Manicure bowls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicDox

NicDox
Reaction score
How do you ladies soak your clients hands for a mani. I'm finding it very awkward and cans seem to find the right bowel that is comfortable.

I don't tend to soak clients hands anymore. I find it causes the nail to swell leading to the polish chipping. I use cuticle away which does the job perfectly and then have a squirty bottle with soap and water to cleanse the nail after and remove product. No need for soaking, and no wrinkly fingers ☺️ Xx

I do all of that as well but I was taught by my CND educator that if clients want a luxury mani I should perform it backwards. ie do my pep and Shellac first then do the luxury side of it. My clients still want to have a soak, hand scrub, heated mitts etc. I'm thinking of getting rid of the water side and maybe doing paraffin wax instead. The water bowel is so awkward.

Ok so I'm taking it that no one else does 'wet/water' manicures?

I don't soak anymore either. I do the same as the above poster xx

I soak x

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

I offer a luxury manicure which involves soaking - I use a plastic bowl (from salon direct I think) - seems to be fine. If a client has particularly Over grown cuticles I use a bowl where clients can just put their fingers in - the lid has got holes in. Hope that helps

I soak,it has a small thumb nail hole and a larger one for 4 fingers,just off eBay,its perfect,but I don't soak for long

I soak in a luxury manicure and I use CND milk bath. I use a small glass bowl with the milk bath in and put it into a bigger glass bowl full of hot water so it keeps it warm xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't soak. I haven't soaked for years. My clients can wear regular nail polish longer without the nail absorbing the water. It doesn't take long at all before the nail plate starts swelling from soaking

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

If I'm doing a luxury manicure I still wouldn't soak as for the above reason. I use a wooden pedi bowl (from Ellisons) rest my clients arms over the bowl and ladle off the scrub. Still no soaking. For the mask removal I have a hot cabbie I keep heated mitts in and remove with those. I see soaking the nails as something you would do at collage. Just my opinion. I know a lot of therapists still soak.

So if people don't soak, what procedure do people use?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok so we all know the reasons why we don't soak. So if we can just move past that. I really just want to know what kind of "bowel" people use. I'm using a large glass bowel and it's really uncomfortable for the clients. Any way thanks for your replies.

I have a little finger soaker thing from eBay. I use it for acrylic soak offs as well x

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

When I used one in the past, it was this one from Salon Services x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395304383.761604.jpg

Before you embark on your search for the perfect manicure bowl, you might want to check the spelling hun. Asking your clients to put their hands in a bowel for a luxury manicure is an entirely different thing altogether ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist xxx

Before you embark on your search for the perfect manicure bowl, you might want to check the spelling hun. Asking your clients to put their hands in a bowel for a luxury manicure is an entirely different thing altogether ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist xxx

This has just made my day :) I typed I was ironing ****s once instead of shirts! Had me laughing for hours.

Back to topic I use the same one as posted above plastic think from salon services, it's more of a dunk than a soak though HTH

Hi geeks

I haven't done any manicures with soak.
I only do dry on with CND cuticle remover.

Some people think if there's not a soak included it's not a manicure!
Obviously I explain the expanding of nail etc.

What is your procedure for a manicure without soaking? And what would you charge? Because I've been told if there's no soak why is it a certain price!

Hi geeks

I haven't done any manicures with soak.
I only do dry on with CND cuticle remover.

Some people think if there's not a soak included it's not a manicure!
Obviously I explain the expanding of nail etc.

What is your procedure for a manicure without soaking? And what would you charge? Because I've been told if there's no soak why is it a certain price!

For just shellac I file, apply cuticle away and do cuticle work. Remove with soap and water in a squirty bottle. Scrub fresh, apply shellac, desperse, apply solar oil. Which is £25.

If someone wants a lux mani with shellac (I don't really get alot of these tbh) I do as above, then exfoliate arms and hands - I fill a wooden pedi bowl with water and ladle off the scrub while the client rests there arms on the bowl. I then apply hand mask to one hand and massage the other, remove mask with heated mitts and repeat on the other hand. Apply moisturiser and solar oil. This is £32

I don't really see why they would expect a cheaper service because they're not getting a soak? It's just a bowl of tap water they're resting their fingers in? I think once you explain the reason you don't soak they will understand and appreciate you're just trying to prolong the wear of their polish ☺️ Xx

For my CND Spa Manicure I use the almond oil soak in a smallish wide glass bowl which is sat in a larger wide ceramic dish filled with hot water, which was originally sold as a pot pourri bowl from Asda so check out the supermarkets too, not just the salon wholesalers 😃

Latest posts

Back