Matte Acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen-Nail Tech

Reaction score
I know you're going to laugh at me and maybe it's a long day... Blah blah blah... But I've just had an appointment booked for hot pink matte acrylics...

I've googled the look and it looks very nice but then I'm thinking... (here's where you laugh) do I just file them and use my trusty sand turtle and they're done or do I use a matte top coat... OR is there a fancy method that I just don't know about yet?

If anyone can put my muddled mind at rest I would appreciate it :) x

If u have hot pink acrylic then yes, I would think u just buff. If not polish and use matte top coat

No idea, I've never heard of it :irked:

I'd go with either of your options, no final glossing buff or matt topcoat

It's a different one for sure :D

I'd go with a matte top coat , if you don't finish the nails to a shine they will be somewhat porous ,
So I'd do them in a clear powder then pink polish and matte base ,
That will be so much Easyer to re balance than using a pink polymer to :)

I'd go with a matte top coat , if you don't finish the nails to a shine they will be somewhat porous ,
So I'd do them in a clear powder then pink polish and matte base ,
That will be so much Easyer to re balance than using a pink polymer to :)

Thanks for all of your replies. This is what I was thinking (about it being porous?) but then when you use a buffer to shine them it doesn't add any protective layers.

It's a thinker... I searched the topics and could only find topics on matte shellac

x

Thanks for all of your replies. This is what I was thinking (about it being porous?) but then when you use a buffer to shine them it doesn't add any protective layers.

It's a thinker... I searched the topics and could only find topics on matte shellac

x

The effect of Buffing seals the surface of the nail making it less pours ,

I would finish as usual then just lightly buff the top coat xx

I would finish as usual then just lightly buff the top coat xx

Ahhh! Thank you! I'm definitely going to have to try this out before here appointment and see how it goes.

x

Latest posts

Back