Mates rates!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never charge my mum, or my nan!!! as they have helped me out
Mates - erm depends really i always say just cover the products!!! or if they do me a fav they ask for a wax or something

I do a few people for free, like my Mum and Dad (they both have a treatment of their choice once a month), my cousin, I would my daughter if she ever let me get near her :( and also a close friend, but then she does all our waxing, manicures, pedicures and anything else we may need, she reckons that it all adds up to whatever treatment I would give her, be it Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Hopi Ear Candling etc, so a total swap there, Jo x

your product is no cheaper wether you do a mate or client.your service is still the same,the products are still the same, the service time is still the same.i only discount if i try a new product or technique.i also do free nails for my best mates weddings.i dont discount and i dont expect my mates to discount me.i have a builder mate, he charges me the same hourly fee when he built my extension,mate who works for a well know aussie cosmetic surgeon who charges me the same.i just get a little extra better service etc.when i worked in a hairdressers i gave then 10% off and they did the same, this is what the owner wanted when i signed his lease.each to their own though.

I charge every one full price INCLUDING MY MOTHER!!!

At the end of the day I have bills and overheads to pay!

I will do swops with people for their services, but I prefer to usually pay outright and know where I stand. I dont have to worry about upsetting one friend because the other had more treatments and got more off etc.

Some hate me for it cause they think its a god given right to get freebies. Do I care = Nope!

OMG i could never have charged my mum. She had brought me up for all them years and put up with all my c*** lol
I would feel sooooo bad! I dont have her anymore sadly but would love to pamper her now no matter what the cost of it was.
You only get one mum hun, look after her!
xxx

You only get one mum hun, look after her!
xxx

It's too easy to assume that all mums have loved and nurtured their children. Some have not...

It's too easy to assume that all mums have loved and nurtured their children. Some have not...

you just give what you get dont you!! whatever that may be. :hug:

my mom and dad are briliant, i live with them still out of choice! lol.

me and dad have just got back from the shop after he has done a gazilion and one jobe there for me, so i will do his feet for him later!! lol.

Hiya

I would give free treatments to my mum if I still had her. I would give free treatments to my dad had he bothered with me a bit more since my mum died and he re-married. I would give free treatments to my sister, and do when she's not busy, but I actually have to ask her if she wants stuff doing :)

So I give free treatments to a lady I have known for years and has become close to me. She made time to be my nail model on my CND course, she makes time for me when I need a chat, I make time for her also and she gives me free treatments in return.

I don't give discounts or freebies to anyone else unless I fancy it or am in the mood, then I'm as surprised as the 'friend'.

I sometimes find that 'friends' appear when there's something on offer that they will benefit from.

Just my two cents :green:

I have hardly had a nurtured upbringing as my mum was an alcoholic!
Still my mum though and doesnt matter what she did or didnt do. At the end of the day she brought me into the world and just because she wasnt how she should be it doesnt mean i'd charge her for treatments because of it.
xxx

I dont think it matters if you charge or dont charge your m8's it depends on you and your set up. It is a business at the end of the day so whatever works for you Emma. I do a set % so Everyone is clear - I do sometimes want my mother-in-law to get free treatments but then I am giving confusing messages so stick to the 30% off.
When I was a manager I wasnt allowed to give discounts and my family came in anyway! Its just a gesture - if most of your clients ARE you M8's you'll be running at a loss!

Latest posts

Back