male therapist looking for opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time-to-relax

Reaction score
i am a male therapist looking to go mobile to offices to do chair acupressure
any advice on approaching potential clients would be greatfully received

hi and welcome to the site...

you could hand out some leaflets in these offices, or put a poster on their notice board?

I would write a letter to their HR department including all info:benefits, prices, set up e.t.c as they will probably be the ones to decide. I would call up the companys to ask for the name of the head of HR or if they don't have a specific department ask who would be best to write to, as when you write to a specific person you are more likely to get a response. This would work better than cold calling as they have a chance to think it over. I know some offices have an onsite therapist with a specific treatment room, you could explain that you could use a conference room for so many hours a week/month. I would be very specific about the details as it will help them to see how it would be possible to accomodate you. :)

What about starting off working for a company that offers onsite massages there is probably one that supplies therapists for your areas.I think it works that you register with them and they contact you when you are needed and then they take a commision.

I would write a letter to their HR department including all info:benefits, prices, set up e.t.c as they will probably be the ones to decide. I would call up the companys to ask for the name of the head of HR or if they don't have a specific department ask who would be best to write to, as when you write to a specific person you are more likely to get a response. This would work better than cold calling as they have a chance to think it over. I know some offices have an onsite therapist with a specific treatment room, you could explain that you could use a conference room for so many hours a week/month. I would be very specific about the details as it will help them to see how it would be possible to accomodate you. :)

this is a good idea

i think if you really sell the idea it could work for you

I used to work in a very large Head Office 2000+ staff and they had all sorts of visiting people to the office, including beauty, Indian Head Massage, book sellers, clothes sellers etc

I would say keep the treatments quite short 30-45 mins max as although in big head offices flexi-time is generally in operation, managers don't like their staff disappearing for hours on end to have treatments.

I'd contact HR Departments as a first port of call....as what you do isn't something run of the mill you stand a good chance of getting in, offering something different.

Then think about marketing yourself, posters for notice boards etc plus a regular global e-mail to all staff if that's allowed.

HTH

thank you to everyone for there responses so far to a newbie great food for thought i will be keeping each persons session to 20 mins but have a min amount of time per company hopefully half a day

Welcome to the site time to relax from a fellow bradfordian, good luck with your venture it sounds like a really good idea :hug:

Welcome to the site.

You have some great advice already. Call centres are a good option as they are keen to shed their sweat shop image and sitting answering calls all day can be stressful.

Good luck :hug:

ive been practicing for 5 years now i wish id known about this site a long time ago im in heaven lol its great to see so many people with the same enthusiasm as me and love of there art

I was in a bar in london over xmas and saw someone doing mini on chair massages while people were having a drink. I thought this was a fab idea as I bet she made a few quid! just thought i'd share that with you as there are so many places i think your idea would work. I think offices would be great. I would probably write a letter to companies and go from there. Hope it works out for you!

I was in a bar in london over xmas and saw someone doing mini on chair massages while people were having a drink. I thought this was a fab idea as I bet she made a few quid! just thought i'd share that with you as there are so many places i think your idea would work. I think offices would be great. I would probably write a letter to companies and go from there. Hope it works out for you!

I bet they do make a few quid which is anoying as very few are trained therapists they just get a short "master class" and alcohol should not be drunk before or after a massage!

:)

Latest posts

Back