Manicure Prices for OAP's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleyp

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im hoping you can help me.

I am a Qualified Creative Nail Tech, and have been asked to do some manicures on some ladies who are 70+, I am just confused at what I should charge. I feel I cant charge them the full price as they are over 70 and this wouldn't be fair?
Can anyone help with what I should charge?

Thank you really appreciate any advice.:rolleyes:

Well imo, I think a manicure is a manicure no matter how old the client is. I don't see how it's unfair to charge them full price.. I mean you are giving them a service! :)

Maybe you could put in an extra service instead... like paraffin or a longer massage?

Don't get me started again. As already said a manicure is a manicure it is not essential it is a treat so there is no reason to feel guilty for charging what you would usually charge.

I have several OAP's who are happy to pay the going rate for their nails, have never given any other impression. They enjoy the treatment and look forward to the chat and company, we have a laugh, generally at the expense of our husbands!

There have been several threads on here regarding OAP's, nurses, students etc but I firmly believe that we have a pricelist for a reason. We all have to make a living and as long as we are giving good value for money then there is no reason for any discounts, offers, reductions or free gifts, ever! :green:

Hi everyone,

Im hoping you can help me.

I am a Qualified Creative Nail Tech, and have been asked to do some manicures on some ladies who are 70+, I am just confused at what I should charge. I feel I cant charge them the full price as they are over 70 and this wouldn't be fair?
Can anyone help with what I should charge?

Thank you really appreciate any advice.:rolleyes:

My question is: why do you feel it's unfair to charge your going rate for a mani just because someone is over 70?

I know that lot of businesses offer senior discounts. Is that what you are thinking, you should give them a discount because of their age? I DO understand where you are coming from. Sometimes, I feel the same way...

It's not UNfair to charge senior citizens your going rate. And, IMHO, it's also not wrong to offer a senior discount.

Best of luck to you! :)

Charge whatever you want,
Dont be made a fool of though, theres a big difference between the oap struggling on her pension and the oap that jets of on 5 holidays a year.

xx

The other thing to consider in this is that if you give a special rate or discount or whatever to this lady then she tells her friends then they tell theirs etc. and they all want treatments you will be doing a lot of work for less money. You will also attract some who already pay the going rate to someone else and are happy to do so. Just be careful as this can set a trend that is hard to put right later. :)

Sometimes doing a manicure on an oap takes more care and attention so I would not discount. :hug: Surely whoever asked you knew your prices? x

i used to work in a Spa that offered an OAP discount, and the older ladies really took advantage of it! I really couldnt understand why they offered the discount because they were in a very affulent area, and all the clients were very well off and had several holidays a year.

How many OAP ladies are you doing manicures for?

Dumb question: what is OAP? Thank you! :)

Old age pensioner, women over 60 and men over 65 in the UK. :)

Thank you everyone, I will stick to my usuall prices.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.:)

Latest posts

Back