek:

Just Nooooooo. :irked:

Latest posts

Back