% Male Spray Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemjem33

Reaction score
Hi,
New to tanning and using LA tan. Going off the colour I have 12% when I have one i know my guy wouldnt want to be that coulour...I dont think the tone is quite right for a guy.
What tans and % have you used for a natural 'male' looking tan?
I know a lot of his friends will want a secret spray every now and again so want a colour that isnt too obvious just to give a Man a natural sun kissed colour if that makes sense.
Thanks in adavance for any ideas.x

I have sprayed a few men in 10%, 12% LA Tan & FAST.

One of my male clients had a 12% tan just before he went back to work after a week off and the staff he worked with wouldn't believe he had not been broad on his week off as they said his tan was so natural looking.

What percent you use will vary on their natural skin tone just as it would with a woman, to be honest I wouldn't treat or think of tanning a man any diferently than I would tanning a woman in terms of what percent to use.

Ok i will try out the 10% and 12% on him first. Im soooooo new to this I can only really go of what it was like when I have had it, just thought it might be a bit too dark/fake looking. I appriciate what you say, I suppose its just down to trial and error, got a feeling he is going to be an array of colours for the forseeable future. Just wanted to see if anyone had a particular favourite for men. Thanks for your advice x

I agree with Baggy bear, I wouldnt treat it any different to a woman, both women and men have there own preference as to how dark or light they want their tan to be, just go with what you think is best for that client :) x

Hey, if its his first spray tan id go with 10% first because from personal preference a guy doesnt like to be as tanned as the girl stood next to him lol xx

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

yes thats what I mean, I know my guy wouldnt want to be the colour I use, just want to see if there is a prefered colour out there that people have found men to use. thanks and sorry if I sound dumb but I know what women are like for certain shade etc, wondering if men were the same.x

I would go 10% as mentioned before the guys 1st tan you dont wanna scare him!! n he can always go darker nxt time :)

i recently tanned my 1st man :) n i found he went much darker with the 10% than his sister that had a 12% (although i use suntana)

hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back