Manicure bowls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to get so ranty, its not totally off topic and most people also suggested a BOWL for you. Blimey!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You did ask HOW people soak. Some geeks do and some don't so naturally each poster will say whether they do or don't. You've had quite a few replies about which bowls are used so not sure why this has annoyed you so much.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

OP why the need to be so cross with people?

It's all advice so why not take it on board - or not - in the spirit it was given?

Please, please could you try harder not to type "bowel"? It's really offputting.

On topic, I'd second the supermarkets - great gems to be found :)

woaah some people are so rude! and learn to spell BOWL while your there 😩😊

Try google shopping you might find the feed back on that page more useful for manicure bowls see what you fancy & choose one!
If opinions are not what you'd like I really wouldn't ask a question on a forum.
I'm such a kid I've got tears streaming at the hole bowel bowl issue! :)

Please, please could you try harder not to type "bowel"? It's really offputting.

Lol!!

One letter can make a huge difference to the meaning of a word!

I keep reading it as bowels and it's making me chuckle

Try google shopping you might find the feed back on that page more useful for manicure bowls see what you fancy & choose one!
If opinions are not what you'd like I really wouldn't ask a question on a forum.
I'm such a kid I've got tears streaming at the hole bowel bowl issue! :)

I couldn't help but chuckle away. ... Probably harder at Mrs Bod with the misspelling of bowl and how off putting it is! ....Ps you missed the w off of hole.... Now we have holes in the bowel......oh my!!!! Ha.

Ps: I have a very small but plain wooden salad bowl which is a good size but have only every used it twice. Mainly for removing the exfoliating product. You wouldn't know it was a salad bowl.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I couldn't help but chuckle away. ... Probably harder at Mrs Bod with the misspelling of bowl and how off putting it is! ....Ps you missed the w off of hole.... Now we have holes in the bowel......oh my!!!! Ha.

Lol! I'm not the only one then! Sorry op but I hope you find the funny side....

"If you don't have something helpful to say about a flipping bowel, then don't say anything as all. Now for those of you who have and do have advice on a lovely bowel"
A good colonic is all the advice I can give for a lovely bowel!

Lol! I'm not the only one then! Sorry op but I hope you find the funny side....

"If you don't have something helpful to say about a flipping bowel, then don't say anything as all. Now for those of you who have and do have advice on a lovely bowel"
A good colonic is all the advice I can give for a lovely bowel!

This made me laugh out loud ! 😂

I recently bought some lovely flowers to float in my foot spa and bowel for the client to walk into and see.

Well that will certainly get the client's attention :eek:

Oh dear, I was trying so hard not to have a giggle but I just couldn't! I'd say that I feel bad for the OP but frankly I find her responses quite rude so giggle on I say.

Let's hope the flowers aren't Roses that have thorns on the stems. .. otherwise along side the hole in the bowel we will be faced with a hole in the foot as well. ... oh I better give up now. ..I feel I will be in trouble otherwise..

I really just want to know what kind of "bowel" people use. I'm using a large glass bowel and it's really uncomfortable for the clients.

While we're at it..... Never mind the clients, that must be so uncomfortable for you! Talk about a health & safety hazard!

Ok sorry I'm done.

Let's hope the flowers aren't Roses that have thorns on the stems. .. otherwise along side the hole in the bowel we will be faced with a hole in the foot as well. ... oh I better give up now. ..I feel I will be in trouble otherwise..

Whether we soak or not we all need a lovely bowel with a hole!
Added flowers is a beautiful idea something strong scented I feel is essential.

Personally I feel a glass bowl is just too risky but then I'm clumsy!

Jebus! LMAO... ladies ladies, you have me in stitches. I have tried my best to ignore the spelling mistake but it is hard and at that I leave it. Im having too much fun reading everyone elses banter on it ;)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I must say I liked the old Revlon way of the luxury manicure.Where soaking was a must.Must say I don't think it ever effected our wear of the varnish I think that's more to do with varnish,technique,and what they are going to be doing with their manicure after you have painted them.
I don't soak before my gel varnish or gel applications but yes I do in my manicures.Not for ages but its what I like to do,I don't care if that makes me old fashioned its how I do my manicures and I like to do it,I think its softening,nourishing,cleansing and clients like it and my varnish lasts because I was taught to do it properly.
I use pretty glass dessert BOWLS for my soaking.

Jebus! LMAO... ladies ladies, you have me in stitches. I have tried my best to ignore the spelling mistake but it is hard and at that I leave it. Im having too much fun reading everyone elses banter on it ;)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone watch the SuperBowel? Personally I thought it was a load of ****

Going to a boweling alley next weekend, it's gonna be messy!

I can't help it, too funny :-S

O M G ....
I'm crying with laughter ... My OH came into the room and wondered why I'm howling with laughter and crying ... I need to stop reading this ... You lot are on fire this evening ... Good job you didn't have a curry ... ESP with all this bowel movement ... (sorry couldn't resist) ...

OP : No I don't soak anymore or use BOWLS on my clients ... But it is how we have to train the L2 students in manicures ... Which we all think is outdated tbh but we have to stick to the criteria and assessment processes. So each to their way.

Latest posts

Back