Male waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I'm used to waxing men - back, chest, arms etc, but I have a guy in for a wax today for a full leg and underarm. Am I being old fashioned to think this is a tad strange? He doesnt sound gay and he was so natural booking the appointment! What do you think?
Just curious - How does a gay man sound??

I'm a little late coming in on this thread but feel that Lori Nestore's words are most appropriate to this situation. This is what she has to say on the subject (not necessarily word perfect!) :-

"Why do they want to get waxed? Because they want the hair gone. I never wanted to get any deeper than that, I still feel that way. Will somebody come in on time, clean, will they use at home what I tell them to use, will they come back as often as I tell them to, will they pay me!? That's what I care about. I still feel that way. I don't care why, I'd prefer not to know why."

Nice quote Zoe and yeah sounds about right.

He doesnt sound gay! What do you think?

I think that's the most offensive and bigoted statement I've ever read here. :mad:

How dare you judge a male customer on such grounds? Who the heck do you think you are?

Hair is hair and customers need therapists. Professional ones don't judge. I am very angry to read your ignorant remark. Grrrrrr.

On a serious note, if you're not comfortable waxing men, then don't. You can't pre-judge clients on whether you think they might be gay. It makes no difference either way. I don't care who walks through my door as long as they walk out bald and they pay me.

I think that's the most offensive and bigoted statement I've ever read here. :mad:

How dare you judge a male customer on such grounds? Who the heck do you think you are?

Hair is hair and customers need therapists. Professional ones don't judge. I am very angry to read your ignorant remark. Grrrrrr.

I'm sorry to butt in a bit here but I think some people are being a little harsh. (not just this quote above but it was the most recent to my post). Yes Suzanne made a flippant remark but she has apologised (several times) should anyone have taken offence. I think what's important here is that someone has asked for advice on a site that's been designed for exactly that and although you may not agree with her comments while asking for advice, think of the situation she has been in. Please know that I'm not trying to upset anyone or get into a silly argument, I just think it's important that she not be made to apologise to each person individually.

Suzanne, if you're comfortable waxing men then fab but I would certainly agree with previous posts that if you're a bit nervous for any reason then it may be best to have an assistant nearby for the duration of your appointment.

I'm sure it will be fine though ... we all had to experience a 'first' at some point and we still get the odd client throwing us a curveball but it's one huge learning curve...enjoy! :Love:

Latest posts

Back