Mani-Q Gel, can colour be added?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also use mani q clear gel mixed with polish had great results, have also just invested in the new mani q colour gel polish range. :cool:

I tried mixing opi nail polish and IBD clear builder gel last night.
It didn't work even though I cured it for the recommended time. It didn't harden off als all, it was just soft, flexible and didn't stick.
Maybe it only works with Mani-Q or maybe I did something wrong.
Any ideas?

Think you can only use mani q clear gel :idea:

Here you go

Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK - Mani Q Gel Polish Step By Step

Step by step mixing ManiQ clear with regular nail polish.
And it works a treat, the colours are endless, you can add glitter and finally use up all your polishes wasting away in your drawer

We now use the ManiQ Top Coat to finish off. this is the Soak Off Gel in a bottle

Hope this helps
L

Hi Lisa,when using the mani q top coat at end is this an extra step or does it replace a step? :idea:

Just follow your steps as usual,
prep, application, but instead of using original mani.q as your top layer use Mani.Q clear. Thge shine is amazing and doesnt dull!

Love Mani.Q soak of colours and cant wait for the spring jewel collection :D

xxx

Use the ManiQ Top in place of the Young Nails Finish..
If you have it, but both work fine.
Finish is a file and buff off gel, whereas ManiQ Top will soak off.
Both super super shine though

Lisa, could you give the timings for an LED lamp please.

I had heard about this and took along an OPI polish to Excel last weekend. I had one of the Young Nails trainers demonstrate the system on me. So far it has lasted as well as all the other gel polish nails I had done on the day. It is just as shiney, applied just as quickly and has no wear showing so far. The colour is very true to the original OPI polish.

The demonstrator mixed it 50/50 polish and Mani-Q clear gel.

I bought some and have tried it three times now - it works really well. I am applying a base coat of Mani-Q clear, two coats of the polish gel mix and then a top coat of Mani-Q clear. You can only mix as much as you need for one application as the polish dries.

A good tip I got from another website is to use a flat brush to apply the mix.

stretje: I am really envious that you actually had Greg himself apply yours! I would have loved that.

I think I watched your demo... was it a deep red OPI you had put on? looked lovely.

The mix did start to thicken a little after applying to the one nail but the demonstrator just added a little more maniQ to loosen it back up. It probably was the polish evaporating in the warmth.

I think I watched your demo... was it a deep red OPI you had put on? looked lovely.

The mix did start to thicken a little after applying to the one nail but the demonstrator just added a little more maniQ to loosen it back up. It probably was the polish evaporating in the warmth.

Yeah, that was me! Its still perfect on day 10.

LED times....we tend to do a double cure on the base gel layer and 30 secs each colour.

Also finding that 'dry brushing' after the last colour is cured and before the ManiQ Top goes on helps prevent the colour bleeding onto your top coat bristles

theres been a lot of interest in the maniQ Gel/Polish Mix and I hope you get a chance to play with it.
Apart from the bonus of using up all those excess polishes and being able to turn your clients fav colour into a gel/polish you have the added advantage of being able to press in a little glitter for that extra sparkle!
It definately means that your colour choice in now endless!!
:biggrin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back