massage.....men????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katherineiv

Reaction score
Hi, i have been mobile for about a year and have just opened my room at home this week....people coming in slowly but this morning had a call from a male..... i never did males b4 as going to peoples homes unles i knew them but said i would do males from room as long as my mother was down stairs.
anyway he seemed quite plesent and booked a date and time, then i asked for his name and number like you do for contact which he was ok with. well after the call i remembered i was going to be doing something else that time and tryed to call back but it came as no such number!!!! we now thinking :rolleyes: is he who he says he is and what should i do? have any of you had this im quite nervous now .

Well he either made an honest mistake, or was a bit dodgy. But obviously you have a problem now as even if you decide to cancel him how can you get back in touch with him? It does sound a little strange though, only IMO of course....

I does seem strange, would be possible that you wrote the number down worng, mixed up digits or something? DId he give you an adress or anything other than his name and number?

thanks for that.....he seems ok but he did say phone bit b4 as after xmas so then i hope for him to call back

I personally doubt whether you will see or hear from him again i think he was just sussing you out and when he realised you were sraight gave a false number never intending to come.Im afraid im very cynical.How did he find out about you.
If you do book men over the phone who you dont know don't be afraid to say as one of the first things that you are a qualified professional therapist and the massage will be straight they know exactly what that means and noone wastes their time.

if you feel uncomfortable ask for a a landline number and ask if they are visiting you to bring a female friend/wife/girlfriend with them if there genuine they wont mind

I simply wont do ANY massage on men. Thats just me.

My hubby said if he was going for a massage from a pretty girl then it would be awkward (if you know what I mean). And if he genuinly wanted a massage - he would go to a health club for a sports therapy massage.

Its incredibly personal and your very vunerable. I know someone who sacked from a salon because she didnt want to massage a man. I think that was unfair dismissal.

And if you advertise that you do massage then you will probably get these calls quite regularly.

We only do ladies only massage.
I wouldn't ask anyone to do anything they are not comfortable with.
And I would worry if they was on there own as well.

You could be being 100% professional but the guy getting touched by a woman could get over active hormones, maybe that's very rare I don't know but I deff wouldn't want anyone doing it on there own, just too vunerable situation.
If you have people around it a diff story and the guy could be totally proffesional as well - like a sport massage done by a female physio.

The iffy number just makes it sound worse IMHO.

I have to do a full aromatherpy body massage on a man tomorrow and I'm dreading it, i usually only do backs on men but the girl who booked it didn't know this (i rent a room in a holistic centre) my husband is coming with me and will be right next door if .

I thought it was strange that a man rang up and asked for an aromatherpy massage.....

Tomorrow will be the deciding massage on men

When I had a home based salon years ago, I had a man who wanted a pedicure and I was really nervous as I was alone in the house. It was the husband of one of my regular clients who was a police officer, I had all their contact details and I had told Stu that I would call him at the end of the appointment - but still felt slightly uncomfortable.

During the first appointment, the gent he told me that he'd been looking for someone to do his feet for ages but so many people did not do pedicures or massages for men.

All went really well and he turned out to be a very regular client who booked in for a Spa Pedi every month like clockwork for the next couple of years!

There are lots of genuine men out there looking for treatments but you always have to be on your guard with new and existing clients.

Take care and be safe - wrong numbers are worrying though hun!

Mandy x

I'm not put off by doing massages on men, as well as other treatments. But as said above if it was someone new then I would want someone around for the first couple of treatments just to be on the safe side!! :)

Tricky, go by your gut instincts, if you feel in the least worried about doing men then don't especially at home or at their home. Even if they were to bring a girlfriend, wife or partner, that doesn't mean it's any safer.

When I rented a room at a salon I had my first male client for a back wax, he was very nice and complimented me on how professional I was, said he'd come back. I left the salon and he rang me to book a wax appointment, I felt very awkward about going to his house, just because someone seems nice doesn't mean they are. In the end I explained to him and he understood, and I recommended him to my friend's salon. Always put your safety first.

Deb379

If you're not comfortable doing him then don't do him. It's better not to take the risk if you're not sure. If I was working from home then it would be NO MEN unless I knew them already. It may be harsh on the genuine ones but there are plenty of salons where it's a much safer environment for the staff. And the client for that matter. Better safe than sorry!

Latest posts

Back