manicures for 40 girls in 90 minutes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
i have been asked to join in my daughters pampering day at school this wednesday.
the object of this day is to bring the girls closer together and stop the bitching (lol).
i have a two classes of twenty girls (40 all up) and 45 minutes for each class to show them how to do a BASIC manicure on each other.
they are bringing thier own things,so i have kept it as simple as possible with the time frame in mind,too:eek:
the head mistress wants wet manicures (girls own bowls) and cuticle pushing going on (it may turn nasty:lol: ) i am bringing a couple of bottles of nail soak for bubbles and adding a drop of tea tree for the hygeine factor...plus 40 orange wood sticks etc. just in case.
anything i have missed? or any helpful comments please?
i am plannning to just wing the educational aspect..otherwise i may overload them and me!

file the nails
soak in bowl
push back cuticles
handcream
quick soak to remove handcream
dry hands
base coat or strengthener
polish
top coat

i am bringing:
bowl
2 handtowels
2 nails soaks
2 tea tree oils
40 orange wood sticks
12 polishes
cotton balls
polish remover
cuticle pusher
files
base and top
hand cream nail dry spray
sanitiser
distenfectant

i have the plan plus what they and i need photocopied..cant upload it..looks very organised though! the only problem i can see is thier partners nails needing to dry before they can have polish:confused:

instead of soaking after hand cream why don't you squeak the nail with a bit of polish remover??

I would suggest taking a nail brush.Girls nails can be quite dirty.I have especially found this out as used quite a lot of my sons friends when I needed practice for my enhancements.Some of their nails were down right filthy.

You may need nail clippers/scissors as well for cutting the nail shorter if needed.HTH

Instead of twos pair them in threes one can dry while the other paints and from experience (20 teenage girls in 30 mins for a birthday party!!) let them bring their own towels, narrow the colour choice down on polishes to save arguments!!! Especially if this is a bonding time!!! Most of all have fun....they will for sure!! :hug:

instead of soaking after hand cream why don't you squeak the nail with a bit of polish remover??
we would need the girls to bring polish remover also, otherwise yes i would...but thanks :)

I would suggest taking a nail brush.Girls nails can be quite dirty.I have especially found this out as used quite a lot of my sons friends when I needed practice for my enhancements.Some of their nails were down right filthy.

You may need nail clippers/scissors as well for cutting the nail shorter if needed.HTH
a nail brush for them to bring is a good idea,thankyou.
no scissors though as they are only 11 and 12 year olds..dont want any accidents!

Instead of twos pair them in threes one can dry while the other paints and from experience (20 teenage girls in 30 mins for a birthday party!!) let them bring their own towels, narrow the colour choice down on polishes to save arguments!!! Especially if this is a bonding time!!! Most of all have fun....they will for sure!! :hug:
great idea sallyanne:)

Definitely narrow the colour choice down! They'll take ages to choose!:lol:

Do you have to soak, can you not do a dry manicure, using cuticle remover or oil?

Just a thought... offer an incentive for those to those who dont smudge their nails. Something small! A nail file???

thanks andrea! i think most will bring their own polish..which is great..i will have some spares hidden away..hopefully they wont be needed.
i did suggest to the headmistress a dry manicure (visions of spilt water all over the school carpet:eek: ) but she was set on bowls...she may live to regret that:lol:

I hope things go ok for you on the day, so this bitching happens all over the world then.My daughter is 15yr on the 25th nov and her and her friends are like babies. My daughter has red hair {strawberry blonde} which looks lovley but they give her what for if one root is thru, to wear she wanted to kill herself at one point.Anyway im straying sorry lol.Good luck hope it all goes well,they have had bonding days at her schooll but still the same unfortunatley.xxx

thank you zena, to be honest i dont think the day accomplished alot in terms of getting along with each other
icon_rolleyes.gif

the two main offenders had separated themselves from the entire group at a table across the room..i was too busy to bother bringing it to the teachers attention (who's job it is to notice things like this anyway
icon_frown.gif
)
if it were in my control i would have had the girls who dont play together in pairs..otherwise whats the point of the whole exercise?
icon_confused.gif

anyway those two girls excluding themselves from the group came back to bite them,lol,to me if they didnt want to be part of the lesson, then i wasnt going to address them at all AND they missed out on nail art stickers etc..you should have seen their faces,lol.

we would need the girls to bring polish remover also, otherwise yes i would...but thanks :)

Thought that was something that you was taking..

yes it was hun,for my own mani partner (my daughter). sharing one menda pump between all the girls would have slowed the 45 minutes right down..didnt want the girls to bring thier own bottles due to possible accidents on the school desks and carpet...i could have purchased at least two more menda pumps but the manicures were already costing me in stickers etc plus my time.

Latest posts

Back