Manicure assignment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyz247

Reaction score
how would you adatp your treatment to meet the needs of the following adverse treatable nail conditions not otherwise conta-indicated? include recommendations for heat treatments.
1, minor corrugated furrows.
2, split or brittle nails
3, hang nails.
4, excessively dry cuticles

i need to have this in for tomorrow and i am struggling with it.
i am stuggling on 3 questions.
can you help?

Hi Amy, really sorry but geeks are not here to do you homework I'm afraid, is it not covered in your text book? try googling it hth xx

how would you adatp your treatment to meet the needs of the following adverse treatable nail conditions not otherwise conta-indicated? include recommendations for heat treatments.
1, minor corrugated furrows.
2, split or brittle nails
3, hang nails.
4, excessively dry cuticles

i need to have this in for tomorrow and i am struggling with it.
i am stuggling on 3 questions.
can you help?

Sarah has let you know the Geek position on this...but don't despair I am sure this information will be in one of your reference books as it is reasonably basic stuff. You have obviously just hit a wall at the moment lol!!

As Sarah says google some of it and I am sure you will come up with some answers...off the top of my head if someone had slight furrows on her nails then I would have to use a ridgefiller as my basecoat instead of an ordinary basecoat.....
Good Luck

hi amy and welcome to the Geek site:hug:

as Sarah says we won't do your homework for you! Sorry, you weren't to know as this was your first post. Don't let that put you off, you will find lotsof info on here.

Just to help you a little, what do you think the answer might be? What course are you doing? what workbooks or handouts have you received from your tutor? Tell us a little more and we may be able to help guide you without telling you the answer if you know what I mean:green:
:hug:

A hangnail is when a small piece of skin splits away from the cuticle wall.
It can be caused by a client catching there hands on fabrics e.g. clothes. It can also be caused by the client not cutting back their cuticles therefore as the nail grows the cuticle will stretch as the nail grow and then would snap and become loose.
Sometimes hang nail can be sore and start to bleed.

If I was to treat a client who had a hang nail condition I would do the following treatment.

1. Sanitise my hands and also the clients hand and removal of any jewellery the client may have on.

2. I would advise the client to have a warm oil treatment as this is good for the skin, cuticles and fragile nails. The warm oil treatment will make the skin and cuticles very sort which will allow me to work better with the hangnails. Using a warm oil treatment will benefit the client as it will make the hangnail less sore and allow me to remove the hangnails with ease.

3. Cut and shape the nails

4. Apply cuticle cream and then soak the nails. After ten min I would then remove the hand from the soap and dry the hands properly.

5. Apply cuticle remover using a cotton pad rapped around an orange stick.

6. I would then use the hoof stick whilst being very careful of the hang nail.

7. Use the cuticle knife to remove any dead skin around the edge of the nail plate.

8. I would then use the massage routine.

9. I would then buff the nail to give a nice finish to the nail or I could polish the nails rather than buff.

what do u think

Hi Amy,

Sorry if you felt I was being unhelpful but geeks are not here to do homework as you wont learn anything that way, but perhaps I could have been more helpful to point you in the right direction.
What you have so far looks good, I personally (if the hangnail is sticking up or flapping about lol) would snip it off with cuticle nippers hth xx

sorry i forgot to put that in glad u saw it lol do i put that in after stage 5 ?

As the college teaches slightly different from CND mine my vary from you process, personally I would

1. sanatise, my hands and clients
2. remove any polish (if client has any on)
3. shape nail
4. apply cuticle remove
5.using my CND curette and double ended pushie (way better than cutilce knife btw!) to remove cuticle (which is dead sknin on nail)
6.If hang nail is still there (as depending where is is sometimes in the fold at the side wall, may have been removed)
7. if not removed gently snip off with cuticle nippers
8. scrubfresh nail (this is a nail plate cleanser and gets rid of any trace of cuticle eraser)
9. polish if required
10. apply solar oil liberally to nails to dry polish and the skin around (cuticle oil and massage in gently but not toching polish, )
hth xx

i see thanks a lot chick.

Latest posts

Back