Mastectomy and reconstruction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi girls! Just an update - I have now seen my breast surgeon and breast nurse, who are keen to get the op done asap when hubby gets back from sea at the start of june. Slightly concerned as to what kind of reconstruction they will do as they said their might not be enough fat on my tum (size 14, i think theres plenty lol) to make 2 biggish boobies (in a GG just now, though want to go down to an E) so will need to wait and see what the plastics say in the next month or so. but all in all, things are pretty positive xxx

hi girls! Just an update - I have now seen my breast surgeon and breast nurse, who are keen to get the op done asap when hubby gets back from sea at the start of june. Slightly concerned as to what kind of reconstruction they will do as they said their might not be enough fat on my tum (size 14, i think theres plenty lol) to make 2 biggish boobies (in a GG just now, though want to go down to an E) so will need to wait and see what the plastics say in the next month or so. but all in all, things are pretty positive xxx

Big hug to you huni and I hope all goes well.You are fabulous brave and an inspiration.I'm glad things are positive and your thinking positive.lots of love xxx

Hope everything goes ok hun x

Just an update on this thread!! I had my double mastectomy 3 weeks ago and had immediate reconstruction using my tummy fat and tissues. Jigs they don't prepare you for how tired you're going to be!! Got some lovely huge scars now and mega swollen but all going well. Been told that both breasts tissues returned cancer free and my risk has dropped from around 90+% to less than 5% xxx

Wishing you a complete recovery
X

No advice for you, just well wishes & good luck :) x

Just an update on this thread!! I had my double mastectomy 3 weeks ago and had immediate reconstruction using my tummy fat and tissues. Jigs they don't prepare you for how tired you're going to be!! Got some lovely huge scars now and mega swollen but all going well. Been told that both breasts tissues returned cancer free and my risk has dropped from around 90+% to less than 5% xxx

Thank you for posting and wishing you the very best for your recovery. I have only just seen this post, in my work I see a lot of breast reconstruction and as most of my referrals come from an incredible surgeon I am always amazed by the results, I wish I had seen this sooner so that I could reassure you a little. My best wishes, once again thank you for posting and congratulations for your successful op, Victoria x.

Sounds like your op went as well as expected, you must be sore, take things easy and look after your self

💐x

What a great thread! Its so nice to hear that your doing well (apart from the tiredness) and it has been very educational. My nana had breast cancer and had one breast removed, back then they didn't do reconstruction! Then she died a few years later of a different cancer, both my grandads also died of cancer so i have always been worried about cancer and i would definitely have the op if i had the gene or cancer after reading this thread!

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. I hope your recovery goes the same and that you're feeling better soon.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone! Having a few problems with my body rejecting the stitches and opening wounds but surgeon said if that's all that goes wrong I'm doing great!! Managed to wear jeggings and a fitted t shirt today in 2sizes smaller on top so I feel good today lol x

Thank you for posting and wishing you the very best for your recovery. I have only just seen this post, in my work I see a lot of breast reconstruction and as most of my referrals come from an incredible surgeon I am always amazed by the results, I wish I had seen this sooner so that I could reassure you a little. My best wishes, once again thank you for posting and congratulations for your successful op, Victoria x.

Hi there! Do you do the micro pigmentation tattooing? Not sure when I'll be able to have it done but I'm excited to eventually get nipples again haha!! Xxx

Wishing you a speedy full recovery Hun x

Latest posts

Back