Mani-q with polish application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a way to use mani-q clear with normal polish without mixing the 2 together? Can I sandwich the polish in between layers of mani-q, or does that not work?

I've tried searching for this but can't find the answer!

Thanks.

hi hun

i read something about this on young nails uk facebook page so you could have a little look on there. also you could email lisa dodd at yn she will let you know the steps.

hth xxx

You can sandwich it, after base then do a top coat and dry brush, apply 2 coats of polish letting one dry before applying the second, let the second dry and then apply final top coat. See the problem? Takes too long and you will find that it is not totally hard to the touch when finished, takes about another 12 hours to harden properly.

I did the 50/50 mix with top coat and polish today and it is perfect! I thought it might dilute the colour but it didn't and it looked wonderful. I can use all my favourite colours again now without any extra time or worry that it hasn't cured to a hard shiney finish! :D

I did the 50/50 mix with top coat and polish today and it is perfect! I thought it might dilute the colour but it didn't and it looked wonderful. I can use all my favourite colours again now without any extra time or worry that it hasn't cured to a hard shiney finish! :D

Hello Lovely Lady

I read about this on facebook today. sorry if im asking a stupid :o but will this stand up like a two week manicure.

love n hugs xxx

I don't have base coat and top coat as I didn't buy the mani-q colour. I've got the clear that comes in a pot.

If that is the original ManiQ soak off gel then you can mix that 50/50 too but it is not quite the same as the top coat mix. I have done both and both work but the application today was amazing. If you do it with the one you have you will still need a top coat.

Mrs Happyfeet, hello! Yes it will stand up the same so this opens up a wonderful world for those of us with polishes left from the old days LOL! It does have to be applied with the base first of course and I did a top coat over the top of the colour coats and it was fabulous. To be honest I was surprised at how beautiful it was. I used 'I've Red The Script' by OPI today as it is one of my all time favourites and was delighted. :D

If I mix it 50/50 would I apply one coat of clear, then the mixed colour then finish with clear? Or have I got this all wrong?

You will still need a base coat and top coat. Are you experienced in gels? They are not as simple as they may seem and need to be applied properly to adhere to the natural nail.

If you have no gel qualifications but have only manicure/pedicure certificate then you would be far better off buying the ManiQ Base and Top Coats. I think you will be disappointed otherwise and your insurance will not cover you for gel application without a qualification.:D

I only do l&p but wanted to try this as a stronger alternative to shellac. I was planning on calling my insurance company in the morning to ask about that anyway, but I still want to try it on my own nails.

Mrs Happyfeet, hello! Yes it will stand up the same so this opens up a wonderful world for those of us with polishes left from the old days LOL! It does have to be applied with the base first of course and I did a top coat over the top of the colour coats and it was fabulous. To be honest I was surprised at how beautiful it was. I used 'I've Red The Script' by OPI today as it is one of my all time favourites and was delighted. :D

Oh Christ this is another thing i need to add to my list of things to buy! The opi colours i have would be lovely with this especially the gorgeous blue one! I feel i may also be a bit of a polish magpie as well. Love the opi colours so I've not got as much reason to feel guilty when i buy more as can always put with maniq Oh sheila what have you started lmao! Santa may just have a sack full of nail goodies he won't be able to fit down the chimney this year! X x x

This is why I love youngs nails products, so versatile, I was considering purchasing a pot of Chromagel so that all my beautiful Sparitual polishes didn't have to remain on the rack collecting dust, but now I don't have to. Hooray :-D

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I know this is probably a basic question but I am new to Mani q but what do you use to get the polish and gel out, what do you then put it into and what do you use to put it on the nails.

Many thanks

You can just use the brush to drip the top coat and polish into a container or I have even used some tin foil and then mix together. You can use a gel brush but even better is an old nail polish brush to apply to the nails.

You can buy little empty gel pots from Young Nails or even on the dreaded ebay which are not transparent, to keep the gel/polish mix in if you mix too much. :D

You can just use the brush to drip the top coat and polish into a container or I have even used some tin foil and then mix together. You can use a gel brush but even better is an old nail polish brush to apply to the nails.

You can buy little empty gel pots from Young Nails or even on the dreaded ebay which are not transparent, to keep the gel/polish mix in if you mix too much. :D

i know this is slightly old but i have a question for you. my dear dad has given me a tiny bit of cash as i want a gel that i can mix my own polish with. what's best here? that you find xxx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

i know this is slightly old but i have a question for you. my dear dad has given me a tiny bit of cash as i want a gel that i can mix my own polish with. what's best here? that you find xxx

I would go with the mani q gel from Youngs, its great on its own or mixed with polish.

Use a metal spatula to scoop a little gel from pot onto a clean ceramic tile, then blend an equal amount of nail polish, use spatula to scrape up the gel mix and put into a clean opaque gel pot so you can keep and use again.

Youngs products are fab and the staff are really helpful too if you have any questions or problems. X

I would go with the mani q gel from Youngs, its great on its own or mixed with polish.

Use a metal spatula to scoop a little gel from pot onto a clean ceramic tile, then blend an equal amount of nail polish, use spatula to scrape up the gel mix and put into a clean opaque gel pot so you can keep and use again.

Youngs products are fab and the staff are really helpful too if you have any questions or problems. X

What products do i buy along side it to use. I emailed yn last Tuesday and still haven't had a response x

You can mix with the ManiQ top coat for the gel polish effect or with the original ManiQ soak off gel in the pot for a bit of structure. You will need the base and Protein Bond for the free edge too. :wink2:

i want to offer a tough manicure on gel enhancements and natural nails. but i want to be able to use all my polishs i don't get much use out of....

Im I on the right track?

Yes you are my darling. Have a look in the Gel Polish Lovers group and you will see more details on this and what others think of it. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back