Manchester - how was the show?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was some really good offers on.
There was a huge que at S2 when i was there. But I'm not surprised, as even I thought the shellac kit with lamp was a great price.

They had some fab glitters at the glitter tattoo stand at a bargain basement £1!

So glad I went.

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Haha me too we r covered im glitter tatoos! They stay on in the shower lol great for kids for Halloween :)

we thought it was fab and after starting off walkin round at 9.30 our feet were killing. Got my glitzy lips and new retention + powders and loads of glitter and stood for ages at the callus peel stand as thought it would be perfect treatment for mum decided against it then kicked myself when i got home and should have bought it after all lol never mind will order on line hardly any difference on price. Now to start saving for next show hehe.

hi,does anyone know if they have the Shellac kits on offer for those who couldnt make the show

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,does anyone know if they have the shellac kits on offer for those who couldnt make the show

No I would imagine the Shellac kit offer is for show only and not available otherwise...best thing to do will be to ring S2 as they will give you a definite answer :)

Kxx

hi,does anyone know if they have the shellac kits on offer for those who couldnt make the show

Unfortunately show offers are just that, show offers:green:

However, the new colours are still available from S2 as a set saving you ££ :biggrin:

I wasn't that impressed TBH.

I expected it to be bigger than Beauty UK but I thought it was smaller??

I ordered quite a bit from Beauty Express as VAT free, which I discovered I could have done online anyway throughout October, although there isn't anything on their website saying that?? Plus 7-10 days delivery time?! Might have been quicker to order online.

I wasn't buying Shellac but wanted a few bits from S2 so thought I'd nip up to the till to ask if I could get X Y & Z and the woman was SO snotty! She was like 'oh the queue starts there' and i said yes just wanted to check I can get these before I queue and she was like 'were showcasing Shellac'

Fair do's but are the Pushie's not a rather important tool if your getting Shellac?! But seriously she didn't need to sound like such a snob when talking to a potential customer!

I found the Callus Peel stand, was tucked away at the back. Met Eve Taylor - tiny little thing isn't she?! And bought some ET Candles for doing hand / foot massage. Quite impressed with the little ION wand thing, didn't realise they were for retailing to clients too!

Overall I think I will stick to Beauty UK as it's so much closer and seemed bigger. I might pop to one of the London shows too as missed Olympia this year due to holiday.

One plus was we went to a 'All day for £5' car park, told it was full so carried on driving and managed to find 1 pay n display place and with it being Sunday was FREE yey!

Just wondered if there were any great offers? Can't decide if I Shud make the journey timmorrow?

I enjoyed it but it wasn't as big as last year I don't think... I'm sure there were more stands.

It depends on what you want. ET have 10% off orders of the set of new Advanced Skincare, 5% off complete startup kits. Perron Rigot have 20% off across the board. So great if you want these, pants if you don't. No idea what the other companies are offering.

Oh and Hive have some great prices on heaters and Beauty Express some great offers too.

Mat

So lovely to have met you x

Hey,
Well i met Mrs Geek herself lol, i was quite literally star struck lol,
I bought some delicious new Shellacs, cant wait to get going on them,
Tripped up, well went flying in front of everybody in the CND, que:lol:
And some great advice and tips from the team
Thankyou ladies xx

OMG, I met the Sweets and was so starstruck. I got hugs from them both yay x

Got my new Shellac colours, Callus Peel kit and booked on Lava Shell course. Also found out Su-Do have brought out some new tans so am getting samples for that too

Gutted! I couldn't find Su-Do nor get close enough to Lava Shell, way too many people :-(

Really great to meet the Sweets, Matt Taylor and Fozzyo and see Marie Reynolds, Zingara and Ashleigh from JI again - gutted didn't meet ET though.

Great day, tiring though. Back and legs aching and my bank balance is very undernourished lol

X

I loved it, thought it was fab and was a lot better than last year

Only queued for S2 for about 10 mins and got everything I needed - I thought the Minx display was amazing having all on show - I just wished they had taken their new glitters but I know they could stock everything

Time flew looking at all stands and having treatments, got my teeth whitened twice, eyelash extensions, eyebrows sorted, crystals in my hair and a lovely manicure - got a free lip balm and a lolly and I also managed to collect 4 devil fork stick thingys, not much use really apart from to poke my way through the crowds :lol: (the kids ended up with them so i guess they had their use) so all in all apart from sore feet, longer arms from carting about the 3 million catalogues I collected and £14.40 for a car park I loved every minute :biggrin: x

OMG, I met the Sweets and was so starstruck. I got hugs from them both yay x

I was served by Gmg and did come over all starstruck! Thought it was just me! Spotted Mrs Geek a couple of times too! They are the biz - no other brand has that kind of charisma does it?

Haha me too we r covered im glitter tatoos! They stay on in the shower lol great for kids for Halloween :)

What was the name of the Glitter Tattoo supplier? I cannot remember and really need to know ASAP x

What was the name of the Glitter Tattoo supplier? I cannot remember and really need to know ASAP x

It's ok, I found it and have placed an order... Woohoo!

Would you mind telling me the name of the supplier?? I saw them at the show but didn't get their info :)
Thanks xx

hi girls ,

where can i buy the callus peel , everyone seems to b getting, is it to buy and sell, or a treatment for clients. thanks i couldnt make it this year, although i never normally miss.

x

hi girls ,

where can i buy the callus peel , everyone seems to b getting, is it to buy and sell, or a treatment for clients. thanks i couldnt make it this year, although i never normally miss.

x

Hiya,
I got mine at the show from beauty-select. I'm only offering in salon at the moment, either as part of a pedicure or as a stand alone treatment.
I'm not doing they many pedicures at the moment but I have used it once this week and it gave good results on very dry heels.
Hth :)

Would you mind telling me the name of the supplier?? I saw them at the show but didn't get their info :)
Thanks xx

Sorry hun only just seen this...

GlitterBox was the stall but it's glitterbodyart and they are based in Wales.

I found them on Pro Beauty website, the floor plan, then found the website through the A-Z.

H x

It was the first show I'd been to so really enjoyed it, spent far too much though!! Lol only bit I didn't enjoy was some of the young students (not all!!) had really bad attitude!! One even shouted in my face "MOVE" she flounced off before I could see her badge & see where she was from!!! Next year I will go on a Sunday to avoid the attitude!!!

Does anyone no wat the theme for showcase nail art is at the london show??

Does anyone no wat the theme for showcase nail art is at the london show??

I don't personally but is it on the website yet? Try there if no response x

Latest posts

Back